DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

15 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I don't know about the rest of you but with the weather getting much nicer where I live people are starting to get more cranky. This was a little easier to do in March and even April but people are getting tired of it. Some places are preemptively gearing up for disturbances. I had to wait in a LONG line at Save on Foods to be lit in one by one by a guard with a kevlar vest on.

I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of the entire world but my prediction is most of the population is going to start getting sick of this real soon. I mean, we can't even go to parks here because they're closed. A couple in my town got a stern talking to from an officer for going to walk together. Yes they were holding hands but they lived together! This isn't going to last, mark my words, regardless of where we stand with the virus.

Have patience, man! We're already starting to see some restrictions being let up but it's gonna be a very gradual return to normalcy.

On 5/4/2020 at 8:07 AM, a2k said:

India, new cases last 10 days (and daily tests):

2676 (70.1k) Sun, May 3

2567 (73.7k) Sat

2396 (72.5k)

1801 (59.4k)

1703 (54.0k)

1902 (50.9k)

1568 (40.5k)

1607 (45.3k) Sun

1835 (38.2k) Sat

1408 (41.2k)

India, new cases last 10 days (and daily tests):

3656 (60.8k) Mon, May 4 // 1500+ from 1 state

2676 (70.1k) Sun

2567 (73.7k) Sat

2396 (72.5k)

1801 (59.4k)

1703 (54.0k)

1902 (50.9k)

1568 (40.5k)

1607 (45.3k) Sun

1835 (38.2k) Sat

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
7 hours ago, cdsacken said:

On Trump for that. "LIBERATE" has consequences.

Not sure that fair, for one the mother in that story was wearing a mask and it could be possible but that family do not look like the typical MAGA type that would listen to Donald Trump.

40 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure that fair, for one the mother in that story was wearing a mask and it could be possible but that family do not look like the typical MAGA type that would listen to Donald Trump.

Lmao sure sure. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Lmao sure sure. 

What do you disagree with, that :

Larry+Teague+Jr+Ramonyea+Bishop.jpg

do not look like your typical MAGA crazy ?

Or that the mother question was wearing a mask (it is apparently on the video, the guard had issue with her daughter that was not wearing one) ?

Wow it's been a while since I've been back on this site. Hopefully everyone is doing well and staying safe!...I do have a question for you guys though.

Once theaters do open (whether July or whenever), do you still plan on following the box office daily/weekends? (For stuff like Tenet, Mulan, etc.)

I've been reading up on some of the pages and it seems like there are some people that don't want theaters to open up and would rather they stay closed. Others want to go back to theaters but with strict social distancing guidelines, etc. I'm just kinda curious to see if there is even any interest for box office numbers on the site considering the environment we're living in right now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Barnack said:

What do you disagree with, that :

Larry+Teague+Jr+Ramonyea+Bishop.jpg

do not look like your typical MAGA crazy ?

Or that the mother question was wearing a mask (it is apparently on the video, the guard had issue with her daughter that was not wearing one) ?

MAGA has plenty of ignorant folk of all colors. Past Bernie bro grifters Candace Owens and CJ Pearson made sure of that. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Every dog has like 30 applicants. Absolute nightmare in Washington to get one. I'd drive to Canada but border is closed. On application #8 I think

Can you translate that into English please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Every dog has like 30 applicants. Absolute nightmare in Washington to get one. I'd drive to Canada but border is closed. On application #8 I think

Animal shelter places seem to have problems to find new owners for their charges, at least that is, what I’ve read around 2 weeks back

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

Can you translate that into English please.

Just for the fun of it, me being a German, translating US short cut English to an English man (by whom was that song?)

For each available dog there are 30 applicants
Washington - Canada seems clear

He tried unsuccessfully already at least for 7 different dogs, as he is on application #8 for getting a new dog

(hopefully correct)

(it was the song that got me to try it, Police/Sting?)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

monthly death count has been going better, from 20x to 3.7x

Partly because the pandemic moved from rich countries to the rest of the world, where there are far fewer tests.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, JB33 said:

I don't know about the rest of you but with the weather getting much nicer where I live people are starting to get more cranky. This was a little easier to do in March and even April but people are getting tired of it. Some places are preemptively gearing up for disturbances. I had to wait in a LONG line at Save on Foods to be lit in one by one by a guard with a kevlar vest on.

I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of the entire world but my prediction is most of the population is going to start getting sick of this real soon. I mean, we can't even go to parks here because they're closed. A couple in my town got a stern talking to from an officer for going to walk together. Yes they were holding hands but they lived together! This isn't going to last, mark my words, regardless of where we stand with the virus.

Restrictions here are starting to get lifted. Non-essential businesses can open from this week, bars/restaurants with tables outside can open, the same for beaches and zoos. With the exception of Budapest & its metro area which has the majority of active cases in the country. We will need to wait a couple weeks more to prevent the rapid spread of the virus. Looks like we are near the peak though, so in the next months things will start to go back to normal.

corona0505.jpg

One thing I don't understand, Hungary has a way bigger death ratio than countries with similar number of cases. Could be a methodical difference (what counts as a COVID death) or maybe there is a difference in the average age of the infected. Or it's because of the poor general health condition of the elderly Hungarians. Maybe all of this combined. I have no idea.

Edited by misafeco
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, misafeco said:

One thing I don't understand, Hungary has a way bigger death ratio than countries with similar number of cases. Could be a methodical difference (what counts as a COVID death) or maybe there is a difference in the average age of the infected. Or it's because of the poor general health condition of the elderly Hungarians. Maybe all of this combined. I have no idea.

with only 9k tests / million pop., there's bound to be quite a lot of hidden cases. Even Sweden did more testing.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Restrictions here are starting to get lifted....

Here too, in steps also, variations from state to state when what opens based on the per capita cases. E.g. my state, Bavaria will be 2 to 3 weeks behind the other states beside being one of the earlier states to close down, as its the worst case state, see neighbor to Austria and so on. For the schools to close Bavaria was the first state, till the end of Mai they want to make it possible for 50% of the pupils to return to school - not for all subjects, and it looks like they‘ll do shift operation and similar. With lots of rules about masks, disinfection, how to use the WC and how those have to be cleaned.

Restaurants indoor: looks like they will open around 25 Mai, special rules about e.g. Temperatur for cleaning silverware, guests have to wear masks till they sit down, and have to carry masks on the way and whilst using the WC, all staff has to carry masks too. Way less tables, some areas for families, areas for solo / pairs customers. Outdoors starts a week or two earlier, again lots of rules....

Regional hotspots extra rules, especially for care homes, to be expected.

Here they say they count death from the virus, death also as an additional cause to.... whatever they‘ll have to list as the first cause, and death assumed by the virus for .... reasons. Just in case someone wants to do some calculations, comparisons,...

Only two counties within Germany have actual 50 or more active ill cases per 100.000, one is not that far away from my location, one is in another state.

9 hours ago, JB33 said:

Well this is what I've said to people who want people to lockdown for 6months or a year.

A lot of younger people starting to think this virus is not that deadly and are unwilling to sacrifice 18mths of their prime years to protect someone else.

Like I know a friend of a friend is doing a house party with 15 people on Friday...and their reason "yoh fuck this shit we bored"

OF course these people won't be able to go to a club anytime but most likely they'll start meeting up with each other and start doing their own stuff.

I'm not saying that is right.. I am saying that is what will happen the longer these restrictions happen...

So we have a few options here.

1. Government becomes much more authoritarian and enforces a more stricter lockdown

2. Take steps to open the economy with appropriate physical distancing and securing seniors.

Because based on what I can see these lockdowns will not last for the summer and if they do they will become ineffective.

Also the longer this takes place the desensitized people become.

Edited by Lordmandeep
47 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

with only 9k tests / million pop., there's bound to be quite a lot of hidden cases. Even Sweden did more testing.

Don't know about Hungary but it could also mean that they are great at contact tracing... Taiwan and Vietnam only did 2.7k tests/million.

Although that is unlikely at Epidemiologist Beginner Level (Europe). 😎

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Haha 2