DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

5 minutes ago, doublejack said:

That's insanity. What's the excuse for that?

I'd rather not go into details for his explanation. He's a GOP economist full of crap and his rationales are delusional. We would be testing for the rest of our life, we have to return to normal blah blah.

BTW this is a mandatory call, I'm not doing this for fun. Venting is the only thing keeping me from interrupting and performing a huge CLM (Career Limiting Move)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Theaters opening back up in Georgia on 4/27!

Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and a handful of random states will start to open in 7 days.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

What do they think they are showing? 

Georgia wants to open hairdressers, gyms and sit down restaurants. So basically the protestors are saying "no, I don't want to go back to work, but I want to watch a movie, go to the gym and eat at a restaurant".

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

This Kemp fellow really wants us dead

• Sad 1

Thanks Governor Kemp. 

26 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

I'll take a stab at the film they'll be playing

GIF by The Expendables 3

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

28 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Yay!!! You can pick 1 of the 12 showings of The Way Back!!!

29 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

I'm sure they'll love showing zero movies (cause nothing's coming out until July) and getting zero customers.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Georgia wants to open hairdressers, gyms and sit down restaurants. So basically the protestors are saying "no, I don't want to go back to work, but I want to watch a movie, go to the gym and eat at a restaurant".

DeWine is doing the same thing here in Ohio next month. (But with limited capacity in theaters.)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and a handful of random states will start to open in 7 days.

Did they even do a shutdown?

Chair of the UK Health committee, sounds like they are talking about going for eradication.

Well that would be a 180.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Did they even do a shutdown?

Not sure. Btw that dumpster fire call is over. The economist works directly with Trump. Not gonna name them 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Spoiler

71NRvc3VF2L._AC_SY679_.jpg

• Like 2

Georgia does feel like an insulating process. If this backfires in a big way, Kemp will take the heat instead of Trump. Trump will, but not as much as he would if he ordered it.

If not for this being an election year, I doubt this becomes so polarized. And even now, if Trump showed some leadership ability instead of flailing around, it would still not be as bad.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, grim22 said:

The US really needs to do something about people being able to openly carry these guns while still concealing their identity

Why the hell a normal person need that heavy weapon for? :wintf:

US laws make absolutely no sense to me 

And those people come home and accuse others of being terrorist. Do they even look at themselves? 

Edited by bladels
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2020 at 3:08 AM, a2k said:

India, new cases last 10 days:

1581 Sun - today

1370 Sat

758 Sun

854 Sat

India, new cases last 10 days:

1235 - today

1580 Sun

1370 Sat

758 Sun

854 Sat

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

I never thought I'd ever see negative oil prices in my life, even in just 1 country! It's absolutely fascinating!

Now the question is...will US shale oil recover? US shale drilling was a loss-making sector already after all.

11 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I never thought I'd ever see negative oil prices in my life, even in just 1 country! It's absolutely fascinating!

Now the question is...will US shale oil recover? US shale drilling was a loss-making sector already after all.

Not for a long time. Oil prices were already artificially low because of the dispute between Russia and Saudi Arabia. They were both pumping as much as they could in an attempt to financially harm the other. The US shale oil industry was, conveniently, a third party casualty. Now that demand has taken a nose dive off a cliff, it is going to be a very long time before the shale oil industry bounces back.

Like you said, the US shale drilling was already in the red. They really need the barrel price to be in the 60-80 range to reach break even in most cases, so they have been losing a lot of money and contracts for the next several months are way below the profit line. I expect a lot of wells to be shut-in.

• Like 2