DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Even in Germany... it's getting crazy out there.

4639.jpg?width=780&quality=85&auto=forma

A protestor wearing an interesting mask is seen in Berlin during a protest against measures the German government has taken against the novel coronavirus. April 25, 2020.

• Disbelief 1
1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, I thought farmer's markets sold produce?:)...

Seriously sounds good, though...and maybe I should steal your ideas, b/c I think I could make all those dairy and tree nut free for myself:)...

Nope to go from Dirty Oscar Annex. Got donuts and cookies from market 😁

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Barnack said:

The difference between that and spending hours in a closed crowded environment/public transport must be huge, I suspect you can have shutdown working quite well despite people walking around in the sun (in a lot of place that had nice success, people never stopped walking around right, say Australia ?).

Correct. I’m walking around right now. 

On 4/24/2020 at 3:22 PM, cdsacken said:

Dude it's impossible considering how partisan a pandemic killing 50000 onto 100k soon is. Is that sad, ridiculous and pathetic? Yes but so is our country 

I long for a boring president who can at least make a country not an international embarrassment. I crave to feel the patriotic fervor that I once felt. God bless what America used to be and I hope it gets back to that someday.

The USA is in the worst shape it has been in as far as divisions go since the 1860's. the lead up to the Civil War. Some political experts have used the term "Cold Civil War" in describing it.

I an doubtful there is going to be a peaceful solution to it.

14 hours ago, James said:

Yes but why are the beaches open?? Why are there no sanctions for going out without a good reason? The US still records around 30k new daily cases. That's a huge number. It simply doesn't make sense to me. 

Because it simply impractical to fence them off,and you don't have enough police to really enforce the closure.

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, I thought farmer's markets sold produce?:)...

Seriously sounds good, though...and maybe I should steal your ideas, b/c I think I could make all those dairy and tree nut free for myself:)...

quite a few farmer's markets have outdoor restaurants .

Trump is now saying that the daily corona virus briefings are "not worth his time".

That so many people  fall for his BS is a sad commentary on the intelligence of the Human Race.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Quite a good day in the US today, over 300k tests seemingly without a huge negative dump from a single state. Pos below 15%

Alabama had a pretty big negative dump. Almost 19,000 new results reported. Also, Massachusetts’ data for today(at least on covidtracking) is across two days. And looks like some other small dumps here and there. So in reality, tests were probably pretty flat from yesterday.

• Like 2

NSW Health study of coronavirus cases in NSW schools. 
Edit:Added link below

http://ncirs.org.au/sites/default/files/2020-04/NCIRS NSW Schools COVID_Summary_FINAL public_26 April 2020.pdf

Professor Macartney's investigation, commissioned by NSW Health and the Education Department, tracked all 18 cases of COVID-19 among students and teachers across 15 schools.

"We have seen an extraordinarily low rate of transmissions in schools," Professor Macartney said.

Nine students and nine staff members were COVID-positive, and all 18 cases had the opportunity to transmit the virus to others within their schools, the report published on Sunday found.

“Our investigation found no evidence of children infecting teachers,” the investigation – the largest of its kind internationally – said.

Among 863 close contacts of the 18 initial cases - 735 students and 128 staff - the investigators found just two additional COVID-positive cases: one primary student and one high school student.

The findings back advice from Australia's health protection principal committee, which has not wavered from its recommendation that schools stay open and can be kept safe in the face of simmering tensions between the teachers unions and governments.

On Friday Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the risk to teachers "is not in the classroom - their risk is in the staff room".

https://www.smh.com.au/national/safe-as-houses-covid-19-study-clears-nsw-schools-for-student-return-20200425-p54n6i.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
34 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Trump is now saying that the daily corona virus briefings are "not worth his time".

That so many people  fall for his BS is a sad commentary on the intelligence of the Human Race.

Knowing trump that's probably what he actually believes. His party probably started to panic and think he was tanking their chances so they were like "hey Donald, you know those meetings are probably beneath you, youre such an important big strong man that you should spend your time on more important things". To which trump responded "your right! I am!"

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, a2k said:

India, new cases last 10 days:

1835 - Sat, April 25

1580 Sun

1370 Sat

Here in Mumbai the lockdown is definitely gonna get extended for 2 more weeks till May 15th. Delhi is already planning on extending and some other state governments are also thinking about it. If it goes till May 15, we would be in lockdown for 55 days. 

• Sad 2
4 hours ago, Killimano3 said:

Knowing trump that's probably what he actually believes. His party probably started to panic and think he was tanking their chances so they were like "hey Donald, you know those meetings are probably beneath you, youre such an important big strong man that you should spend your time on more important things". To which trump responded "your right! I am!"

Sadly I actually can imagine something like that. Probably a little bit more subtle...

• Like 2