google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

52 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Trump has got you all, hook line and sinker. He LOVES the attention, good and bad, and you're giving it to him.

Sorry, but just ignoring a POTUS who wants to be a dictator just does not work.

Move over, De Santis;You are no longer the worst GOP governor in the country as far as the virus goes

.https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/south-dakotas-governor-resisted-ordering-people-to-stay-home-now-it-has-one-of-the-nations-largest-coronavirus-hot-spots/ar-BB12zTcc

South Dakota is so screwed.

It already forced the shutdown of one of the biggest pork processing plants in the US,so expect more food shortages at your local grocery.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

(Jerry Brown could still be president of Cascadia, you know :ph34r:)

Pro Wrestling Deemed ‘Essential’ In Florida

By  231 Comments

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) declared professional wrestling among the essential businesses like grocery stores and pharmacies that can stay open despite coronavirus-related restrictions statewide, the Miami Herald reports.

x8FDaj8.gif

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 9
  • ...wtf 2

The early pages of this thread are a pretty trippy journey btw. It really wasn’t clear that we were going to get slammed globally until the last 10 days of February, and then only to a small group.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

The early pages of this thread are a pretty trippy journey btw. It really wasn’t clear that we were going to get slammed globally until the last 10 days of February, and then only to a small group.

TBH I didn't really consider how bad it was going to get until the NBA canceled the season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

TBH I didn't really consider how bad it was going to get until the NBA canceled the season.

People are afraid to admit it, but Rudy Gobert has saved more American lives than anyone in history.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Porthos said:

x8FDaj8.gif

Of course DeShitis would say this.

29 minutes ago, Porthos said:

x8FDaj8.gif

Vince is in so much trouble. He definitely got his good friend Trump to say he could continue taping live TV.

Don't know if it's been mentioned here yet but the Democrats won that supreme court seat in Wisconsin.

Definitely a deserved failure from the Republicans after all the bullshit they attempted.

• Like 6

I’m having a wander around the main shopping centre in town. The shutdown here says certain places can’t open or just do takeaway such as pubs, clubs restaurants, cafes, gyms, movie theatres etc. 

Probably about 70% of stores are closed even though they could stay open. Going back to the earlier discussion all 6 of the hairdressers/barbers I’ve passed are open.  The book stores, JB Hi Fi, David Jones department store, Rebel Sport, Anaconda outdoor/camping, the surf clothing stores are all open. It’s very quiet although it’s almost 4pm now. 

40 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

People are afraid to admit it, but Rudy Gobert has saved more American lives than anyone in history.

Tom Hanks

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

1 minute ago, Cap said:

Tom Hanks

Aight, gonna go for the throat here.   

Stanislav Petrov 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Confirmation:

:( :( :(

News is apparently a couple of days old, but I missed it over the weekend. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 8

In good news,  

this is the best sound/thing I have heard in two months. Was super worried about him, but that power. 🥰 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I thought this would be devastating before it was cool. 😎

18 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I thought this was an interesting (and hopeful) look at how Kerala is fighting the virus. @grim22 @charlie Jatinder @ZeeSoh @Madhuvan I’d love to get your thoughts on it.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/04/13/999313/kerala-fight-covid-19-india-coronavirus/

While Kerala is part of India, it doesn't behave like rest of India. 

In Kerala government cares and people support them. This strategy will fail in most places in India. People are literally beating cops and healthcare workers. They are spitting on them,escaping from quarantine and what not. 

• Sad 3