DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

I was actually getting relatively optimistic about the situation in early June when the Northeast/Midwest was improved a lot and national numbers were following. But it’s become clear over the past week that the south/west are headed for some real problems, and may be peaking in July. Summer BO is dead imo, optimistically BO will restart late August but even that seems dicey.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

We're truly the most ass backwards developed country in the world

A glance at the theater reopening thread here shows that.

The level of ignorance is incredible, masked by a lot of rheteoric about "Personal CHoice".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

If they have no fans, couldn't they also just play in minor league stadiums in "almost no effect" states right now?  If you wanted those states, I'm not sure Illinois would be at the top...although just Wisconsin might work...or Virginia, which has almost no one hospitalized and almost no current deaths outside of nursing homes and senior living sites for the last few weeks...

Problem is a few mass gatherings in those states,and they will have sky rocketing numbers as well.

That is the p roblem, the virus does not respect state lines.

Mass Gatherings are simply a bad idea at this time.Sorry if that means you can't go to a game or go see a movie, but if that saves lives, so be it. The world does not revolve around you and your wants...something a lot of people here are having a hard time understanding.

Six members of the Trump  advance team for his Tulsa rally have tested positive.

God help us, we have a total idiot/madman as President.

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I was actually getting relatively optimistic about the situation in early June when the Northeast/Midwest was improved a lot and national numbers were following. But it’s become clear over the past week that the south/west are headed for some real problems, and may be peaking in July. Summer BO is dead imo, optimistically BO will restart late August but even that seems dicey.

Family in those areas mention that folks went inside from the heat and grouped up over the last month (as they figured the worst had passed)...and that was a disaster...

It might be 107 humid degrees, but they need to stay outside and getting some sun and exercise, and not group inside if they want to congregate...

If we have a vaccine this year and it's available to everybody, not only healthcare workers, will you take the vaccine?

7 minutes ago, Maggie said:

If we have a vaccine this year and it's available to everybody, not only healthcare workers, will you take the vaccine?

Is this s a trick question somehow? Of course.

• Like 2

Just now, Arendelle Legion said:

Is this s a trick question somehow? Of course.

It's not a trick question at all. I will take it too, but some people will definitely not. They say it's risky because the vaccine is developed too fast and its safety is gonna be questionable.

32 minutes ago, Maggie said:

In this hypothetical, I'd have to think about it. I'm leaning toward yes for several obvious reasons. However, the speed at which it was developed would give me reason to pause. I'd probably get it but wouldn't be the first in line for it.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Six members of the Trump  advance team for his Tulsa rally have tested positive.

God help us, we have a total idiot/madman as President.

I count that as Natural Selection honestly.

4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

If they have no fans, couldn't they also just play in minor league stadiums in "almost no effect" states right now?  If you wanted those states, I'm not sure Illinois would be at the top...although just Wisconsin might work...or Virginia, which has almost no one hospitalized and almost no current deaths outside of nursing homes and senior living sites for the last few weeks...

I think there are some issues. The reason why FL, AZ and TX make so much sense is because they have tons of suitable stadiums in close proximity. The problem with any other state is that even if we include minor league and college venues (both of which are somewhat problematic because of their dimensions and lack of MLB level amenities) the distances between venues are still big. That's why looking for a number of close MLB stadiums tops the list. I don't think MLB can pull this off with just three stadiums, either. They need at least twice that and probably more, unless they do something really radical like switch to 5 inning games.

I still don't see MLB happening this year. I doubt the NBA and NHL actually complete their seasons, either. Count the NFL out for their 2020-21 season. We're still in a pandemic, and those are all nonessential businesses with highly paid professions who frankly don't need to take the risk.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter if you wanted to reopen the economy as quickly as possible, or if the virus has been circulating in your region/state for months... you can always blame foreigners!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • ...wtf 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Maggie said:

Of  course. No brainer..unless you belive the Anti Vax crap.

About the only thing I have faith in is science..and that is because  science offers solid proof and does not ask you to accept things on faith without evidence.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

It doesn't matter if you wanted to reopen the economy as quickly as possible, or if the virus has been circulating in your region/state for months... you can always blame foreigners!

It;s worse then that. A lot of the Trump supporters on message boards are saying black neighborhoods are full of the virus and should be quaranteed.

1 hour ago, doublejack said:

In this hypothetical, I'd have to think about it. I'm leaning toward yes for several obvious reasons. However, the speed at which it was developed would give me reason to pause. I'd probably get it but wouldn't be the first in line for it.

True, but you also have a bunch of hardcore Anti Vaxxers who oppose ANY vaccine.

So Trump just landed in my hometown of Tulsa. Ughhhhh. It’s a freak show here.

1 hour ago, FilmBuff said:

So Trump just landed in my hometown of Tulsa. Ughhhhh. It’s a freak show here.

Going to be fun since apparently the turn out is going to be nowhere near what the Trump campaign was predicitng. The outdoor speech has already been cancelled.

FWIW, I will not be among the first to take the vaccine.

Once it is proven that it is both safe and effective then i'll be in line to get a vaccine.

I have a general belief that it is being pushed so fast there is a good chance they are going to miss something either in terms of safety or effectiveness.

For now, I am happy to work from home, use a mask, keep 6 feet from people. I suspect that will be the primary way to combat this until 2022.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maggie said:

It should be mandatory. Antivaxers are worse than the worst Trumpers or Berniebros

24 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

FWIW, I will not be among the first to take the vaccine.

Once it is proven that it is both safe and effective then i'll be in line to get a vaccine.

I have a general belief that it is being pushed so fast there is a good chance they are going to miss something either in terms of safety or effectiveness.

For now, I am happy to work from home, use a mask, keep 6 feet from people. I suspect that will be the primary way to combat this until 2022.

Waiting till it's confirmed is completely fine if you are taking necessary precautions. Questioning the process for being rushed is a likely conclusion with this administration is