DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Article from CNN on the early battles over masks and mitigation efforts in the Executive Branch.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/white-house-face-masks-coronavirus-culture/index.html

It is a perfect distillation of what I like to call Trump's desire to  'play a President on TV' rather than be the President.

Bubble time. 

Trump and Melania just tested positive for COVID (presumably catching it from Hope Hicks, who tested positive yesterday).

:ohmygod:

29 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Trump and Melania just tested positive for COVID (presumably catching it from Hope Hicks, who tested positive yesterday).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

2020 is full of surprises , its only October

Edited by Ryan Reynolds
  • Like 1

I don't wish it on any one, but if he gets symptoms he might start taking things seriously and stop being a prize twat.

Small hope.....

• Like 1

Meanwhile in NSW. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think one can hope Trump makes it out unscathed while also recognizing that given his piss poor handling of the crisis and putting himself, his administration and his followers in the virus’s way nearly daily through huge, unmasked rallies it’s kinda baffling in hindsight it took this long.

If this doesn’t spur the U.S as a whole to take the virus more seriously, frankly, nothing will.

Edited by cookie

Posted (edited)

given how good Trump is at admitting errors, I don't see much chance

Edited by IndustriousAngel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AndyK said:

I don't wish it on any one, but if he gets symptoms he might start taking things seriously and stop being a prize twat.

Small hope.....

Even if he gets on the brink of death, hed downplay the virus anyway. Admitting that the virus is dangerous would mean Trump would have to admit that he was wrong. That is something this garbage human buffoon is incapable of.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, cookie said:

I think one can hope Trump makes it out unscathed while also recognizing that given his piss poor handling of the crisis and putting himself, his administration and his followers in the virus’s way nearly daily through huge, unmasked rallies it’s kinda baffling in hindsight it took this long.

Unfortunately he’s incapable of that sort of self-reflection. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cookie said:

If this doesn’t spur the U.S as a whole to take the virus more seriously, frankly, nothing will.

nothing will.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Unfortunately he’s incapable of that sort of self-reflection. 

Oh, I meant that one who wishes good health for Trump should also recognize that he and his administration put him in this position in the first place through their own sheer negligence. I doubt Trump himself would do that level of introspection.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cookie said:

Why would it, when the people who have been doing the right things will continue to do so?  The people who need to take this more seriously are not going to be convinced.  Those not taking any precautions will continue not doing so...because they have no common sense.  They will perversely see Trump as a "martyr" for their cause.  "He suffered so that we could remain free."

Truly awful stuff, but that's where we're sitting. 

15 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Karma's a bitch, ain't it Donnie?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cannastop said:

And, as biological warfare experts have stated time and time again, Covid is just a lousy biological weapon. You want something that will have a much higher death rate and will target young people of military age, not older people.

• Like 1

Trump going to Walter reed Medical center.

We are in uncharted waters,folks.

SO Trump's light at the end of the tunnel  with Covid turned out to be the headlights of a oncoming  train.