DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Hungary:

13 cases total

0 deaths

State of emergency from tomorrow

Ban on arrivals from China/SK/Iran/Italy (except Hungarian citizens - they will be quaranteened inmediately)

Universities closed

Indoor events over 100 & outdoor events over 500 participants banned

I hope we will be able to stop the spread at least locally. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cynosure said:

Most of them are old. The average death age in Italy is 81. 90% of people who died in Italy yesterday were over 70, 60% over 80 (and zero below 50). It's never pleasant to lose a loved one, but losing the elderly whether it's the coronavirus, a heart failure, cancer, or something else is the circle of life. 

This is disgusting.

• Thanks 1

America is doomed. Trump fucked you all very badly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Frankly I dont think we in Canada or America are anywhere near mentally to take the steps that are taking places in other countries. 

I think Canada is better off then  the US;at you have a government that is taking the problem seriously we have a national leader who is trying to ignore it as much as possible.

"We said that Lombardy's data was partial and today we have numbers that make the data appear as a large number, but in reality today's growth is in the trend of the past few days". So the
Commissioner Angelo Borrelli at the Civil Protection press conference underlining that there are about 600 patients whose data were not available yesterday.

skyitalia

17 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Hungary:

13 cases total

0 deaths

State of emergency from tomorrow

Ban on arrivals from China/SK/Iran/Italy (except Hungarian citizens - they will be quaranteened inmediately)

Universities closed

Indoor events over 100 & outdoor events over 500 participants banned

I hope we will be able to stop the spread at least locally. Fingers crossed.

13 confirmed cases leading to such aggressive measures is a great example for the world.   

Weird list of arrival ban countries though, US is more banworthy than China or SK at this point.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Ok fuck. Not good numbers 

And in the US they are just going to get worse.

That is the downside with testing;the more you test the more cases you will find increasing the panic.

I think the time for being all unicorns and rainbows about this is over.

A lot of the people here are young, and they have never seen a crisis like this, and how it will impact their lives,and I guess denial is the natural reaction. But it's time to move beyond that.

Edited by dudalb

They need to fucking stop holding back tests and create more kits. Pardon my French but this is so maddening.

I would say its a bit morbid to say "its just boomers getting killed"

Just because a person is 60 does not mean they can be discarded. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

unknown.png

:hahaha: 

I have to admit - though its NO laughing case at all - that this is a funny headline.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

True, it is disgusting.

Also, some younger persons may not die but need hospitalization and suffer life-changing injuries.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I'm not discarding them. My parents are boomers. I would be very sad to see them die. I would also be very sad to see them die of heart failure, whatever type of cancer, the flu, or God knows what else. The coronavirus is just another illness to add to the list. On the other hand a disease killing the youth would be much more dramatic in that they are virtually unaffected by other common illnesses, or when they are they don't die. With aging the likelihood of death increases and it's just something we have to accept. 

Just now, Cynosure said:

I'm not discarding them. My parents are boomers. I would be very sad to see them die. I would also be very sad to see them die of heart failure, whatever type of cancer, the flu, or God knows what else. The coronavirus is just another illness to add to the list. On the other hand a disease killing the youth would be much more dramatic in that they are virtually unaffected by other common illnesses, or when they are they don't die. With aging the likelihood of death increases and it's just something we have to accept. 

We dont have to accept thousands of people dying when it could be/could have been prevented.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

We dont have to accept thousands of people dying when it could be/could have been prevented.

Humans can't control everything. There have been epidemics since the dawn of humanity and there will continue to be. 

It's actually a good opportunity for some modesty and introspection. 

Edited by Cynosure

1 minute ago, Cynosure said:

Humans can't control everything. There have been epidemics since the dawn of humanity and there will continue to be. 

It's actually a good opportunity for some modesty. 

"Actually, everyone has to die in the end."

That's some galactic brain shit you have been spouting.

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

"Actually, everyone has to die in the end."

That's some galactic brain shit you have been spouting.

Hominem te esse memento!

8 minutes ago, Cynosure said:

I don't think you realize the domino effect. Coronavirus will lead to the breakdown of the entire healthcare system in America. That's what is happening right now in Italy. As a nation we are not equipped to deal with this pandemic ON TOP OF normal medical occurrences. Coronavirus doesn't exist in a vacuum. And then there's the economic fallout, which will be enormous.

It's not just about old people dying, which you seem to want to reduce this to.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cynosure said:

Well yeah if this was the Spanish Flu and killing mostly young people, it would likely cause a mass panic however this could significantly kill a lot of older residents and this can be prevented if we take steps.