google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

You can keep posting about Biden and Sanders and Warren and Hillary and Trump The Candidate. And I can keep moving them to the 2020 Election Thread. So let’s just skip a step and post those comments there!!

captain america i can do this all day GIF

Thanks for moving them in the first place (mine happened to get xposted with your posts; I know better than to argue with mods. ;))

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Have they compared these statistics from United States to countries that have public healthcare? 

I imagine Some effect will tend to exist everywhere that:

Air quality differ in average between social class

public transport usage differ between social class

Continue to work with the public during the pandemy differ between social class

Obesity/Diabetes/higher tension/smoking level are difference (that special for the US for some demo, people get more obese the more rich they are versus of the usual inverse)

A lot of it occur before needing healthcare or not.

For example in China:

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-exposes-the-divide-between-chinas-rich-and-poor/a-52526369

For H1N1 the difference was giant versus a rich country like the USA and poorer south american one.

If the pundit-voice around the world talking about what we should do about the virus could change rapidly if:

- they were the one exposed to it

- If the people exposed to it, would decide to also social distance and would stop working.

Edited by Barnack

Nevada had a massive data dump with 22000 cases added. 45000 in the US for the day so far. Looks like deaths will cross 2000 for the first time.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Porthos said:

“Still, some officials have even begun mulling the type of event Trump may want to mark the day when nationwide restrictions are lifted after he suggested a ‘big celebration’ when the crisis is over…”

I can see that celebration happen before the crisis is over...

+45.849 confirmed cases today in the US per worldometers, and that figure will go up... woah:whosad:

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Nevada had a massive data dump with 22000 cases added. 45000 in the US for the day so far. Looks like deaths will cross 2000 for the first time.

That sound a lot considering that earlier today:

Nevada has now surpassed 2,000 COVID-19 cases, according to DHHS. The DHHS also reported 12 new deaths Monday night.

Edited by Barnack

covid tracking has reported for the day. 129k tests, worst in almost a week. 29k positives for a 22.5% rate, flat from yday

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

That Nevada figure is surely a typo. 

That's just insane if true. Unless they havent been reporting and now reported the catch up tally. 

2 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Nevada is an obvious data entry issue.

Yes:

https://app.powerbigov.us/view?r=eyJrIjoiMjA2ZThiOWUtM2FlNS00MGY5LWFmYjUtNmQwNTQ3Nzg5N2I2IiwidCI6ImU0YTM0MGU2LWI4OWUtNGU2OC04ZWFhLTE1NDRkMjcwMzk4MCJ9

The source they say they use, show 24,634 test performed it became people infected on worldmeter.

The number should be 2,318

Edited by Barnack

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

That Nevada figure is surely a typo. 

for sure. There are no articles anywhere about big jump in case counts in Nevada. That is more than total testing done 🙂

3 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Nevada is an obvious data entry issue.

It's Nevada. They obviously did a 4 way parlay with double or nothing rules involving the number of tests, the water level of the Hoover Dam, the temperature at 2pm and whether the wind will blow from North to South.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Getting lots of coverage on US news..except for Fox News of course....

I do not even watch the news in my country anymore / since a looooong time (I read them and Internationally, if access)), so no idea what the US news say

Exceptions are the links I find here and there, if the link even works 9mostly not, no matter if print nor TV, European laws demamd us getting to choose witch trackers, US usually take the simple way and block.)

According to the Telegraph, a worker in Wuhan said that there were 5,000 bodies waiting for cremation at just one crematorium. Families who lost loved ones to symptoms strongly suspected to be COVID-19 by doctors but were never tested, were not included in the death tally. And their families were prevented from speaking out. Over a thousand people were either detained, forced to disappear, or had to undergo an educational reprimand for simply researching the virus online. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Indeed.

Always weird to get a notification each time this thread from 2016 is quoted lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

That is one way to get better numbers. :thinking:

It worked in Sweden - look at the magnificent bend the increase in cases took after they stopped testing outside hospitals! Somehow, it didn't work on the numbers of deaths and critical cases as well but they're working on that I hope ...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

So take nevada and put average amount and thats like 25000 added. 

And look at that 

+25,965

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Edited by cdsacken

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

covid tracking has reported for the day. 129k tests, worst in almost a week. 29k positives for a 22.5% rate, flat from yday

That's got to be wrong, right?