DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Update today was they have 500K tests available but since Roche came 1st hospitals/labs dont want to change now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/03/coronavirus-testing-which-states-are-doing-the-most-covid-19-screening.html

article is wrong

https://khn.org/news/trump-touted-abbotts-quick-covid-19-test-hhs-document-shows-only-5500-are-on-way-for-entire-u-s/

The company lied and didn't make the tests easily accessible. Dr Birx lied as well as it the companies fault just as much as hospitals who clearly went forward with testing platforms that were available prior to this week. California and Washington have a combined backlog of 80000 tests.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Andreas said:

... is what a left-winger would probably say. He's the only one holding Trump accountable for poor management of the crisis and also acknowledging Richard Burr's coronavirus briefing-fiasco.

Try watching the debate between him and Cenk Uygur. Even if you're against his beliefs, you'll see that this guy is really ok.

Tucker Carlson doesn't buy the own shit he spews. He's not stupid, he's just evil. Cenk Uygur is scum as well.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Me neither. It’s talking about November and December like everything will be back to normal by them that equates to lack of awareness. 

Sure, but a BO forum isn’t really the place to talk about something non-covid related. The BO performance of basically every movie for the next year has covid as the most important factor. It feels inescapable here because it is inescapably vital to what this whole forum is about 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure you realize though that this site isn't just dedicated to box office. Yea, the tracking thread has always been my favourite thread on this site. But by that logic, a BO forum isn't exactly the place to talk about covid either

Mon 8pm: +149
Tue 8pm: +211
Wed 8pm: +190
Thu 8pm: +186
Fri 8pm: +212

Sat 8pm: +174

Sun 8pm: +127

Mon 8pm: +114

Tue 8pm: +150

Wed 8pm: + 116

Thu 8pm: +91

Fri 8pm: +104 (Total: 2494)

12 dead in NSW from COVID-19

Health Minister Brad Hazzard has announced, as at 8pm Friday night, NSW had a further 104 confirmed cases of COVID-19, up from 91 new cases the day prior.

There are 2494 cases confirmed in NSW, where a total 12 people have now died from the virus.

Mr Hazzard expressed his sympathies to the families of those who have died.

"It is a trying time and a difficult time. I can't imagine how those families are feeling.Sadly there will be more families in that situation in coming weeks," he said.

"The frontline medical staff have been extremely active with our community and in the last 24 hrs there have been 3540 tests undertaken. That brings us in NSW to 117,633 tests undertaken, by far the most of any state or territory."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/coronavirus-updates-live-global-covid-19-cases-surpass-1-million-australian-death-toll-hits-28-20200403-p54h01.html#p508bx

• Sad 3

It's true that both the "left-wing media" and the "right-wing media" are very biased. Though I think it's much more common for people these days to think the right-wing media are the more biased ones because a lot of people only really started paying attention to politics and these things once Trump got elected, especially young people. And truthfully, even when the "left-wing media" criticizes every little thing Trump does, it's hard to see their bias because Trump literally manages to do every single thing wrong, so he makes it incredibly easy for the "left-wing media" to criticize him.

I do however remember during the Obama Administration when a lot of "left-wing media" would heap enormous unending praise on him as if he were the greatest president ever, even when he sat around doing a whole lot of nothing (which was most of the time).

That said, during Obama's tenure as president we got "Left-Wing media heap unwarranted praise upon a president who doesn't do much" and during Trump's tenure we get "Right-Wing media heap unwarranted praise upon an incompetent, self-centered, corrupt authoritarian who locks children in cages, makes decisions based solely on personal profits for his family, and would be happy to hide a couple hundred thousand corpses behind a nice blow-up poster of a roaring stock market signed by himself"

Edited by Killimano3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny : 

saying publicly in January 2020 :

"close the damn fuking borders with China and Asia as a whole NOW !"

made you a fascist, racist, bigot etc etc etc or whatever word is hip right now to call you a nazi.

Because we were not quite sure where this new Virus came from.

It was live on television/Internet 24/7 all January but there were still doubt where it originated from.

Uranus maybe ?

Thanos Home World ?

Now go 2 months  the future and we have closed :

-cinemas

-schools

- unessential working places

-public places and gatherings like all restaurents and concerts etc

-we put more than one billion people in self confinement aka in the borders of their own homes

-1/4th or 1/3th of the economy depending on your current figures

-treatments to patients that can't be treated because hospitals are swamped by covid patients 

- there is even a border between your mouth and the eardrum of the person you are talking too.

We call them face masks I think.

Borders and Walls EVERYWHERE you go.

I know it s sad, fascism has won.

Tragic I know.

We closed ALL the metaphorical or real borders there is in this world except the first and most important  and paramount ones.

Oh and yes I forgot the punch in the gut to irony,  dozens of states ( even the progressive ones but don't repeat it) finally decided to close plenty of their borders, not all but quite a lot.

Those evil nazis.

Funny how that works ?

Covid cells don't book ticket planes/buses/trains reservations or drive cars by themselves unless my biology knowledge is quite bad.

At least, people who are ready to die for their ideology is a highly commendable thing and I respect that.

:bravo:

I ll pop up a Champagne bottle when we have our first one million Covid death because closing borders is/was a bad and offensive word 2 minutes ago.

Say NO to fascism !

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Andreas said:

... is what a left-winger would probably say. He's the only one holding Trump accountable for poor management of the crisis and also acknowledging Richard Burr's coronavirus briefing-fiasco.

Try watching the debate between him and Cenk Uygur. Even if you're against his beliefs, you'll see that this guy is really ok.

No, it's what an intelligent person with the powers of observation would say.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Porthos said:

If there is one thing that I wish more people truly understood about about this current Neo Gilded Age it is that there is a deep and utterly systemic sickness in the so-called Main Stream Media.  And I call it systemic because there is truly no other way to describe it.  A complete breakdown... no inability to rise to the current challenges of the day.  An inability to call a spade a spade and a refusal among many to confront the powerful.

It's also systemic because this has been a deep rot that has slowly thread throughout the media sphere starting since probably the mid-to-late 80s.  Back then it wasn't nearly as pervasive as it is now, but the seeds were being sown.

Yes there are individual reporters and outlets which are rising to the challenge better than others.  Even within the Gray Lady, there are scores of terrific reporters.  But the predominate culture of The Media has gotten worse in the Trump era, not better. 

I don't have any real solutions to offer.  At least not practical ones.  No, I suspect this is only going to change slowly in fits and starts as more and more of the folks raised in the 90s way of reporting are cycled out of media and more and more of the folks who are currently up and comers are cycled in.  And even then as long as "horse race coverage" and "who won the day" permeates how media covers politics, I don't think this is going to get better any time soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Funny : 

saying publicly in January 2020 :

"close the damn fuking borders with China and asia as a whole NOW !"

made you a fascist, racist, bigot etc etc etc or whatever word is hip right now to call you a nazi.

Now go 2 months  the future and we have closed :

-cinemas

-public places and gatherings like all restaurents and concerts etc

-we put more than one billion people in self confinement aka in the borders of their own homes

-1/4th or 1/3th of the economy depending on your current figures

-treatments to patients that can't be treated because hospitals are swamped by covid patients 

- there is even a border between your mouth and the eardrum of the person you are talking too.

We call them face masks I think.

Borders and Walls EVERYWHERE you go.

I know it s sad, fascism has won.

Tragic I know.

We closed ALL the metaphorical or real borders there is in this world except the first and most important  and paramount ones.

Oh and yes I forgot the punch in the gut to irony,  dozens of states ( even the progressive ones but don't repeat it) finally decided to close plenty of borders, not all but quite a lot.

Those evil nazis.

Funny how that works ?

Covid cells don't book ticket planes/buses/trains reservations or drive cars by themselves unless my biology knowledge is quite bad.

At least, people who are ready to die for their ideology is highly commendable and I respect that.

:bravo:

I ll pop up a Champagne bottle when we have our first one million Covid death because closing borders is/was a bad and offensive word 2 minutes ago.

Say NO to fascism !

What's the connection between the two?

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

This mask availability crisis is fucking personal to me. People are using to same masks every damn day, it's insane.

Has anyone tried to do the maths anyway  ?

In a perfect world, maybe we would need globally  I dunno, 1 Billion masks a day or a week ?

There is an actual war right now to get masks all around the world.

Edited by The Futurist
6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Has anyone tried to do the maths anyway  ?

In a perfect world, maybe we would need globally  I dunno, 1 Billion masks a day or a week ?

There is an actual war right now to get masks all around the world.

DPA could generate millions of masks daily. Trump was a jackass and refused to fully utilize it. 

Edited by cdsacken
2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What will do more damages ?

- Covid cells killing people

- Civid consequences on our way of life and economies.

Place your bets.

If we have a protracted downturn, economy will definitely kill way more in the longrun. Millions.

My prediction: cinemas will be back around august-sept but in half or less capacity (so no blockbusters, just older and indie movies) We will return to "normal" life as the virus slow downs but we will still have to social distance ourselve and be cautius so virus can't come back in big way which means no mass events, no parties, no film festivals, probably no traveling to other countries until Vaccine in 2021 is discovered.

Edited by Damianport1
9 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

DPA could generate millions of masks daily. Trump was a jackass and refused to fully utilize it. 

Just something to keep in mind about this particular wrinkle of the DPA.

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 1