google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

21 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

More indignity: now Germany is beating the US at their own game.

Idiocy isnt exclusive for some countries. At least here in Germany there are already talks from the government that fines will get much more expensive for stupid people like these.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday i had a facebook fight with a russian producer and festival director. Masks and sanitizers are useless, everyone will get Covid, Sweden rules, deaths increasing in America is fake news, only your natural immunity helps. Absolutely hopeless, sick of it. Every man you know somwhow can become a covid total moron.

Edited by juni78ukr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

Yesterday i had a facebook fight with a russian producer and festival director. Masks and sanitizers are useless, everyone will get Covid, Sweden rules, deaths increasing in America is fake news, only your natural immunity helps. Absolutely hopeless, sick of it. Every man you know somwhow can become a covid total moron.

Too bad we can;t have a virus that targets idiots.

Only thing sp5reading faster then the Corona Virus is idiocy...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/01/thousands-protest-against-coronavirus-measures-in-berlin-390021

And in RUssia it's pretty clear that normal testing and safeguards for a vaccine have been tossed aside in Putin's rush for a corona vaccine. I predict this will not end well.

Edited by dudalb

55 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

Honestly speaking, I think may be world over-reacted seeing Italy. 

Corona fear is almost negligible in India and number of cases are increasing due to increased testing now.

The reported numbers are I guess 1.6mn range, I expect actual infected cases no less than 250mn.

A friend of mine, had no symptoms, he got tested, he was positive, after around 15 days without any symptoms he got well.

Just today family of dad's business partner was tested positive. Now that's because they went for testing, I am almost certain that my family's positive or may be we WERE positive, and no one showed any symotoms.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Corona fear is almost negligible in India and number of cases are increasing due to increased testing now.

The reported numbers are I guess 1.6mn range, I expect actual infected cases no less than 250mn.

A friend of mine, had no symptoms, he got tested, he was positive, after around 15 days without any symptoms he got well.

Just today family of dad's business partner was tested positive. Now that's because they went for testing, I am almost certain that my family's positive or may be we WERE positive, and no one showed any symotoms.

That's good for you and your friends/relatives. I have had 2 different second order relatives die of Covid in India and one other was hospitalized and barely made it out alive. So it's not fair to say people should be lax as they are being tbh.

• Sad 7

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's good for you and your friends/relatives. I have had 2 different second order relatives die of Covid in India and one other was hospitalized and barely made it out alive. So it's not fair to say people should be lax as they are being tbh.

Am sorry.

40 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

While it is true that a lot of people are asymptomatic or only have mild symptoms, there are still thousands upon thousands that do suffer enough that they need hospitalization. And these hospitalizations are not cheap. I have heard from multiple people, including relatives and friends as well as from news that a stay at the hopsital costs lakhs of rupees (huge amount of money for average Indians). Most people in India cannot afford that. One of my relative had to pay 3 lakh for few days stay at hospital. Another aquaintance had to spend 7 lakh. A friend of a friend had to spend 11 lakh at the hospital. These are not small amounts

Not to mention the studies coming out discovering long term brain/lung/heart damage. That alone should scare everyone including those with mild cases. 

And obviously there are those who have lost their lives. India’s and the worlds death toll is increasing everyday. Just because most people are fed up and not following safety measures does not mean tgat it is OK to do so. In fact situation is more dangerous now than it was ever before. When the lockdown started in India we had a total of 500 or so confirmed cases, right now we are getting 55000+ confirmed cases every single day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

While it is true that a lot of people are asymptomatic or only have mild symptoms, there are still thousands upon thousands that do suffer enough that they need hospitalization. And these hospitalizations are not cheap. I have heard from multiple people, including relatives and friends as well as from news that a stay at the hopsital costs lakhs of rupees (huge amount of money for average Indians). Most people in India cannot afford that. One of my relative had to pay 3 lakh for few days stay at hospital. Another aquaintance had to spend 7 lakh. A friend of a friend had to spend 11 lakh at the hospital. These are not small amounts

Not to mention the studies coming out discovering long term brain/lung/heart damage. That alone should scare everyone including those with mild cases. 

And obviously there are those who have lost their lives. India’s and the worlds death toll is increasing everyday. Just because most people are fed up and not following safety measures does not mean tgat it is OK to do so. In fact situation is more dangerous now than it was ever before. When the lockdown started in India we had a total of 500 or so confirmed cases, right now we are getting 55000+ confirmed cases every single day!

My sister in law's father, who is a doctor, was hospitalized for Covid last week. He was discharged yesterday finally. The first thing he said was "I have never seen hospitals be this bad". Everyone is apparently overworked in the Covid wards and other diseases are getting the short shrift with people not even getting normal preventative checkups and procedures done. 

It's kicking the healthcare can down the road. The lack of beds is definitely the crazier thing. He only managed to get a bed because his brother works in Aayush.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Sweden is not a good measure to argue with imo. Total excess deaths are barely higher than above average flu years for them.

However in America we are already sucking and I fear our failure with protecting schools could make this sucker DRAG on forever

Gdo, the "Overreacting" bullshit again.

Of course the guy puhsing this here is a big time Trump fanboy...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Sweden is not a good measure to argue with imo. Total excess deaths are barely higher than above average flu years for them.

However in America we are already sucking and I fear our failure with protecting schools could make this sucker DRAG on forever

Hey CD, we just has a couple of poster proposing there is nothing we can do so we might as well go back to normal and let nature take it's course.

• Haha 1

When "overreacting" means saving the lives of hundres of thousands of people then im all for overreacting.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah Trump really overreacted when he saw Italy.

And then Florida overreacted when they saw New York.

Oh well, better safe than sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Yeah Trump really overreacted when he saw Italy.

And then Florida overreacted when they saw New York.

Oh well, better safe than sorry.

I donno about your country, just telling about mine.

And yeah people died. At personal level, its fucking worst. But on national level, the lockdown has done more damage in a third world country like India than COVID where government isn't ready to provide to its people.

Just 1k people died due to lockdown, coming back to their homes on foot, thousands of miles away because government had shut down public transportation.

There was an emergency situation when daily number of cases were 100.

And now when cases are increasing by 60k no one is giving a shit. COVID isn't in News anymore, that is filled with an actor's suicide last month.

Markets are as full as they were before COVID, and markets in 3rd world country like India are shit.

Only things closed in India are Cinemas and schools. 

So yeah, my country over-reacted and now not even caring.

Also Fuck Trump.

https://abc13.com/health/houston-doctor-says-hes-fighting-2-wars-covid-19-and-stupidity/6345045/

Dr. Joseph Varon is among the medical professionals who are alarmed at the growing deaths from the virus. But he said people choosing not to listen to guidance on how to stop the spread of COVID-19 makes the fight harder.

"My motto has been, you know, at the present time, I'm pretty much fighting two wars: a war against COVID and a war against stupidity. And the problem is that the first one I have some hope about winning. But the second one is becoming more and more difficult to treat. Why do I say that? Because people are not listening. Whether it's backed up by science or just plain old common sense, people are not listening throughout the country," Varon said.

"I have been in the middle of earthquakes, in the middle of bombings, in the middle of tsunamis. I've been involved in every possible catastrophe that you can imagine. And by far, this is the worst. And this is the worst because this is a continuous situation," Varon said. "And what is probably the most disappointing thing, the thing that annoys me the most, is that we keep on doing our best to save all these people, and then you get another batch of people that are doing exactly the opposite of what you are telling them not to do."

• Like 1

Melbourne going into Stage 4 lockdown from 6pm tonight (about 3 hours from now). 8pm to 5am curfew. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, A Marvel Fanboy said:

exactly

probably more than 1B people worldwide are inffected already. 

A couple of pages ago you say that Sweden has achieved herd immunity.  No source.

Now you say that 1 billion people are "probably" infected.  No source.  This would be a 100 fold increase in reported cases worldwide.

Am I missing something?  I thought misinformation was discouraged here.

Edit: That should be about 50 times more.  2 orders of magnitude compared to currently reported cases.

Edited by Sanderson
inaccurate wording
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1