DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Spain: 2,002 cases, 47 deaths (all of them with previous pathologies and old aged).

Madrid region concentrates half of the impact, where there already are over 1,000 cases and most of deaths (31 out 47). Most of new cases are located there, although there are another 2 concerning regions. Since today, schools and universities are closed in Madrid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, john2000 said:

ps i like how the media arent saying  that italy cases, decreased by 700, i guess this is not making good headlines

ps  or they are saying that it had 977, but dont show the comparison with the previous day

Lombardy, where there are more cases, had a problem with the systems and did not give the correct data.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, john2000 said:

ps i like how the media arent saying  that italy cases, decreased by 700, i guess this is not making good headlines

ps  or they are saying that it had 977, but dont show the comparison with the previous day

B/c they probably didn't...they just became too overwhelmed to test and report in certain areas...

alert.png 977 new cases and 168 new deaths in Italy*, bringing total cases to over 10,000 [source]
* The data are partial because some labs in the most affected regions have yet to communicate the results

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

B/c they probably didn't...they just became too overwhelmed to test and report in certain areas...

alert.png 977 new cases and 168 new deaths in Italy*, bringing total cases to over 10,000 [source]
* The data are partial because some labs in the most affected regions have yet to communicate the results

still point stand, the media focus only on the bad news, , media has milk this situation with countless articles that are worhtless and spread panic, they use the virus, to have attention,give misformation, and have many clicks, however i shouldnt be surpise this is what media does anyways

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1
45 minutes ago, john2000 said:

still point stand, the media focus only on the bad news, , media has milk this situation with countless articles that are worhtless and spread panic, they use the virus, to have attention,give misformation, and have many clicks, however i shouldnt be surpise this is what media does anyways

Yeah I gotta Agree with the lack of testing. Italy is overwhelmed right now. USA can't enough and isn't the diaster that Italy already is. 

I'm confused as to what's wrong with people panicking. More harm is gonna be done by the people downplaying or denying this thing than the people panicking. At least people will try to not spread the virus as much when they panic and take more precautions than people who are living their lives as if nothing is happening.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 2
16 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm confused as to what's wrong with people panicking. More harm is gonna be done by the people downplaying or denying this thing than the people panicking. At least people will try to not spread the virus as much when they panic and take more precautions than people who are living their lives as if nothing is happening.

you can try to not spread it if you have it and be cautious ,without panicking, panick never helps, there is a difference between panick and be responsible, be responsible will help, be panicking it wont, , and we dont need panick right now, what we do need, is people be cautious ,wahs their hands etc

ps balance is important, do not downplay the virus, but dont stay awake in the night for it  either, whats worse is up for a debate, what is best is known however, everyone has their own way to deal with it though, in any case, i think that media while do very good, they also do very bad, they are askong all the time the same question, that are not thoughtfull enough just to take clicks, people start listening to media more than what experts says too, media never made any situation better, with that way

ps however the good side, is that media gives updates( wherether they are fake or true thats up for debate) , and remind people the measure that they should take, after that, they are milking it like a cow, thats just my opinion though, everyone has their own way to looking at this situation

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, john2000 said:

How do you think the media should be handling this instead?

EDIT: Let me read your post above, I didn't see that.

Edited by OncomingStorm93
21 minutes ago, john2000 said:

you can try to not spread it if you have it and be cautious ,without panicking, panick never helps, there is a difference between panick and be responsible, be responsible will help, be panicking it wont, , and we dont need panick right now, what we do need, is people be cautious ,wahs their hands etc

ps balance is important, do not downplay the virus, but dont stay awake in the night for it  either, whats worse is up for a debate, what is best is known however, everyone has their own way to deal with it though, in any case, i think that media while do very good, they also do very bad, they are askong all the time the same question, that are not thoughtfull enough just to take clicks, people start listening to media more than what experts says too, media never made any situation better, with that way

ps however the good side, is that media gives updates( wherether they are fake or true thats up for debate) , and remind people the measure that they should take, after that, they are milking it like a cow, thats just my opinion though, everyone has their own way to looking at this situation

How's people panicking going to affect you though. There's no harm being done to others from people panicking. There is harm being done by people who don't even care about the virus.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1
1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

How's people panicking going to affect you though. There's no harm being done to others from people panicking. There is harm being done by people who don't even care about the virus.

i just said that both of those things are bad, nothing more nothing less, i didnt say that it will affect me pesonally and i agree that its better  to be panicking, that dont care at all

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

How do you think the media should be handling this instead?

EDIT: Let me read your post above, I didn't see that.

if by any chance i didnt express something in  a good way, let me know, so i can explain it better , bc maybe i didnt made my point clear

Edited by john2000

in somewhat more hopefull news, it seems that the warm weather , could help the situation, how much or if at all, remains to be seen, but from the moment that there are good arguements  about this from experts, its a least something hopefull

Edited by john2000

The media is not the enemy. Coronavirus is the enemy. If you don't like how certain medias are covering the situation, then ignore it.

The fact of the matter is, there are still people not taking this seriously. I would hate to think what would happen if the media took this less seriously. I believe more people would disregard this as a result.

There's an old soccer saying. Well, I don't know if it's old, or from soccer, but it's something my dad always told me: If you need to tie a game to win a series, don't aim to tie, aim to win. If you try to win but end up with the tie, you still win. If you aim to tie because that's what you need, and end up losing because of the reduced effort, well, you lose.

Don't aim to tie. Aim to win. Don't accept or encourage reduced effort. If media over reacting gets people to wake up, that's what matters. It's also fair to say that there's certain political media outlets that have been under-selling Coronavirus, or attempting to distract people from the government's failure to respond to the situation.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I agree - if you have to pick an extreme reaction, I'd rather people pick panic.

Although, in the best world, staying calm, rational, and focused on the problem would be ideal...but folks are emotional, so that's a tough ask for many.

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I agree - if you have to pick an extreme reaction, I'd rather people pick panic.

Although, in the best world, staying calm, rational, and focused on the problem would be ideal...but folks are emotional, so that's a tough ask for many.

thats what i am saying

• Like 1