DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

We can even call these visits to pharmacies and doctor offices "vaccine parties" if we bring multiple people at once. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Here’s an article about contact tracing. 

“A cruise ship docks and passengers spill out into a city. A celebrity couple is mobbed by fans and dignitaries eager to shake their hands. Well-to-do socialites arrive at a birthday party fresh from a ski trip in Aspen. A man steps off a plane and kisses his wife.”

https://www.smh.com.au/national/contact-tracing-how-disease-detectives-are-closing-in-on-covid-19-in-australia-20200410-p54itv.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

It’s not going to be weeks and weeks. More like until the end of April. Country needs to be open by May.

3 weeks from now is May 2. However, no indication we’ll be ready by then.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

It’s not going to be weeks and weeks. More like until the end of April. Country needs to be open by May.

16 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

3 weeks from now is May 2. However, no indication we’ll be ready by then.

LA County already extended the shelter-at-home order till mid-May. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

LA County already extended the shelter-at-home order till mid-May. 

Jfc.

Just unbelievable. There comes a point where a finite people will die from this virus. Stitt thinks May 8th. He’s a trump follower.

1 hour ago, Andreas said:

You're right, thank you!

I'm part german and I did understand that, but I guess I've missed it when I've read the article :)

OH, that happens to me also, I read e.g. 2 text / articles, start to coy/paste... and look explicit only for the numbers for the summaries, as I’d use e.g 2.12 (only an example) in a text and would not use ‘gute 2’ even in a text.

34 minutes ago, Noctis said:

...the one thing that's surprised me is that air-condition isn't as prevalent as I thought it would be in Europe.

AC is usually an energy waste, if choosing the right materials and architect/advisor e.g. for which kind of walls details and insulation, but also include roofs that help with shadow in summer and invite sun in winter (angles, how much its ~ looming over the walls), and so on you wont need one in a normal summer, even at my hot in summer for some weeks higher than flatland region.

Why would I buy, maintain an AC, and pay the energy, feel bad for nature,....if so simple avoidable?

And even helps to save lots of money in the long run, also for heating in winter (stoves, or.... included)

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm glad to say France definitely passed the peak: the number of daily deaths is decreasing on average, fewer people going into intensive cares. April 6 was the worst day with 605 deceased, today we got 353. In the end France never reached the level of pain Italy and Spain got, and the healthcare system held on very well as it never reached saturation

Tell that to those people over 80 in Alsace that didn't get a ventilator. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

It looks like Washington State and California are probably in the best position to start easing conditions first. 

New York has been so bad that they shouldn’t change the current conditions until confirmed cases are consistently under 5% of all tests. Preferably under 1%. Most other parts of the US seem to be trailing New York. 

It’s likely that at this point no more then 5% of the US population has contracted the novel coronavirus. 

Restrictions will ease but but many, such as maintaining physical distancing will remain in place until northern summer 2021. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Tell that to those people over 80 in Alsace that didn't get a ventilator. 

That's fake news as all the people who couldn't get a ventilator have been transfered to other regions that wasn't saturated, some even have been sent to Germany and Luxemburg. 

And it's gotten a lot of media attention as the military is involved in these transfers. 

Check your sources next time. 

Mine:

The French military has been actively engaged in health and logistical operations since the latest health crisis struck the country. The military’s health service have carried out three air rotations to evacuate patients from the hard-hit eastern region of France to areas less saturated with coronavirus patients. Besides the military field hospital in Mulhouse, the military has also done naval transfers of serious coronavirus cases from the French Mediterranean island of Corsica to the mainland.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200325-macron-launches-army-operation-resilience-to-support-fight-against-coronavirus

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Thank you again, and no, that is not what I am looking for, I seek dead per capita and not infected per capita, here in Germany we have that for per county as a map (numbers alway a day behind, but still good)

https://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/panorama/id_87574148/coronavirus-in-deutschland-diese-regionen-sind-am-staerksten-betroffen.html

If you pick a county on that map, you see the name, the sum, and the per capita for the infected, but not one word about how many died as a sum, nor how many died per capita nor the how many died per infected.

edit to squeeze in, in your link in the last segment they do name the dead, but its a bit behind, they say ‘oer today’, but its 2 days back or so

I also seek dead per infected

In the example I seek

1. how many died in Aschaffenburg (county, not city = Kreis aka Landkreis) per 100000 (I am not even interested in how many died as a sum there), and

2. how many died per infected, like 1 out of 33, or 1 out of 40, or...

Its even difficult to find something without doing the research and maths,... to find something like that for provinces/states, let alone for per county/district.

There you go:

https://interaktiv.tagesspiegel.de/lab/karte-sars-cov-2-in-deutschland-landkreise/

Kreis Aschaffenburg:

339 cases.

5,3% died

10.3/100k died

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FilmBuff said:

if it goes into May, we need another 1200 check

Just now, Ryan Reynolds said:

if it goes into May, we need another 1200 check

You guys can't be serious, countries like Italy and France, which started their lockdowns before the US and in a much more efficient and coordinated manner, will start to reopen between April 30 and May 13... you guys won't be ready by late April and will risk a brutal second wave if you do so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FilmBuff said:

That's not how this works.

• Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

Anyway,

I wanted to say that talking with you these last few days were far more pleasant than a few weeks ago. The passions and fears noticeably calmed down and it improved the quality of the debate. 

I won't go further as I need to ignore news in order to avoid anxiety attacks (yes, it's real and painful, I don't want this to be back after fighting it for months), I'm just glad our talks will end in a respectful way. 

Have a nice Easter Weekend 🙂

• Like 3

I don't think there will be a major second wave this summer as temperature definitely seems to be a factor in the spread but fall/winter can be brutal if they haven't yet found a readily-available cure/vaccine by then.

• Like 1

May’s in Oklahoma can get down right brutal. 35-37 Celsius. Virus will taper off by then in this heat.

22 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I won't go further as I need to ignore news in order to avoid anxiety attacks (yes, it's real and painful, I don't want this to be back after fighting it for months), I'm just glad our talks will end in a respectful way. 

Ignoring news explains why you still think that Macron is doing a great job. It isn't unlike the ~45% who approve of Trump's handling of the covid crisis.

35 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

You guys can't be serious, countries like Italy and France, which started their lockdowns before the US and in a much more efficient and coordinated manner, will start to reopen between April 30 and May 13... you guys won't be ready by late April and will risk a brutal second wave if you do so. 

The exact same thing will happen to France and Italy if they "reopen" significantly any time soon. At the very least they need to have 'New Cases' in the hundreds rather the thousands (and with a lot more testing in the case of France).

Edit: Italy has already announced that the lockdown will continue until at least May 3.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

That's fake news as all the people who couldn't get a ventilator have been transfered to other regions that wasn't saturated, some even have been sent to Germany and Luxemburg. 

And it's gotten a lot of media attention as the military is involved in these transfers. 

Check your sources next time. 

Mine:

The French military has been actively engaged in health and logistical operations since the latest health crisis struck the country. The military’s health service have carried out three air rotations to evacuate patients from the hard-hit eastern region of France to areas less saturated with coronavirus patients. Besides the military field hospital in Mulhouse, the military has also done naval transfers of serious coronavirus cases from the French Mediterranean island of Corsica to the mainland.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200325-macron-launches-army-operation-resilience-to-support-fight-against-coronavirus

My source is Brigitte Klinkert, President of the french department Haut-Rhin. I guess she would know.

Late in march, she told newspaper "Die Welt" that the hospital in Straßbourg used triage for about two weeks because of a lack of ventilators:

https://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/plus206815855/Corona-in-Frankreich-Den-aeltesten-Patienten-helfen-sie-nur-noch-beim-Sterben.html?wtrid=onsite.onsitesearch (Paied article)

A free article quoting them:

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/wissen/niemand-ist-auf-diesen-tsunami-vorbereitet-verwirrung-um-triage-verfahren-an-universitaets-klinik-in-strassburg/25689158.html

• Like 1