DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

1 hour ago, Marcos12 said:

How will we know if this is true? they  had very few tests results so far,  and  60k tests pending (apparently).

You can say the same for Washington and I have repeatedly said how pissed I am about their terrible job on testing. That said Washington thus far has flattened the curve even more so. Kinda pissed we extended order for a month but I get it. Better safe than sorry. Sorry being death

4 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

They have found a suspected case in the building next to ours. Couple hours ago loads of police came to the area. Then workers came and sprayed sanitizers all over the place. And now they have taken 8 people (with little bit of their belongings) in an ambulance to hospital. These people are presumably roommates of the suspected case. They are gonna test all of them and quarantine if found positive. They are also likely gonna seal the building with the people inside. Not sure if the suspected guy has already tested positive or not. They are also likely going to seal the road 

Its a small 2 story building with a mix of residential and small manufacturing units. These units usually have lots of poor daily wage workers crammed in small spaces and they live in the same place as well. 

3 more ambulances came and took many people living in the building for testing. But the security was lapse. We saw many people escape from the building to avoid getting quarantined. 

In more concerning news for us, our next door neighbor in our building died today. There were no rituals as there would have been but our neighbours quietly took his body at night in an ambulance. They even shut off the outside lights of our building for some reason while taking out the body. Their relatives claim that it was malaria that killed him but we also heard rumours that it was kidney failure or worse pneumonia. We are scared about what to do. We are thinking of contacting authorities tomorrow about it. But we are afraid that if we do and the authorities come they might seal off the whole building with us inside it or worse haul us all off to get tested like what happened in the building next to us. But if we do not contact them and the guy really died of Coronavirus then we risk it spreading in our building. Shit just got real for us. 

• Sad 13

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-records-lowest-number-of-new-covid-19-cases-in-a-week-but-advised-to-hold-our-line-1.5522122

B.C.'s provincial health officer announced 29 new coronavirus cases in the province on Saturday, bringing the total to 1,203.

That represents the lowest number of new cases announced this week, but Dr. Bonnie Henry advised the risk remains "very high for us in B.C."

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Most popular movie on IMDb last week (and #2 currently):

I was saying in another thread that the remake of The Stand  that was supposed to air on CBS All Access later this year might get delayed for a loooong time (presuming it ever got finished, as it was still filming in March).

But seeing things like that do make me wonder just how a 10 part The Stand miniseries is going to be received once it eventually sees the light of day.

Edited by Porthos
Tests Hospitalized In ICU On Ventilator  
Positive Negative Pending Currently Cumulative Currently Cumulative Currently Cumulative Recovered Deaths Total test results (Positive + Negative)
12,026 101,674 13,000 2,300 N/A 1,008 N/A N/A N/A N/A 276 113,700

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/NR20-043.aspx

Looks like that backlog is finally getting pushed through in California. Great sign with the new results being overwhelmingly negative. Hopefully it stays that way.

Edited by Inceptionzq
  • Like 4
26 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Wash your hands, wear a mask... burn the nearest 5G tower? :thinking:

I had 5G installed in my apartment last year. Those fuckers ain't gonna take that away from me.

• Like 1
Just now, Porthos said:

8bd

source.gif

(I promised myself not to overuse this gif during this current pandemic, but I think this fits for my rationed use for the past couple of weeks)

===

Also:

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

So an emergency Text message came out saying only people going for groceries or medicine should leave the house but i am still expected  to go to work Monday...

Um what lol

It made an exception for essential workers - have you been declared essential? If not, someone should report your workplace.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

God damn it, humanity... why are we so dumb?

That's been making the rounds in the QAnon sphere for a while.  Also getting some cross-promotion with the anti-vaxxers thanks to cross-contamination from Very Fine People like Ben Garrison (who is currently on a anti-Bill Gates kick*)

* Don't ask.  No, really... Do not ask. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1
7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

source.gif

(I promised myself not to overuse this gif during this current pandemic, but I think this fits for my rationed use for the past couple of weeks)

===

Also:

...why... why would he take it if he doesn’t have CV?

🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Plain Old Tele said:

...why... why would he take it if he doesn’t have CV?

🤦‍♂️

Trump saw what Bolsonaro and Duterte were doing, he doesn't want to lose the race for the title of 'Worst Covid Crisis Leader'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1