google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

14 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Hahahaha

exactly.

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps

the UK nations are at the bottom of the page (alphabetically); Wales is missing somehow but if you compare England to Northern Ireland and Scotland, there's absolutely no way you can interpret them as "in line" with England.

Mind, euromomo tracks overall mortality, not Covid19. So, I guess it's entirely possible that a lethal, hitherto unknown disease, or maybe a wave of mushroom poisonings, swept through England starting with week 11, and didn't affect the other nations, which at the same time were hit by Covid19. Ockham, however, leads me to suspect that England was, in fact, hit by Covid19, only much harder than its neighbors ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some people's attempts to make thie virus somehow less deadly then it is are getting really pathetic.

1 hour ago, IndustriousAngel said:

exactly.

the UK nations are at the bottom of the page (alphabetically); Wales is missing somehow but if you compare England to Northern Ireland and Scotland, there's absolutely no way you can interpret them as "in line" with England.

Mind, euromomo tracks overall mortality, not Covid19. So, I guess it's entirely possible that a lethal, hitherto unknown disease, or maybe a wave of mushroom poisonings, swept through England starting with week 11, and didn't affect the other nations, which at the same time were hit by Covid19. Ockham, however, leads me to suspect that England was, in fact, hit by Covid19, only much harder than its neighbors ...

England was counting anybody who had ever had a positive Covid test as a Covid death even if the test was 5 months ago and they died by getting knocked over by a bus yesterday.

Under Englands definition, nobody who had ever had Covid+ test could ever recover, eventually everybody would die of Covid.

Under the new definition, if the Covid+ test occurred more than 28 days before death, it is no longer recorded as a Covid death unless it actually was a Covid death as recorded on the death certificate.

England now has the same method of recording as Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and most European countries, which results in fewer deaths attributed to Covid.

It also brings into line PHE daily figures and rolling average(which has been getting progressively more inaccurate) with the official ONS data which has always been correct.

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

exactly.

Keep in mind, that people were not too excited to go to the emergency room for many weeks during the pandemic. 

https://www.health.org.uk/news-and-comment/charts-and-infographics/visits-to-a-e-departments-in-england-in-april-2020-fell-by-57

3 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

, there's absolutely no way you can interpret them as "in line" with England.

I thought that what they mean with in line was with how to count covid death, not with how many by capita they had or anything like that.

UK government review reduces coronavirus death toll by more than 5,000, to 41,329

It is the British can-do spirit, soon zero people will have died from covid.

pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Covid has made my dog blowup!

8 pounds to 38 in 14 weeks. Kidding but damn she eats sooooo much

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since we can never figured out how many people got Covid-19, why not just focus on the number of hospitalized case, and their death?

First major COVID casuality in India. Former president Pranab Mukherjee died this morning.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

New Trump coronavirus adviser thinks that lockdown impedes herd immunity.  

"In the absence of immunization, society needs circulation of the virus, assuming high-risk people can be isolated," he wrote in an op-ed for The Hill in April. "It is very possible that whole-population isolation prevented natural herd immunity from developing.

During this interview Atlas also said that it was perfectly safe for the college football season to start this fall. He said that athletes would be in a "very sophisticated environment" to prevent the spread of the disease, and claimed that being "physical specimens" meant there was "virtually zero risk" of the virus hurting them.

According to a pool report from the event, Atlas said that the "risk of the disease is extremely low for children, even less than that of seasonal flu" and that the "harms of locking out the children from school are enormous."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/meet-trumps-coronavirus-adviser-dr-125550223.html

• ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

New York care home deaths cover up?

https://apnews.com/212ccd87924b6906053703a00514647f?

That seem a bit of zero-sum (if not negative game to play).

I get in a way why especially if they are state run, you want to push state run nursing home death into non state run nursing home death.

But arguably the less elderly with strong health issue heavy you death count is, the worst it look, not better.

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That seem a bit of zero-sum (if not negative game to play).

I get in a way why especially if they are state run, you want to push state run nursing home death into non state run nursing home death.

But arguably the less elderly with strong health issue heavy you death count is, the worst it look, not better.

I'm not familiar with the care home setup in the US.

But I gather from the article some politiking is happening between rep and dem states on care home deaths.

It appears in New York, care home residents were shoveled into hospitals to stop them being registered as care home deaths after a policy of dumping Covid patients into care homes caused the care home outbreaks in the first place.

I don't think it changes the overall death count.

3 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I'm not familiar with the care home setup in the US.

But I gather from the article some politiking is happening between rep and dem states on care home deaths.

It appears in New York, care home residents were shoveled into hospitals to stop them being registered as care home deaths after a policy of dumping Covid patients into care homes caused the care home outbreaks in the first place.

I don't think it changes the overall death count.

Yes, it's partly politics and doesn't actually change deaths.  Old people vote more than any other age block, so if you convince old people you left them out to dry, that would be bad for you.

Although, I think it's also partly trying to figure out Covid best practices before round 2.  Was the death rate in NY vs FL so catastrophically higher b/c they got the 1st outbreak when we were unprepared or b/c they made the worse decisions, or part of column a and b (and if it's both, how much does each play - that might be impossible to figure out, but comparing the nursing home deaths in each state as they truly are might help...especially since that age level makes up the bulk of deaths in both states)...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cannastop said:

General Sherman, where are you when we need you?

Finding out more about Dr Atlas, the new virus advisor. He is a believer in Herd Immunity, thinks Covid should be spread as quickly as possible, and thinks 8% death rate is acceptable

Be  Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

and thinks 8% death rate is acceptable

That sound hard to believe (that 25 million american death is acceptable to him and would say so publicly)

Covid vacation number three.

A giant yurt in the middle of nowhere outside of Salem Oregon. Pretty awesome actually

• Like 1