google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

28 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah, but she had her father die at age 5 and her mother is her only real family. With the US border closed, none of her uncles can come either to take her place either.

Like it's hard to explain but an Indian wedding is way more a family affair and doing a wedding without one 'elder' in her family would just become rather very difficult and would likely make her very upset and sad. 

It be rather selfish of me and my family to make her marry without her and we can delay 7 months. 

Rather have a happy wedding lol :)

I really feel for you about the wedding. My daughter got married last October. At one point we were looking at potentially holding the wedding in April of this year. I was originally a little dissapointed because it meant compressing all the payments, but given what has occurred this year i'm really happy it occurred last year as it simply would not have happened in April of this year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

I would classify this as a new surge from the 1st wave. The second wave is what is expected late fall/winter that overlaps with the flu.

FL reported over 10,000 new cases today.

Woah! US could hit 60k cases today with a number like that in Florida. Simply crushing.

I agree that it is more a continuation of the first wave. At this rate I'm not sure we'll ever get a second wave because the first one hasn't been brought under control.

17 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Today's Trump news conference was nothing but a bunch of lies.

His claim that hospitals have everything they need is an out and out lies.

And a lot of those new jobs will vanish with the surge.

Sadly,I now think the US is a doomed country, no matter who wins i Nobember. The American  people have become too stupid to govern themselves.

1 hour ago, RamblinRed said:

I would classify this as a new surge from the 1st wave. The second wave is what is expected late fall/winter that overlaps with the flu.

FL reported over 10,000 new cases today.

Yeah, the first wave never really subsided all that much (looking at the US overall). It’s more like a tidal surge that just keeps coming. Or a tsunami. 😬

• Sad 1

I wish I had that kind of photoshop skill. I'd create so many memes.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Sadly,I now think the US is a doomed country, no matter who wins i Nobember. The American  people have become too stupid to govern themselves.

Eh but they're also allowed to be this stupid.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Yep, unfortunately...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

"The 90s were the best. We didn’t have coronavirus, or cell phones, or computers

Vanilla ice was not working in a office or aware of much of anything in the world I gather.

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's not like the numbers of sick/dead would be a thing to look at before promoting a concert in the middle of a pandemic. :rolleyes: 

Color Me Badd was supposed to play the same place this weekend, too. Imagine risking your life during a plague to see three-hit wonder musical acts...

8 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

It's not like the numbers of sick/dead would be a thing to look at before promoting a concert in the middle of a pandemic. :rolleyes: 

Color Me Badd was supposed to play the same place this weekend, too. Imagine risking your life during a plague to see three-hit wonder musical acts...

That's too bad. Was looking forward to the updated version of the song called "I Wanna COVID You Up."

Edited by filmlover
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Yeah, the first wave never really subsided all that much (looking at the US overall). It’s more like a tidal surge that just keeps coming. Or a tsunami. 😬

And just like that, Trump is back in the top 2 for the title of Worst Covid Crisis Leader...

25900054-8106149-image-a-11_158403954825

55 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Well. we have the "Has Been Performer Making A Idiot of Himself" award for this week.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Eh but they're also allowed to be this stupid.

One reason I am not a Progressive is they have this blind faith in the wisdom of the common man, something I gave up on a long time ago.

News of another mutation of Covid. Not any more lethal directly, but spreads quicker and that will lead to more deaths in the long run.

Governor of Texas just ordered masks to be mandatory.

It has to be bad for a Trump butt kisser like  Abbott to do this.

Can't wait for Dan Patrick, the Lt Governor of "Fauci does not know what he is talking about" to respond to this.

• Like 2