DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Theaters will reopen on June 22 in France, I thought it'd be a pleasant info for the forum. :)

And given I'm here writing something let's add that after 18 days of reopening the number of cases didn't increase in France: the number of deaths, cases..etc..is still decreasing. It might be too early to rejoice but it shows a good plan and dedication can work. As for me I didn't change my behavior from the lockdown days: social distanciation, wearing a mask where there are people (downtown, shops...) but at the same time I mostly go where there aren't many people in order to walk without having to wear a mask (because it's pretty uncomfortable).

And now I'm ready to play Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, available on May 29th and I waited this for a very long time so have fun and let's make predictions once again in the future after normalcy is back :)

That's awesome. Vive La France!

• Like 1

I just came across a walk and drive through COVID testing site outside the Maritime Museum. 

The Trump administration with no advance notice removed warnings contained in guidance for the reopening of houses of worship that singing in choirs can spread the coronavirus.

Last Friday, the administration released pandemic guidance for faith communities after weeks of debate flared between the White House and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Those guidelines posted on the CDC website included recommendations that religious communities “consider suspending or at least decreasing use of choir/musical ensembles and congregant singing, chanting, or reciting during services or other programming, if appropriate within the faith tradition.”

It added: “The act of singing may contribute to transmission of Covid-19, possibly through emission of aerosols.”

By Saturday, that version was replaced by updated guidance that no longer includes any reference to choirs or congregant singing and the risk for spreading virus. The altered guidance also deleted a reference to “shared cups” among items, including hymnals and worship rugs, that should not be shared. The updated guidelines also added language that said the guidance “is not intended to infringe on rights protected by the First Amendment.”

We are talking about guidance here, for the record.  Yes many states/counties use this guidance to set regulations.  Point still stands that this is pretty blatant interference.

Is it gonna lead to more cases nationwide?  Doomsayin' ain't my bag as folks probably know.  What it could do is increase the odds of super-spreading events if places of worship aren't very careful about things.

We'll see just how careful (or lucky) places are in the fullness of time.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

We are talking about guidance here, for the record.  Yes many states/counties use this guidance to set regulations.  Point still stands that this is pretty blatant interference.

Is it gonna lead to more cases nationwide?  Doomsayin' ain't my bag as folks probably know.  What it could do is increase the odds of super-spreading events if places of worship aren't very careful about things.

We'll see just how careful (or lucky) places are in the fullness of time.

Considering how much those of us in that field have discussed and been aware it will be interesting to see how religious places act / respond. From my online circles and groups the taking of guidance about singing in general for the church has been mixed as far as reception goes. But any choir director worth their salt is not starting again any time soon (at least another 90ish days on my count, more if I can get away with it. ) 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, narniadis said:

But any choir director worth their salt is not starting again any time soon (at least another 90ish days on my count, more if I can get away with it. ) 

I didn't doomsay for a reason. ;)

On the other hand, there are folks out there with more passion than sense, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(And, of course, it's a big country with lots of people in it. Folks being irresponsible will attract attention not the vast majority being responsible, Only takes one group to get on the news, yadda yadda yadda)

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, a2k said:

India, new cases last 10 days (and daily tests):

7271 (116.0k) Wed, May 27

5866 (92.5k) Tue, May 26

6414 (90.2k) Mon, May 25

7111 (108.6k) Sun, May 24

6663 (115.4k) Sat, May 23

6507 (103.5k) Fri, May 22

6024 (103.5k) Thu, May 21

5547 (108.1k) Wed, May 20

6148 (101.k) Tue, May 19

4629 (75.2k) Mon, May 18

7260 (120.0k) Thu, May 28

5866 (92.5k) Tue, May 26

6414 (90.2k) Mon, May 25

6148 (101.k) Tue, May 19

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The issue is places of worship can open it proper social distancing is followed.

My local temple allows for 10 people to go in at a time to pray and everyone must be spaced 6 feet apart.

No groupings are allowed and no food is served.

There is no reason for churches to have gatherings of 100s of people to sing Amazing grace apart from wanting to get high collections in the donation basket. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

This is a fun article. A polling of 2,000 Americans where they were asked to rank a dozen activities on a scale of 1-10 - on how risky certain activities where and then comparing it to a group of expert responses. 

The most interesting results to me were this. First, in general on the majority of activities the respondents rated them more risky than the experts did.

The other thing that stood out is that Democrats tended to rank less risky activities as more risky than the experts ranked them and Republicans tended to rank the more risky activities as less risky than the experts did.

Basically Democrats were too cautious, Republicans not cautious enough.

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2020/coronavirus-activity-risk-what-is-safe-poll/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Coronavirus: Monkeys 'escape with COVID-19 samples' after attacking lab assistant

More proof the coronavirus was a bioweapon after all...

Planet-of-the-Apes-Statue-of-Liberty-Cae

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Not like there's a Pandemic going on & millions of migrant labourers in your country are forced to go on feet for 000s of kilometres, but yeah, Priorities of Banana Republic.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Stormtroopers secure Disney Springs with new social measures

Posted (edited)

California plans to have 10,000 workers trained by July 1 to contact trace coronavirus cases, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced in a news conference on Friday.

The first phase commitment of 10,000 workers will be able to track 3,600 new cases per day, Newsom said.

Newsom noted the importance of contact tracing as the state reopens because it will meet the substantial needs of the counties that are reopening.

The state’s testing capacity has substantially increased from 2,000 to 50,000 tests every day. There has been an increase in the number of positive cases due to the increase in testing capacity, Newsom explained.  

The contact tracing workforce is being developed in partnership with the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) and the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).

This is very true:

Edited by MrGlass2

Posted (edited)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-coronavirus-ontario-may-29-testing-strategy-1.5589813

Ontario looking to put in regional lock-downs as North American jurisdictions struggle in how to balance rural and urban areas as the province of Ontario is the size of many European countries put together.

Its not hard with 4 police roadblocks you can pretty much separate north and south ontario ( i just pointed that out below) 

QkfUWob.png

(lol our lackluster road networks in rural areas can work to our benefit for once)

Edited by Lordmandeep

Posted (edited)

q9MjfEK.png

The confirmed daily new cases have been going up whereas the daily deaths have been dropping gradually. Is this a sign that Covid 19 is getting less lethal over time?

Edited by Assumption

9 minutes ago, Assumption said:

q9MjfEK.png

The confirmed daily new cases have been going up whereas the daily deaths have been dropping gradually. Is the a sign that Covid 19 is getting less lethal over time?

No... I would guess 3 reasons:

1) Initially only the real sick got tests.  Now many people with mild symptoms can get a test.  

2) As they learn more about Covid the medical community figures out better treatments

3) For political reasons (to justify opening up) many states are under counting deaths. Since you generally don't die directly from Covid there is a lot of wiggle room on what gets reported.  In many places if you suddenly die at home you might not be considered a covid death even if you test positive.

That said... I have read that perhaps the amount viral load you get 'might' determine how sick you get.  If true, since people are more aware and careful, then I suppose it's possible they are getting less sick in general.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, a2k said:

7260 (120.0k) Thu, May 28

5866 (92.5k) Tue, May 26

6414 (90.2k) Mon, May 25