DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

5 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

“Trump fears emergency declaration would contradict coronavirus message”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/11/trump-emergency-declaration-coronavirus-message-125902

There are about 200 countries where people are worried about the response of their governments to the pandemic, then they look at Trump and think: "Hey, it could be worse."

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Imagine if grids collapse, electric, communications, etc food obviously, toilet paper. 

Imagine living quarantined for weeks without toilet paper ?

I do not see grid collapse in term of electric and running water because of this virus (you do not need many humans to make those things works), with running water I do not see how not having toilet paper can be any issue at all (it is not like people had toilet paper 2 minute ago in human history, toilet paper is still quite a new thing in many countries).

16 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

If spring or summer can't put this beast to sleep.

Game Over.

Or over the year humanity build a resistance to it and it become like the current seasonal flu we had for ever.

The language "good target" really bugs me when talking about the number of people that could potentially become infected by a life-threatening disease. I know there's worse things to be worried about, but for some reason that phrase just bothers me

• Sad 1
19 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Imagine if grids collapse, electric, communications, etc food obviously, toilet paper.

Out of any possible job that could be stopped, electrical and communication maintenance won't be.

We AREN'T living in the 1300s. The virus is bad, but we aren't going to be walking around our muddy yards, walking around in our own fecal matter leaking from the broken pipe systems.

• Like 1

Moderation

This thread is very active and COVID-19 discussion has spread to other threads therefore it is being moved to the main forum to be more visible.

Please avoid the repetitive posting of nonsense.

Regards

BOT Staff

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Out of any possible job that could be stopped, electrical and communication maintenance won't be.

We AREN'T living in the 1300s. The virus is bad, but we aren't going to be walking around our muddy yards, walking around in our own fecal matter leaking from the broken pipe systems.

It’s hard to be a god. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29502174be68ba3f6cff

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I do not see grid collapse in term of electric and running water because of this virus (you do not need many humans to make those things works), with running water I do not see how not having toilet paper can be any issue at all (it is not like people had toilet paper 2 minute ago in human history, toilet paper is still quite a new thing in many countries).

Or over the year humanity build a resistance to it and it become like the current seasonal flu we had for ever.

Again, people didn't live in such high concentrated & populated cities in the past.

Mortality rates were actually bigger in cities because of bacterias of horseshit and the fact we didn't have electric pumps for our sewer systems.

We would have never built such giant cities without Modern sewer systems  that uses giant electric pumps to evacuate our bodily fluids and poop.

Remember Jancovici ? 

He explained this in one of his videos, people were having plenty of diseases because they were living not very far where they pooped and pissed, that were not evacuated.

One of the biggest progress of mankind very few people realize.

Trust me, a city of millions without toilet paper for weeks or months, you re gonna feel the repercussions.

As a matter of fact, toilet paper is the product the most pillaged in super markets right now.

Edited by The Futurist
4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Again, people didn't live in such high concentrated & populated cities in the past.

Mortality rates were actually bigger in cities because of bacterias of horseshit and the fact we didn't have electric pumps for our sewer systems.

We would have never built such giant cities without Modern sewer systems  that uses giant electric pumps to evacuate our bodily fluids and poop.

Remember Jancovici ? 

He explained this in one of his videos, people were having plenty of diseases because they were living not very far where they pooped and pissed, that were not evacuated.

One of the biggest progress of mankind very few people realize.

Trust me, a city of millions without toilet paper for weeks or months, you re gonna feel the repercussions.

As a matter of fact, toilet paper is the product the most pillaged in super markets right now.

Stock up on Baby wipes then.

The Federal Government has announced a $17.6 billion economic stimulus package in a bid to keep Australians in jobs as the economy takes a hit from the spread of coronavirus.

More than 6 million welfare recipients, including pensioners, carers, veterans, families, young people and jobseekers will get a one-off cash payment of $750 from March 31.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-12/federal-government-coronavirus-economic-stimulus/12042972

11 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

PLEASE AVOID CONSPIRACY THEORIES AND THE SPREADING OF MISINFORMATION.

...It feels like off-topic, nonsensical, apocalyptic rants should be banned too.

Funny you use the word apocalyptic.

Live five minutes into the heart of the italian outbreak in Lombardie ask people how they would describe the situation to you.

I am sorry if you don't want to realize how utterly fragile our deeply interconnected, complex systems are to a situation like this. 

Or if you don't want to realize that an outbreak like this in areas populated in millions or tens of millions have never occured in the history of human kind.

What would be the death toll of the 1919 spanish flu with today's population & size of cities ? 

I saw the maths somewhere and can't remember the number.

Also, quarantines means like little by little, plenty of things are not getting done.

Activity slows down everywhere, brick by brick, day after day.

I sound pessimisitc I know but look back at how fast the situation is getting worse.

I am hearing also the factories stopped in China are still way far to be back to normal ...

tic toc

Edited by The Futurist
13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Funny you use the word apocalyptic.

Live five minutes into the heart of the italian outbreak in Lombardie ask people how they would describe the situation to you.

I am sorry if you don't want to realize how utterly fragile our deeply interconnected, complex systems are to a situation like this. 

Or if you don't want to realize that an outbreak like this in areas populated in millions or tens of millions have never occured in the history of human kind.

What would be the death toll of the 1919 spanish flu with today's population & size of cities ? 

I saw the maths somewhere and can't remember the number.

Also, quarantines means like little by little, plenty of things are not getting done.

Activity slows down everywhere, brick by brick, day after day.

I sound pessimisitc I know but look back at how fast the situation is getting worse.

I am hearing also the factories stopped in China are still way far to be back to normal ...

tic toc

Yeah, but I don't hear stories of China out of electricity.

And that's basically Ground Zero.

Calm down and watch ASMR or something.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
40 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Actually that was the norm until the late 1800's when modern sewage systems begun to be installed.

Just read about how bad it was in Victorian London, and the "Great Stink"of the 1858,when basically the whole sewage system collapsed.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

Was watching the start of the OKC/Jazz game and they called the whole thing off seconds before the opening tip cause some of the Jazz players were sick.

Rudy Gobert hella dumb for this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1