google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

This does not look good, Its taking off again....

ac-graph-daily-covid-cases-europe-v2-1.j

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

This does not look good, Its taking off again....

What are those numbers, there are a lot more than 1k cases/day in Europe (14k+ today including 5.6k in Russia).

But yes it is getting worse in Europe, it is getting worse everywhere, even in Vietnam and China - although I would still trust them to keep the contagion at a very low level over Europe keeping this medium level once schools reopen.

Worldwide the increase in (confirmed) cases has been exponential for two months. There could be 150M+ people already infected.

Edited by MrGlass2

Dude can you imagine a legit 10% fatal pandemic in the USA with this president?

Seriously. We are looking at 90% weaker at least and it's a shit show.

If a pandemic ever like that emerges the US is looking at likely 10 million dead or more.

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

Dude can you imagine a legit 10% fatal pandemic in the USA with this president?

Seriously. We are looking at 90% weaker at least and it's a shit show.

If a pandemic ever like that emerges the US is looking at likely 10 million dead or more.

Hell we could be in Captain Trips Territory if the Government screws up as badly as this one has.

I get so sick of the calculations with 29 variables showing 1 million total deaths by next year, or eradication of the virus by September (lol).

We have no idea what the hell is going to happen in winter but magically disappearing in September and nothing returning is like believing in flying pigs.

6 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

What are those numbers, there are a lot more than 1k cases/day in Europe (14k+ today including 5.6k in Russia).

But yes it is getting worse in Europe, it is getting worse everywhere, even in Vietnam and China - although I would still trust them to keep the contagion at a very low level over Europe keeping this medium level once schools reopen.

Worldwide the increase in (confirmed) cases has been exponential for two months. There could be 150M+ people already infected.

I don't think Russia is included but yeah it doesn't look right. There's 1000+ daily cases in Spain alone. I think theres a zero missing.

The shape is worrying though.

To be honest our numbers (5600 in Russia and 915 in Ukraine) look a bit weird. People are tired of Covid and many are careless. Mask basically are only for shops with little or no enforcing.  Little or no social distancing everywhere. Beaches are crowded in my city. 

Still it's far from a total disaster i expected and deaths are very low compared to other countries.  For some regions of Russia numbers look fishy but not a whole situation. You can't hide deaths and severely ill people. 

UK has now had 5 weeks in a row where excess deaths are below the 5 year average.

COVID deaths are in single figures.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, juni78ukr said:

To be honest our numbers (5600 in Russia and 915 in Ukraine) look a bit weird. People are tired of Covid and many are careless. Mask basically are only for shops with little or no enforcing.  Little or no social distancing everywhere. Beaches are crowded in my city. 

Still it's far from a total disaster i expected and deaths are very low compared to other countries.  For some regions of Russia numbers look fishy but not a whole situation. You can't hide deaths and severely ill people. 

Iran, China, South Africa and India:

PlaintiveEmotionalAmethystsunbird-size_r

4 hours ago, AndyK said:

UK has now had 5 weeks in a row where excess deaths are below the 5 year average.

Would you mind handing out a link to that information? 

I was always wondering, if the rest of the year would make up for the peaks at one point. 

4 hours ago, AndyK said:

COVID deaths are in single figures.

No, and far from it: the 7-day average daily death toll is 64.

23 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I was always wondering, if the rest of the year would make up for the peaks at one point. 

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps

there's charts for the single countries in the bottom third of the page, with a slider on top that lets you change the timeframe.

Englands overmortality until week 21 was so big that no kind of undermortality could make up for that. Sweden had no such peak but a very loooong "ridge" and is still way above average. Other countries show no overmortality at all.

Edited by IndustriousAngel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe you remember, some weeks ago I posted a link to a planned early-warning system by testing sewage water for Covid19. In Tyrol, this system should start sometime this fall:

https://www.tt.com/artikel/17179806/coronaviren-im-abwasser-erkennen-fruehwarnsystem-in-tirol-ab-herbst-startklar

They claim the sensitivity is so good that they can spot about one infected person among a population of 10k. For my hometown (pop. about 170k) there will be five stations - four stationary, covering each about 1/4 of the population, and one mobile lab for screening single buildings or streets (e.g. nursing homes, schools ...)

The system will give very early indications if cases are on the rise somewhere. (Some virus particles will always be detected, atm we have 10 officially infected in town - so here, the sytem is more about development, not if there is any virus at all. I guess, in New Zealand, you might use it to detect every single case!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

• Like 1

Although it is obviously a concern, Spain's "second wave" is not as bad as it seems on Worldometer or in some media reports:

"Spain reported 905 new cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday, with the regions of Catalonia, Aragon and Madrid accounting for most of them.

The cumulative total number of coronavirus cases stood at 280,610, up from 278, 782 on Monday, the country’s health ministry said. That is a rise of 1,828 from the previous day, and includes results from antibody tests on people who may already have recovered."

52 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps

there's charts for the single countries in the bottom third of the page, with a slider on top that lets you change the timeframe.

Is there something similar for countries outside Europe?

Edited by MrGlass2