google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

I think that pretty much what they are talking about, if you have  -200 in your account and that there is an 1200 deposit in it, the account could legally be at $1000, instead of creating a different account to put the $1200 and keep your current account at -$200 or create a different account than your current account to put your debt in it (I am not sure how you can simply get around that problem).

The situation of refusing to make the payment in the account to not have it eaten by the debt and sending it by a check instead could make thing worst, i.e. many people with a small negative balance would prefer having the transfert than waiting 5 week for the check, creating a second account to put the check in, maybe having to do stuff in person, pay fee anyway.

It is not like someone that has a -$1200 check account put back to $0 didn't just receive a nice help (he obviously can spend $1200 and be like he just was at -$1200, I am not certain what difference it make exactly), i.e. I am not sure I understand the issue, the person can still spend $1200 more than he could before receiving that amount pretty much regardless of the situation.

Well if you have a negative balance with your checking account that means you owe the bank money simple as that.

Any funds that go in there belong to the bank.

I know that sounds heartless or capitalism sucks but frankly that's how a bank account works

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

“What are those headlights heading for us?”

”Quick, start walking.  It’s the cops. We can’t be caught sitting down and eating.”

Lmao place by the water is deserted.

Fried egg bacon cheeseburger. 

1 hour ago, doublejack said:

This is going to impact movie theaters for a long time. Box Office is going to be negligible for the rest of 2020, IMO.

Conventions should be canceled until there's a vaccine.

Movie theaters are tough. While there are distancing options that can be used inside the theater (enforced spacing of seats, limited concessions, etc.) the lines that a big film can generate for people waiting to get in are a problem that is more difficult to mitigate. It really only takes one asymptomatic to ruin it.

Hopefully they can figure that out. If so, we could see them re-open before the vaccine. But I'm going to be very cautious about going to movies before then. Looking at very off-peak times and such.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ElsaRoc said:

Conventions should be canceled until there's a vaccine.

Movie theaters are tough. While there are distancing options that can be used inside the theater (enforced spacing of seats, limited concessions, etc.) the lines that a big film can generate for people waiting to get in are a problem that is more difficult to mitigate. It really only takes one asymptomatic to ruin it.

Hopefully they can figure that out. If so, we could see them re-open before the vaccine. But I'm going to be very cautious about going to movies before then. Looking at very off-peak times and such.

Ban walk up sales and have all seating allocated. Tickets are all on your phone with no paperwork. Only people allowed to enter theatre complex are those attending a screening that starts in the next 30 minutes. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Ban walk up sales and have all seating allocated. Tickets are all on your phone with no paperwork. Only people allowed to enter theatre complex are those attending a screening that starts in the next 30 minutes. 

That would probably work. Granted, they can only sell ⅓-½ the tix in order to maintain seating distance. 

I mean, let’s face it, it certainly sounds like theaters won’t be open before Halloween. In California at least. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I mean, let’s face it, it certainly sounds like theaters won’t be open before Halloween. In California at least. 

You also have what happened in China, where even after theaters reopened cusotmers stayed away.

Few People are  going to do something they think they will put their lives at risk for the  sake of a freaking movie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

First date night in forever. 

Pickup from a burger joint and doing picnic like dinner in isolated place. 

Yeah, I need one of these...I thought about a picnic, too...but I have a townhome backyard and hadn't figured out a better picnic spot yet (I mean, hitting the mall parking lot and putting the minivan seats down to sit in the back just seems really lame:)...

Hope it was fun!:)

PS - My spouse and I do a weekly game night with friends online, so we are spending fun time together, but there's something about date night that's a little better than friend night:)...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

The negative f**ks refusal to see anything but negative crap is quite amusing. Makes me wonder how you all make it through each day.

Seems to me it was false optimism and a "well, the virus is just like the flu" attitudes that got us into this huge mess.

Yeah, some people are little bit too doomsday here, but I think what you care "negative" most of us call "realistic".

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

That’s going to be the issue for everywhere else. Hollywood won’t open new films if they can’t open them in Hollywood.  Given the trajectory across Australia/NZ we could easily reopen cinemas with restricted seating by the end of May.  

• Like 1

On the testing point...I have a 44 year old male fit friend in VA who broke his ankle running last week.  He went to urgent care and got it fixed.

4 days later, he runs 101-104 fever for over 48 hours even with meds, has chills, aches and pains.  I tell him to go get tested.  He tries...and gets turned down today by the docs b/c he's not in a "risk factor enough" category, nor did he have "enough" vectors of getting the virus to get tested.  So, he's at home, self-medicating and feeling like garbage, but thankfully, not yet getting worse (but Easter weekend was bad, which he let me know Monday, when I went all "female friend naggy" on him to see a doc, b/c what else was he catching right now).  The only good news - he was essential and working in person (another risk vector, but what do I know) - and now he's not.  His work decided that yeah, he could stay home 2 weeks or more til he's better...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

Anyone else getting cabin fever? This shit is not good for mental health. 

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yeah, I need one of these...I thought about a picnic, too...but I have a townhome backyard and hadn't figured out a better picnic spot yet (I mean, hitting the mall parking lot and putting the minivan seats down to sit in the back just seems really lame:)...

Hope it was fun!:)

PS - My spouse and I do a weekly game night with friends online, so we are spending fun time together, but there's something about date night that's a little better than friend night:)...

Washington people are so dumb about social distancing because of weather. We ending driving to a very out dock. Watching the seals, listening to NPR, and drinking wine lol

• Like 1

Just now, ACSlater said:

Uh, in most places you can go out for a walk and exercise as long as you keep your distance from  other people.

I think we are all getting cabin fever;but it's better then the alternatives...

• Like 1

Trump defunds the WHO.

Yes, the WHO made some mistakes, but this is just out of spite.

And it will further isolate America and make it a pariah nation.

Problem is most of Donnie's supporters don't care, don't see how this crap hurts America a lot in the long run.

Most of them are totally ignorant of and don't care about the world outside the US,or probably the world outside their freaking Red State.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

2 in my house - they drive the other 4 of us nuts (I spend my days keeping those 2 sane, so the other 3 stay happy, b/c they are easy...and 1 of those nutty people is my spouse:)...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Uh, in most places you can go out for a walk and exercise as long as you keep your distance from  other people.

I think we are all getting cabin fever;but it's better then the alternatives...

Yea I go out for runs but its barely helping at this point. 

This shit just needs to be over and football to be back. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Yea I go out for runs but its barely helping at this point. 

This shit just needs to be over and football to be back. 

Neither is going to happen for quite a while.

hell, I am looking at my favorite team..The 49ers...not being able to play home games this season.

I love how people shit on hospitals being bored and slow. Some systems are down 200-300 million in operating margin over a couple months.