google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Well I would say the biggest issue i am having is that i cant meet my fiancee that i am marrying in Oct because she has roommates and I have an immune compromised mother at home.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Trump defunds the WHO.

Yes, the WHO made some mistakes, but this is just out of spite.

And it will further isolate America and make it a pariah nation.

Problem is most of Donnie's supporters don't care, don't see how this crap hurts America a lot in the long run.

Most of them are totally ignorant of and don't care about the world outside the US,or probably the world outside their freaking Red State.

Ugh fuck America

38 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I mean, would you rather be bored, or would you rather our hospitals be overwhelmingly flooded to the point where they would have to do the unimaginable: decide which patients are worth saving and which aren't? Think about it.

I don't think you want their answer to that...

Trump Will Declare Parts of Country Open on May 1

By  184 Comments

“President Trump has all but decided to begin declaring the country ready to get back to business on May 1, but a scramble is underway inside the White House to determine how to stagger a reopening of the economy amid the novel coronavirus pandemic while also protecting Trump from any political fallout,” the Washington Post reports..

“Impatient with the economic devastation wrought by social distancing and other mitigation measures — and fearful of the potential damage to his reelection chances — Trump has been adamant in private discussions with advisers about reopening the country next month.”

giphy.gif

I think this accurately describes my feelings on the matter.  In more than one way. :ph34r:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I think this accurately describes my feelings on the matter.  In more than one way. :ph34r:

There's nothing new in that "article". It's just fluff based on things we already know or can assume.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Porthos said:

giphy.gif

New Surplus Population Memes | Decrease Memes

26 minutes ago, Porthos said:

giphy.gif

As I said, knew it was gonna happen.

I bought a hair trimmer, shaving my head tomorrow. Nervous!

Just now, Eric Atreides said:

This motherfucker really wants us dead.

He'll just blame all the deaths on the media and of course his cult-like supporters will lap that shit up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

There's nothing new in that "article". It's just fluff based on things we already know or can assume.

This WaPo article any better for you?

CDC and FEMA Have Plan to Reopen Country

By  38 Comments

“A team of government officials — led by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — has created a public health strategy to combat the novel coronavirus and reopen parts of the country,” the Washington Post reports.

Their strategy is part of a larger White House effort to draft a national plan to get Americans out of their homes and back to work. It gives guidance to state and local governments on how they can ease mitigation efforts, moving from drastic restrictions such as stay-at-home orders in a phased way to support a safe reopening.”

Said document is in the link for "their strategy".

Pretty obvious to me that the train is attempting to leave the station here with these pair of articles in WaPo and elsewhere.  We'll see what happens in the coming days if it actually does leave the station (and doesn't derail shortly thereafter).

• Like 3

I am literally shaking/gonna throw up at at the idea of things "opening up" on May 1st.  

giphy.gif

I just...

The federal government's killing so, so, many people.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, FilmBuff said:

Actually, this might end up being a ‘great thing’ for me. My wife and I are both essential workers, so we’re not having to stay at home. $2400 richer, and one step closer to having my student loans absolved being a med lab tech. If it gets my 40k student loan debt forgiven, we can be in ‘social distancing’ a few weeks longer.

It’s just dang boring.

So better people die then you be bored?

Sorry, but you are coming off as a Saturday Night Live satire on a self centered Millinial.

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

New Surplus Population Memes | Decrease Memes

Except, of course, For "Patton" his "Christmas Carol" was George C Scott's best performance, and is tied with the  Alastair Sim version as being the best of the many,many, films of the Dickens classic.

8 minutes ago, Cap said:

I am literally shaking/gonna throw up at at the idea of things "opening up" on May 1st.  

giphy.gif

I just...

Luckily that will only happen in the states where the Governor's are stupid enough to follow Trump's orders.

12 minutes ago, Cap said:

giphy.gif

I just...

Be fair Cap, what's the worst that can happen.

*gets reminded to the poultry pork processing plant in SD that had to shut down due to workers getting COVID*

Oh, yeah.  That.

Carry on with the log ripping then. 

(apologies for the gallows humor, but that's one of my coping measures. :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos

53 minutes ago, Porthos said:

giphy.gif

I speak Trump.  I'll interpret.

Trump will wait until the states decide what to do.  Then he'll announce it at his rally  press conference.  Weeks later he'll take credit for the states that did it correct and blame the states have have spikes.

A lot like how he banned flights AFTER the 3 top american airlines canceled the routes.

• Like 3

Just now, Porthos said:

Be fair Cap, what's the worst that can happen.

*gets reminded to the poultry processing plant in SD that had to shut down*

Oh, yeah.  That.

Carry on with the log ripping then. 

(apologies for the gallows humor, but that's one of my coping measures. :ph34r:)

Actually it's Pork Processing plant in SD...

Just now, AndyLL said:

I speak Trump.  I'll interpret.

Trump will wait until the states decide what to do.  Then he'll announce it at his rally  press conference.  Weeks later he'll take credit for the states that did it correct and blame the states have have spikes.

A lot like how he banned flights AFTER the 3 top american airlines canceled the routes.

I don't know. I think he really is gung ho on reopening the country in an attempt to get the economy rolling by November.

Most economists are saying that is not going to work, but Donnie must be getting desperate.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Actually it's Pork Processing plant in SD...

Fixed.

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

So better people die then you be bored?

Sorry, but you are coming off as a Saturday Night Live satire on a self centered Millinial.

But what about... the ZOOOOMERS

“I think people haven’t understood that this isn’t about the next couple of weeks,” said Michael Osterholm, an infectious-disease epidemiologist at the University of Minnesota. “This is about the next two years.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/04/pandemic-summer-coronavirus-reopening-back-normal/609940/

• Like 4