DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Since i've been having this discussion on another board about HCQ (apparently due to a doctor being on FOX last night saying it is all political that HCQ isn't being used), i'll put here another new random, controlled study showing HCQ has no benefit.

From the New England Journal of Medicine

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019014?query=featured_home

I also pointed out in the Study that this doctor from Yale did that he had worked as a consultant for multiple companies that produce HCQ and even in his study admitted that none of the studies he referenced were random, controlled studies, but he was arguing that it should be used just based on anecdotal results from clinical studies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WTF

I don't watch his conferences, but reading them is enough to give me brain damage

• Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

the country is in great shape unless you look south or west

If you look north, Canada is looking pretty great right now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

If you look north, Canada is looking pretty great right now.

If you look east, the Atlantic Ocean so far reports 0 Cases!

3rd straight day over 1,000. First time in 8 weeks. Cases flat, but testing down a little (starting to wonder if we are seeing some breakage in the testing system) and positivity rate is trending up a little.

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Mm yes but the Beluga Nation didnt report it. And as ive learned from our Dear Leader Donnie Trumpy if you dont report the cases, you have none!

To be fair, they haven't got any fingers to count them on.

• Haha 1

This has quickly become one of my favorite sites after a doctor pointed it out saying she uses it. They have the hospital information back which is really helpful.

Currently 22 states listed as uncontrolled spread (and 14 in trending poorly)

https://www.covidexitstrategy.org/

Glad to hear that according to the President all is well except for a few hotspots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saying the Swedish Model was a sucess except for the death is defienetly in the, "Except for that, how did you enjoy the theater Mrs. Lincoln" type statement.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, grim22 said:

WTF

I will be dancing in the streets singing DIng Dong The Witch Is Dead st the top of my voice the day that Rupert Murdoch dies.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, dudalb said:

I will be dancing in the streets singing DIng Dong The Witch Is Dead st the top of my voice the day that Rupert Murdoch dies.

That's likely on a local Fox network affiliate but that's not a Fox program.  It's one the runs across the various Sinclair owned television stations.

Edited by Horner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is the only video I could find about this Fauci/covid expose, from the official (?) channel. It currently has 4 views.

Unfortunately they only included a summary of the week in 80 seconds, but that is enough to make your brain explode in joy.

Good news: Trump has a working, exhaustive contact tracing program.
Bad news: it only works for Trump.

A Marine assigned to the military helicopter squadron responsible for transporting the president has tested positive for Covid-19, a Marine Corps spokesperson told POLITICO. The Marine, assigned to Marine Helicopter Squadron 1, was tested on Tuesday and received the positive result on Thursday, said spokesperson Capt. Joseph Butterfield, adding that the squadron administers 80 to 100 tests per week.

The squadron is sanitizing all aircraft in the squadron and beginning the process of contact tracing.

"Out of an abundance of caution, Marines who may have had contact with the infected Marine have been removed from the detachment," Butterfield said.

On 7/23/2020 at 1:13 PM, AndyK said:

Woman Refuses To Wear Mask At Bakery 'Because Pants Don't Block Fart Smells'

https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-woman-refuses-to-wear-mask-because-pants-dont-block-fart-smells-20200723?source=twitter

Shes nailed it, we should all take our pants off !

Ok, it didn't need to be taken literally.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:06 AM, Brainbug said:

One other thing that is very concerning to me: The Atlantic hurricane season will be underway from now one, most storms form in August and September. I doubt that the pandemic is even cloce to under control by then in states like Florida, Georgia or Louisiana, so the virus coupled with a big-enough hurricane could lead to total disaster. Social distancing amid a possible hurricane imo seems harder than ever.

I just want to provide an update to this. Texas is about to be hit by a relatively minor storm (but a big flooding threat), and there's another storm that's going to die out in the Caribbean in a couple days. However, there's a system expected to form in the mid-Atlantic over the next couple days, name would be Isaias, and early indications are it's going to be a doozy. Based on the data available right now, there's a strong possibility (dare I say probability) of a strong Hurricane making a SE-to-NW approach toward the (generally speaking) SE USA from the Caribbean in roughly 10 days. Still way too early for conclusive predictions, but it's definitely something to keep an eye on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Another 1,000+ day. First time since May 20-23 that US has had 4 straight days over 1,000

• Sad 1