DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

Finding out more about Dr Atlas, the new virus advisor. He is a believer in Herd Immunity, thinks Covid should be spread as quickly as possible, and thinks 8% death rate is acceptable

Be  Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

His name is ironic considering he's throwing the Earth into a black abyss not holding it above his shoulders. 

FDA approves use of new cheaper saliva Covid test

Tinstletown in Oklahoma has opened back up again. I wasn't expecting theatres to come alive again after the continual delayed starting dates but they did and Regal opens up next week. I was looking at the Cinemark app and checking how they arranged seating and it was every other row blocked off and when you do select a seat in the available row it auto blocks off the next two seats on either side if applicable. MMkay. I can deal. Didn't see anything today though. Maybe later or another day. 

• Like 1
On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 7:47 AM, dudalb said:

Finding out more about Dr Atlas, the new virus advisor. He is a believer in Herd Immunity, thinks Covid should be spread as quickly as possible, and thinks 8% death rate is acceptable

Be  Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

8% of death rate is acceptable???

That would be equivalent to New York population!

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The Horrible heatwave in the American West is likely to make the covid spread worse.

I went to packed beaches and rubbed up on everyone and coughed lots, just kidding :D

I went to very remote beaches, everyone was 6 feet from each other. Went well. Oregon where we stayed was 100 degrees, but the coast 80 minutes away was 78

9 hours ago, cdsacken said:

I went to packed beaches and rubbed up on everyone and coughed lots, just kidding :D

I went to very remote beaches, everyone was 6 feet from each other. Went well. Oregon where we stayed was 100 degrees, but the coast 80 minutes away was 78

Most people are indoors avoiding the heat, air conditioning is the enemy, 

In other news, looking at worldometer and seeing Germany at double the number of deaths and new cases than the UK for yesterday is quite surreal.

Edited by AndyK
  • Astonished 1

The benefits of mass testing and rigorous contact tracing:

10 hours ago, grim22 said:

Who could have foreseen this??

Unfortunately, the county I live in - Cherokee Co, GA - can beat that all by itself. It went back to school on August 3rd. Currently 3 of our 6 HS's are virtual through Aug 31st because of outbreaks and as of yesterday we had 2,200 students (out of a 42,000 total, and 32,000 that chose to be in school) currently quarantined (so about 7% of those who were in school). And that is after 150 cleared their 2 week quarantine on Monday and can go back to school. We do have fewer teachers quarantined and confirmed cases than MS as a whole.

• Sad 1

I don't like this virus. My daughter has let me know she intends to marry a boy at her school she talks about incessantly. She says they like all of the same things, and he told her and I quote (he wanted to fall in love but he already has....). She gives him air kisses because of the virus.

She's 5....lol yikes

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, cdsacken said:

I don't like this virus. My daughter has let me know she intends to marry a boy at her school she talks about incessantly. She says they like all of the same things, and he told her and I quote (he wanted to fall in love but he already has....). She gives him air kisses because of the virus.

She's 5....lol yikes

the virus has been known to cause severe brain damage but in this age group, chances at recovery are pretty good. Just wait until after puberty :)

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, cdsacken said:

She's 5....lol yikes

Looks like this virus triggers hormones production unexpectedly.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 1