DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

If I went by this website, I'd be believing the world was about to turn into something out of Mad Max due to an end of the world style virus. Christ Jesus. It's a bad situation regardless........but I can't tell from the people that are joking and the people that are dead serious.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
5 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

If I went by this website, I'd be believing the world was about to turn into something out of Mad Max due to an end of the world style virus. Christ Jesus. It's a bad situation regardless........but I can't tell from the people that are joking and the people that are dead serious.

You wouldn't be talking like this if you were in Italy.    

Everywhere will be Italy two weeks from now without serious, immediate measures. That’s basic epidemiology.

13 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Im just reporting what i see and read

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

35 new cases in my province just today.

Fun.

You`re like us. Just 2-3 days behind i guess

15 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

We still don't know how bad it's going to be. But this is very serious. Not world ending though.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It feels like the end of times in Europe. I really feel like the continent will collapse.

Bubonic Plague aka "THe Black Death" wiped out half of Europe's population in the 1300's.

I really,,really, doubt this will be as bad.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

We still don't know how bad it's going to be. But this is very serious. Not world ending though.

As I said, this is not going to be another "Black Death"

16 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

You wouldn't be talking like this if you were in Italy.    

Everywhere will be Italy two weeks from now without serious, immediate measures. That’s basic epidemiology.

8 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Im just reporting what i see and read

I'm really waiting to see how my state reacts to the virus. So far we're one of the few states that hasn't had a huge number of people yet compared to others. Waiting to see what the next week brings. I'm on edge to be sure.

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I dunno, some of the more over the top posts here makes it a tad hard to take seriously. Which is something that should not at all happen with something like this.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Trump to bring in a noted virologist to the coronavirus team. 

The man who finally ended the Middle East Conflict will surely also end the Corona Crisis!

2 hours ago, Taruseth said:

Country

Italy

Germany

France

Spain

USA

Starting date

27th Feb

7th March

6th March

8th March

9th March

684*

847*

1112*

1023***

1565**

1908**

Starting date means the day it had around 600-700 cases.

*8am CET, **9pm CET due to the NRW (more than 40% of all cases) not reporting cases to RKI so based on data collected by the local health institutes for each state.

*** that looks too low.

Shows that Germany and France roughly follow Italy as does the USA and Spain is having higher increases.

Not sure what time or source you’re using for the US, but the John Hopkins interactive has ticked up to 1279

Spanish flu seems like a good target for the coronavrius, that infected 27% of the world population in 1918-1920 which would be around 2-2.1B in todays population.

though I believe the Spanish flu was more fatal for young adults so this one might not cause as many deaths but it’s probably going to spread everywhere.

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

As I said, this is not going to be another "Black Death"

Could be just as bad.

During black death, a big city was what , 100 000 people tops ?

How long modern economies & the people living in it can sustain themselves when supply chains clollapse  one after another.

You think we can build factories of things produced abroad  we need in a few weeks ?

Imagine the snowball effects on all levels if other big european countries get on lockdown or entire states or big cities in the US like in Italy ? 

Have you heard the scope and size of molecules of medicine that is produced in China and India ?

Imagine if grids collapse, electric, communications, etc food obviously, toilet paper.

Imagine living quarantined for weeks without toilet paper ?

You can't find a mask, or gloves or alcohol solutions to clean your hands anyhwere in Parisian areas.

And TV repeats us every day, every ten minutes, to use them.

Just wait when other things start to get out of stock in concentrated cities of millions of people.

I am hearing some french doctors talking like the italians ones, "we are forced to do triage" already.

NO healthcare system can manage such a high number of patients in such dire conditions and I don't even mention the insane logistics of preventing all the medical personal to not get infected themselves.

To fight this, you must be willing to sacrifice people and/or be very very methodic, disciplined & obedient  with everything that you do or being asked to do, things I only see for now in China and South Korea.

It seems Russia closed their borders very early (mid January ?) and are the least affected or russian authorities lie or can't deal with the situation ?

Difficult to tell.

If spring or summer can't put this beast to sleep.

Game Over.

This time.

It s war.

Hopefully we find a cure or some type of vaccine soon but these things aren't done overnight either.

Edited by The Futurist
gin