google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Just now, cdsacken said:

Dont be a like Trump. Don't be a dick

I’m just tired of this social distancing bullshite. This crap has gotten beyond irritating. If it makes me more of an arse-hole, we’ll you know why.

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 5

Just now, FilmBuff said:

I’m just tired of this social distancing bullshite. This crap has gotten beyond irritating. If it makes me more of an arse-hole, we’ll you know why.

Dude I agree I'm just playing. It sucks big time but it's not going away any time soon. I find out my new employer gave me full 20 days of vacation. I can't use them! Dammit!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I mean, let’s face it, it certainly sounds like theaters won’t be open before Halloween. In California at least. 

I suspect studios won't be making any additional delays until June 1 considering the summer movie season is now not set to begin until July 17 (Tenet, if it stays there). It's probably safe to say there won't be any big movie premieres with hundreds of fans excited for star sightings for the rest of the year though. And the Emmys are sure to be delayed to November like they were after 9/11 and will be a relatively small-ish gathering of just the actual nominees (the ones who live in LA, at least).

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Some studies claim we have to stay shut down until 2022. Not happening. Not feasible 

Good luck with that.

38 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yeah, I need one of these...I thought about a picnic, too...but I have a townhome backyard and hadn't figured out a better picnic spot yet (I mean, hitting the mall parking lot and putting the minivan seats down to sit in the back just seems really lame:)...

Hope it was fun!:)

PS - My spouse and I do a weekly game night with friends online, so we are spending fun time together, but there's something about date night that's a little better than friend night:)...

That's a great idea setting one up myself. Thanks for the idea! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Dude I agree I'm just playing. It sucks big time but it's not going away any time soon. I find out my new employer gave me full 20 days of vacation. I can't use them! Dammit!

Yea it's the same with my entire staff who are working from home. No PTO has been used since this started nor is it being requested. I can just imagine when the rules are relaxed and everyone wants to be off at the same time. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Some studies claim we have to stay shut down until 2022. Not happening. Not feasible 

Lmao I will leave America if this continues past the summer. Done it twice already.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

It is the only effective way we have to stop the spread of the disease and save lives. I am so sorry if that “bullshit” Is boring you. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Note

Twitter is a great outlet. Not here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cap said:

It is the only effective way we have to stop the spread of the disease and save lives. I am so sorry if that “bullshit” Is boring you. 

Actually, this might end up being a ‘great thing’ for me. My wife and I are both essential workers, so we’re not having to stay at home. $2400 richer, and one step closer to having my student loans absolved being a med lab tech. If it gets my 40k student loan debt forgiven, we can be in ‘social distancing’ a few weeks longer.

It’s just dang boring.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I’m just tired of this social distancing bullshite. This crap has gotten beyond irritating.

It’s sure better than the alternative. 

• Like 7

This is great. Read everything before commenting. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Actually, this might end up being a ‘great thing’ for me. My wife and I are both essential workers, so we’re not having to stay at home. $2400 richer, and one step closer to having my student loans absolved being a med lab tech. If it gets my 40k student loan debt forgiven, we can be in ‘social distancing’ a few weeks longer.

It’s just dang boring.

You're really lucky this disaster is just boring to you. I'm about to graduate in a month and am very nervous over how the job market is turning out, while the gym my Mom works at might not even open again. So yeah, sorry if I, and other people, are acting like Negative Nancies over this.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

It’s just dang boring.

I mean, would you rather be bored, or would you rather our hospitals be overwhelmingly flooded to the point where they would have to do the unimaginable: decide which patients are worth saving and which aren't? Think about it.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Cap said:

It's totally understandable for people to be upset. Think about couples that don't like each other yikes! 

Oddly enough best my marriage has been in 12 years. I think my wife wanted to kill me initially, understandably, all good since.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Yeah if this lasts till 2022, i expect a economic depression and mass societal upheaval. 

My point is that not only will have to deal with the disease but the after effects will be very bad as well. 

35 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

It’s just dang boring.

Some people don't have roofs to live under. Some don't have food to eat. Some people are dying from Coronavirus.

You're bored?

Cool story bro.

Edited by OncomingStorm93
  • Like 9
  • Not Cool 1

14 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

You're really lucky this disaster is just boring to you. I'm about to graduate in a month and am very nervous over how the job market is turning out, while the gym my Mom works at might not even open again. So yeah, sorry if I, and other people, are acting like Negative Nancies over this.

Not great timing but I graduated right during the 2008 downturn in finance! Everything turned out ok. Keep your head down and be patient. My sister lost her job after 15 years, marketing is a dumpster fire. She's going back to school to get her mba. She'll get a better job eventually. I'll make sure she's ok until then.

• Like 1