google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Recommended Posts

Trump finally encourages people to wear masks.....3.5 months too fucking late

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

So I take it that The University of Alabama doesn’t have very high requirements for admissions?

University of Alabama is not a college with a football team, buy a football team with a university.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Trump finally encourages people to wear masks.....3.5 months too fucking late

And it's a very weak encouragement.

Wont effect his brain dead supporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 6:56 AM, AndyK said:

I'm going to bet that the death rates never reach what happened in NY.

 

Doctors have learned how to treat the symptoms more effectively.

I'm cancelling my bet, the level of stupidity being displayed is just too great to be overcome with better treatments.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I give it 24 hours before Trump starts insisting that he was the one who first said everyone should wear masks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The huge 2nd wave has made start a backup plan to move my wedding from oct 2020 to April 2021. 

 

What is the point of getting married if the brides mother cant come. 

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The huge 2nd wave has made start a backup plan to move my wedding from oct 2020 to April 2021. 

 

What is the point of getting married if the brides mother cant come. 

Not that it's comparable, but when my dad was terminal, my brother tried to push up his wedding date and just go to the justice of the peace, so that my dad could attend...and my dad said he'd do no such thing, and he and his spouse would have the wedding they always wanted.  My dad was not around for my brother's wedding in person (but he was in spirit), but he really did help make sure it was everything his kid wanted...

 

The bride's mom not being able to attend in person is bad...but I'm sure she'd understand if it meant her daughter was getting married to a great guy...

 

PS - and since we are in the 21st century, she could probably be in virtual form, watching the whole thing from her chair, if someone was creative or tech savvy enough:)...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Not that it's comparable, but when my dad was terminal, my brother tried to push up his wedding date and just go to the justice of the peace, so that my dad could attend...and my dad said he'd do no such thing, and he and his spouse would have the wedding they always wanted.  My dad was not around for my brother's wedding in person (but he was in spirit), but he really did help make sure it was everything his kid wanted...

 

The bride's mom not being able to attend in person is bad...but I'm sure she'd understand if it meant her daughter was getting married to a great guy...

 

PS - and since we are in the 21st century, she could probably be in virtual form, watching the whole thing from her chair, if someone was creative or tech savvy enough:)...

just that indian wedding are a family affair with a lot of traditions around the mom and such being involved. 

 

I rather wait and make sure she marries happily. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot,"

  Bring on the Darwin award. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, juni78ukr said:

Alabama college students are throwing 'COVID parties' where they invite infected people and gamble on who gets sick first.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-college-students-throwing-covid-094819467.html

Sorry, americans, but your country is doomed

Did you not see the horror that played out in 2016? This should not be a new revelation.

 

We have so many issues, from regular mass shootings with zilch being done to truly address the problem, to voting laws and regulations that discriminate yet the Supreme Court declared voter inequality isn't really a thing anymore, to thousands of people chanting "drill baby, drill" because climate change is "just a hoax". I could go on and on. Not only do a number of people not see these issues, they flat out deny reality.

 

I'm living Idiocracy. I want out. This COVID debacle is just the most recent indicator that the USA is a failed nation.

 

Non-USA citizens should not expect the US to all of a sudden start taking COVID seriously. It isn't going to happen. The second wave has started (or the first wave never ended, however you want to view it) and things are only going to get worse from here. The rest of 2020 can be cancelled from an economic point of view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, juni78ukr said:

Alabama college students are throwing 'COVID parties' where they invite infected people and gamble on who gets sick first.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-college-students-throwing-covid-094819467.html

Sorry, americans, but your country is doomed. 

 

Yep, unfortunately...

 

 

Quote

The concert is titled the Independence Day Throwback Beach Party and it's happening due to a legal loophole, the Austin Chronicle pointed out. The venue — Emerald Point Bar & Grill, located on the shores of Lake Travis — is technically a restaurant, even though it also has a large capacity outdoor general admission concert space. So fans don't have to collaborate with or listen to current recommended coronavirus guidelines that seek to eliminate large crowds.

 

“I can’t wait to get back to this," the "Ice Ice Baby" singer posted on Instagram along with some of his previous packed concert footage. "The 90s were the best. We didn’t have coronavirus, or cell phones, or computers. We had 5.0's, blockbuster, Beavis and Butthead, Wayne's World, Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan ... Mortal Kombat is still better than Fortnight ... the last of the great decades.”

 

The concert is selling 2,500 tickets, which is roughly half of the venue's potential capacity. Tickets range from $25 for general admission to $300 for VIP seating (the latter is sold out).

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people I know like to say that "Canada is worse than the United States, you should not be proud to live here". I think COVID has really shown that, no, Canada is certainly better off than the US. Do we have immense problems here too? Yes. Should we hold our country to a higher standard than our southern neighbours? Probably. But are we WORSE than the US? Hell nah

 

To Americans on this board, hang in there! Most people who are regulars on this site are pretty smart, and I'm so sorry that so many in your country have failed the response to this virus. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

The huge 2nd wave has made start a backup plan to move my wedding from oct 2020 to April 2021. 

 

What is the point of getting married if the brides mother cant come. 

Some people would consider that a bonus.... :ph34r:

  • Haha 9
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

A lot of people I know like to say that "Canada is worse than the United States, you should not be proud to live here". I think COVID has really shown that, no, Canada is certainly better off than the US. Do we have immense problems here too? Yes. Should we hold our country to a higher standard than our southern neighbours? Probably. But are we WORSE than the US? Hell nah

 

To Americans on this board, hang in there! Most people who are regulars on this site are pretty smart, and I'm so sorry that so many in your country have failed the response to this virus. 

 

Anyone who says that is Likely

1. Never been to the USA

2. Likely uses random activists as Twitter to get the news

3. Dumb

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

A lot of people I know like to say that "Canada is worse than the United States, you should not be proud to live here". I think COVID has really shown that, no, Canada is certainly better off than the US. Do we have immense problems here too? Yes. Should we hold our country to a higher standard than our southern neighbours? Probably. But are we WORSE than the US? Hell nah

 

To Americans on this board, hang in there! Most people who are regulars on this site are pretty smart, and I'm so sorry that so many in your country have failed the response to this virus. 

I think its more acting smug as if Canada doesn't deal with issue with their handling of covid or racism and police brutality. That being said Canada and many other countries have handled the pandemic better than the U.S. I am very thankful to live in Canada right now. 

 

Americans on another level with this nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Some people would consider that a bonus.... :ph34r:

 

 

Yeah, but she had her father die at age 5 and her mother is her only real family. With the US border closed, none of her uncles can come either to take her place either.

 

Like it's hard to explain but an Indian wedding is way more a family affair and doing a wedding without one 'elder' in her family would just become rather very difficult and would likely make her very upset and sad. 

 

It be rather selfish of me and my family to make her marry without her and we can delay 7 months. 

 

Rather have a happy wedding lol :)

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would classify this as a new surge from the 1st wave. The second wave is what is expected late fall/winter that overlaps with the flu.

 

FL reported over 10,000 new cases today.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.