DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

8 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

My prediction: cinemas will be back around august-sept but in half or less capacity (so no blockbusters, just older and indie movies) We will return to "normal" life as the virus slow downs but we will still have to social distance ourselve and be cautius so virus can't come back in big way which means no mass events, no parties, no film festivals, probably no traveling to other countries until Vaccine in 2021 is discovered.

travel will be fully reopened this year and soon but many wont travel

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just something to keep in mind about this particular wrinkle of the DPA.

Had he invoked 45 days ago, prioritization would have resulted in at tens of millions of masks produced right now

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Watch the hand movements match the “model”. 

Between Trumps ridiculous Facial expressions and hand movements and Joe Biden losing his self awareness every few mins, the 2020 debate is going to be a good snapshot of how a country of 330 million people has such geezers running for office. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

....what?!

I keep on saying, Georgia despertely needs another little visit from General Sherman.

Particulary the way his troops burned down the Govenor;s mansion.....

THe idiot governor is making the Mayor of Amity in "Jaws" look like a shining example of resposible government....

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Between Trumps ridiculous Facial expressions and hand movements and Joe Biden losing his self awareness every few mins, the 2020 debate is going to be a good snapshot of how a country of 330 million people has such geezers running for office. 

Max age should be 65, 69 for reelection

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Had he invoked 45 days ago, prioritization would have resulted in at tens of millions of masks produced right now

Oh I’m not disagreeing with you in the slightest.  Just thought it was interesting to see your comment and that one on Twitter almost back to back and I thought it was a good jumping on point.  Especially with all of the controversy surrounding 3M today/yesterday.

One of the other real problems is that Trump seems to think “I declare bankruptcy” ala The Office is all that needs to happen when there is an actual chain of command of orders that need to be done.

It’s this utter lack of command of logistics combined with a hideous lack of foresight (or caring) which is turning this all into a much worse shitshow than it needed to be.

(and this doesn’t even get into the narcissistic fueled battle royal Trump is trying to instigate between the states) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, Porthos said:

Oh I’m not disagreeing with you in the slightest.  Just thought it was interesting to see your comment and that one on Twitter almost back to back and I thought it was a good jumping on point.  Especially with all of the controversy surrounding 3M today/yesterday.

One of the other real problems is that Trump seems to think “I declare bankruptcy” ala The Office is all that needs to happen when there is an actual chain of command of orders that need to be done.

It’s this utter lack of command of logistics combined with a hideous lack of foresight (or caring) which is turning this all into a much worse shitshow than it needed to be.

(and this doesn’t even get into the narcissistic fueled battle royal Trump is trying to instigate between the states) 

Agreed and you're right DPA is no longer an easy fix

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

This mask availability crisis is fucking personal to me. People are using to same masks every damn day, it's insane.

55 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Nunes is the guy who two weeks ago was saying the virus was all media hype and urged people to basically go out to local restaruants and party.

1 hour ago, Killimano3 said:

It's true that both the "left-wing media" and the "right-wing media" are very biased. Though I think it's much more common for people these days to think the right-wing media are the more biased ones because a lot of people only really started paying attention to politics and these things once Trump got elected, especially young people. And truthfully, even when the "left-wing media" criticizes every little thing Trump does, it's hard to see their bias because Trump literally manages to do every single thing wrong, so he makes it incredibly easy for the "left-wing media" to criticize him.

I do however remember during the Obama Administration when a lot of "left-wing media" would heap enormous unending praise on him as if he were the greatest president ever, even when he sat around doing a whole lot of nothing (which was most of the time).

That said, during Obama's tenure as president we got "Left-Wing media heap unwarranted praise upon a president who doesn't do much" and during Trump's tenure we get "Right-Wing media heap unwarranted praise upon an incompetent, self-centered, corrupt authoritarian who locks children in cages, makes decisions based solely on personal profits for his family, and would be happy to hide a couple hundred thousand corpses behind a nice blow-up poster of a roaring stock market signed by himself"

Obama sat around doing nothing because for the vast majority of his term he had a a Congress which was hell-bent on blocking everything.

• Like 9

“As COVID-19 cases increase sharply nationwide, some health experts are now recommending that seemingly healthy members of the public wear cloth masks when they’re out and about. On April 3, President Trump announced a new federal recommendation urging the public to wear cloth masks to prevent people who are infected, but may not have symptoms, from unknowingly spreading the disease.“

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/04/should-you-wear-a-face-mask-heres-all-the-data-we-have/

“There is an island nation off the southeastern coast of China where public health officials saw the pandemic coming—and took action before China did. Nearly three months after reporting its first confirmed case of Covid-19, this country has only reported 348 positive diagnoses and five deaths. It was one of the earliest countries to be hit and has one of the lowest infection rates.

But you wouldn’t know any of this if you got your information from the World Health Organization. The country is Taiwan, which the WHO refuses to recognize as a sovereign state.“

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/taiwan-who-coronavirus-china/

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Agreed and you're right DPA is no longer an easy fix

Yet you dropped a Willie on me. :ph34r:

(I hope it was just a slip of the fingers :lol:)

BTW, all the thoughts to you and yours during all of this.  I know this has to be extra trying to anyone in the medical profession or have friends/loved ones in terrible situation.

• Not Cool 1
9 minutes ago, Menor said:

Obama sat around doing nothing because for the vast majority of his term he had a a Congress which was hell-bent on blocking everything.

And blocking his SC appointments.

Meanwhile Trump had both parts of Congress his first 2 years and still didn't get his wall or get rid of Obamacare.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

BTW, all the thoughts to you and yours during all of this.  I know this has to be extra trying to anyone in the medical profession or have friends/loved ones in terrible situation.

:P

The WHO is no better then any of the other countries botching their responses and playing politics. The WHO is obsessed with appeasing China which means with a virus that came out of China they've done nothing but make things worse.

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Lmao totally was changed it haha sorry

• Haha 2

re: coronavirus and voting concerns:

Trump Insists on In-Person Voting for November Election

By  199 Comments

“Punctuating the White House task force briefing Friday, President Trump said adamantly that the general election would still take place Nov. 3, dismissing any suggestion of mail-in voting,” the Washington Post reports.

Said Trump: “I think a lot of people cheat with mail-in voting. People should vote with ID, voter ID, I think voter ID is very important. The reason they don’t want voter ID is because they intend to cheat.”

He added: “It shouldn’t be mail-in voting. It should be you go to booth and you proudly display yourself, you send it in the mail… all sorts of bad things can happen… by the time it gets in and is tabulated.”

“Trump did not provide any evidence to back up his assertion and immediately ended Friday’s news conference after discussing the topic.”

you can see the clip here:

Oh yeah.  I left something off of the PW summay:

Meanwhile, the Palm Beach Post reports that Trump himself has requested a vote-by-mail ballot for the Florida Republican presidential primary.

YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1