DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Weird that the French trials concluded that it had no effect.

I am not sure which you are talking, but if you are talking about the one that tested it on only 15 patients, they tested it on only 15 patient.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Are there any unbiased sources left though? If something isn't Pro Trump, it's anti-Trump (which is okay in and of itself, but usually means it'll go overboard the other way with disinformation).

Probably worse in the UK where most of the papers have fierce allegiances. I hate it when I go on google news and everything seems to link to newspaper opinion pieces rather than actual news articles.

UK TV news sites are usually the best sources for unbiased news but plenty of people line up to take pot shots at them as well from both sides of the fence.

• Like 1

the strict lockdown measures here were being very effective in bringing the numbers down and things were looking better here for the past few days until today where cases surged up again (it was 1 person infecting his whole family & a couple of people from his town).

21 - April 2nd
4- April 1st
9- March 30th
13- March 29th
11- March 28th
23- March 27th
40- March 26th

19- March 25th

• Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Are there any unbiased sources left though? If something isn't Pro Trump, it's anti-Trump (which is okay in and of itself, but usually means it'll go overboard the other way with disinformation).

I recommend you make a Twitter list compiling a dozen or two different journalists from across the political spectrum (but avoiding the extreme ends). That way you get a variety of reporting (and since it's Twitter, the message gets simplified into a couple sentences). From there, you can find the true middle of the story.

• Like 3

The Texas lockdown excludes religious gatherings as "essential services" a la Florida.

Sort of makes the whole thing useless, does'nt it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I am not sure which you are talking, but if you are talking about the one that tested it on only 15 patients, they tested it on only 15 patient.

Don't know, saw the article this morning and it said it didn't work, checked again just now and there are conflicting articles.

Seems like a bit of a mess.

11 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I’m a little wary of the Washington Times as well. If it’s as big as they seem to be saying, more reputable outlets will be reporting (and hopefully in more detail).

Or maybe it's a case the drug can be useful in some cases, but it not a instcure for the virus.\

What is clear it is not the silver bullet people are hoping for.

• Like 1

I know that the impact of the virus on video game development and the new consoles has been a discussion point around here.

The Last Of Us Part II just got delayed indefinitely, due to concerns about being able to physically distribute the game in May when it was set for release.

I'm expecting several big games to get delayed, either because retail will still be closed, or because quarantine measures are hampering game development.

I'd still be surprised if both the Xbox Series X and PS5 launch this holiday season.

• Sad 1

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 4

Posted (edited)
Just now, OncomingStorm93 said:

I'm expecting several big games to get delayed, either because retail will still be closed, or because quarantine measures are hampering game development.

Do many people still buy physical version of their games ? I know physical games virtually do not exist for PC since about the mid 2000s (when you bought a box you were buying a keycode in it mostly), I would imagine that it did the same for other platform since then as well.

Edited by Barnack

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Just wanted to say that this March felt like the longest March ever for me.

By fucking far. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I know that the impact of the virus on video game development and the new consoles has been a discussion point around here.

The Last Of Us Part II just got delayed indefinitely, due to concerns about being able to physically distribute the game in May when it was set for release.

I'd still be surprised if both the Xbox Series X and PS5 launch this holiday season.

Why are video games being delayed? I've never in my life played more video games than the past couple of weeks (and I'm not much of a player at all)...

Can't games be purchased and downloaded online? 

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

By fucking far. 

On the plus side, April has 1 less day.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The Texas lockdown excludes religious gatherings as "essential services" a la Florida.

Considering that is my daily job, it is our understanding per our legal contacts that we still cannot have full services / gatherings. We are still limited to 10 or less people (and have been working that way for 3 full weeks now so its not new.) 

Not sure what Florida's is (not my state obviously) but Gov Abbotts rule didnt change anything from the way it was before. He is not wanting to have idiots like the one in LA and FL bussing in 1k+ people. So its not a blank check

• Like 2

The French chloroquine trial.  

(Oh no, it’s CNN)

In brighter news. My province of British Columbia seems to be holding steady. Number of cases have been about the same for the past 2 weeks.

• Like 1

With regards to work, most of our sister companies in the US, Germany and Switzerland have shut down, they either have no orders of they cant deliver those orders because the customers have shut down.

My company in the UK went into the new year with a large order book taking us into June and because 80% of our customers are in Asia, there is no problem shipping, they are all open for business and crying out for their deliveries.

Because the sister companies are dragging the finances down we are still having cut down all purchases of all non-essential items which is affecting my engineering work so although manufacturing is continuing on full time, I'm having to go to a 4 day week to save costs (no big deal as I only do half day friday anyway).

Manufacturing has gone on to 2 shifts to avoid having too many people around at the same time and allowing more distance between people.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Why are video games being delayed? I've never in my life played more video games than the past couple of weeks (and I'm not much of a player at all)...

Can't games be purchased and downloaded online? 

Physical distribution is still a large part of the industry and game consoles are already seeing manufacturing delays.

Edited by cookie

55 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The Florida "lockdown" has reauthorized religious gatherings in the cities that had banned them.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1