DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

6 hours ago, DeeCee said:

It’s weird reading things like this. None of these places ever closed here with the exception that restaurants could only do takeaway. 

Yeah, it's the same in the U.S. where for a while you could only order takeout while indoor dining was closed (now they've mostly reopened but require you to wear a mask inside unless you're sitting down and eating).

7 hours ago, DeeCee said:

It’s weird reading things like this. None of these places ever closed here with the exception that restaurants could only do takeaway. 

Canada had a more strict lockdown as we got a lot of cases from America and we saw what happened in NYC.

Most things have opened and traffic on highways and roads is like 75% back to normal now. 

37 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

8,942 new cases reported in Florida this morning. Let that sink in.

Also, Texas just closed all bars again.

Texas Gov goes more restrictive for the first time.

Bars are closed as of noon today-  though they can still do take-out and delivery.

Restaurants have to go back from 75% capacity to 50% capacity

tubing and rafting companies have to close (popular summer activity in TX)

any outdoor activity of over 100 people needs local approval.

Also, the Miami mayor said this morning that if things don't improve that he will likely have to put more restrictions in place.

1 minute ago, RamblinRed said:

Also, the Miami mayor said this morning that if things don't improve that he will likely have to put more restrictions in place.

"if things don't improve"

LO-MF-L

The mayor is just trying to get one more weekend of a running economy to close out the month.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Yeah that Canada-U.S border closure needs to be extended. I don't see how you can open it on July 21 at this point.

Keep it closed for at least the rest of this year imo. 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I wish these politicians in the thick of it would realize that they won’t reap the benefits of whatever positive actions they take today for another two weeks. The cost of delaying is horrific. 

I'm just glad that they haven't completely thrown in the towel (especially with everything else that's been happening recently) and are scaling back a bit cause it's clear a lot of people still don't take this seriously with these images of bars and other places crowding up.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

So Texas and Florida are closing bars again, but for some reason Disney World still plans to open soon

It's gonna get postponed. They've already delayed Disneyland's opening and with the way this state is starting to see a massive surge there's really no point.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

9000 new cases reported here in Florida today. No chance Disneyworld will reopen on July 12, Disney would just be asking for a pr nightmare.

Disney put itself in a total bind.  If they don't reopen by Aug 1, but the others parks all stay open, their best employees are gonna jet b/c unemployment checks will be over (at least the fed ones, and the state ones will be drying up soon)...  

So, I can see a 2 week slip, and then a hope and a prayer open.  It gives them the most to gain and the least to lose...

On the island that I live (140,000 people) we've had 1 new case in the last 10 days.

The scenes on Bounemouth beach yesterday were a disaster, (it was 33 Deg) luckily tourists aren't allowed on to the island so we get the beaches to ourselves.

I went in the sea for the first time this year yesterday, it was bloody freezing.

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Disney put itself in a total bind.  If they don't reopen by Aug 1, but the others parks all stay open, their best employees are gonna jet b/c unemployment checks will be over (at least the fed ones, and the state ones will be drying up soon)...  

So, I can see a 2 week slip, and then a hope and a prayer open.  It gives them the most to gain and the least to lose...

Orange County is already getting low on beds.

https://bi.ahca.myflorida.com/t/ABICC/views/Public/ICUBedsCounty?%3AshowAppBanner=false&%3Adisplay_count=n&%3AshowVizHome=n&%3Aorigin=viz_share_link&%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&%3Aembed=y

Less than 18% of ICU beds and 12% of all beds.

Andy, They have those pictures from Bounemouth up on CNN.com now, that looks as bad as anything we have seen here in the States.

USA vs. Germany flattening the curve:

covidcurve.jpg

You barely even notice the jump caused by the newly discovered cases in a German meat processing plant which made headlines everywhere in Europe.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, misafeco said:

USA vs. Germany flattening the curve:

covidcurve.jpg

You barely even notice the jump caused by the newly discovered cases in a German meat processing plant which made headlines everywhere in Europe.

I know most Germans dont like praising our country for anything but i myself have no problem with proclaiming that Germany has done a very good job till this point with the virus. 

Altough nearly every country looks like Taiwan compared to the US.

• Like 4