DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

What we are witnessing is the single biggest crisis the entertainment industry has ever faced. Not an exaggeration. There's no comparing the size, influence, and relative finances of the industry today to hiccups during prior World Wars and the such.

Films will be delayed for months, or in the case of F9 and I'm sure more to come, a year. Films currently being produced will need to go on pause. Audience habits will change, people will get more used to streaming over theaters when there are no theaters to go to, or no movies to watch in public. Those habits will change and become permanent. That was the trend we've been on already, this virus will simply accelerate that transition.

The industry, as a whole, will be unrecognizable on the other end of this.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

What we are witnessing is the single biggest crisis the entertainment industry has ever faced. Not an exaggeration. There's no comparing the size, influence, and relative finances of the industry today to hiccups during prior World Wars and the such.

Films will be delayed for months, or in the case of F9 and I'm sure more to come, a year. Films currently being produced will need to go on pause. Audience habits will change, people will get more used to streaming over theaters when there are no theaters to go to, or no movies to watch in public. Those habits will change and become permanent. That was the trend we've been on already, this virus will simply accelerate that transition.

The industry, as a whole, will be unrecognizable on the other end of this.

i never would've guessed the last movie i'd ever see in a cinema would be sonic the hedgehog.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

California is recommending measures that would defacto shut down movie theaters:

Californians should cancel or postpone events with more than 250 people, while smaller gatherings should space people at least 6 feet apart to avoid spreading coronavirus, California Gov. Gavin Newsom and top health officials announced Wednesday night.

It is now a recommendation, but pretty clear the underlying threat is if there is not voluntary compliance, it will become a order.

Just checked and new cases in China are at an all time low. Just 18 today. It's exploding in Europe and US tho.

Posted (edited)

12239 positive in italy i

+2200 today

Edited by fabiopazzo2

Honestly, I'm more interested in seeing what studios will do with Never Rarely Sometimes Always, Promising Young Woman, Antlers, Saint Maud, etc. Are they gonna delay these movies too or will they just go to streaming?

• Astonished 1

32 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

The Senate is going to fucking recess. I can’t believe this shit. 

My god, they are handing the Dems ammunition for the fall....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

ITALY
🔴 #Coronavirus, national update at 18

• Current cases: 12,839 (+2,249 since yesterday)
• Died: 1,016 (+189)
• Healed: 1,258 (+213)
• Hospitalized in Intensive Care: 1.153 (+125)

Total cases: 15,113 (+2,651, + 21.3%)

🔴 #Coronavirus, elaborations based on the national update at 18:

• Total lethality: 6.72%
• Intensive care patients: 8.98% of current cases / 7.63% of total cases

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Sad 9

And I see the Markets are in freefall;Trump's speech backfired bigtime.

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Honestly, I'm more interested in seeing what studios will do with Never Rarely Sometimes Always, Promising Young Woman, Antlers, Saint Maud, etc. Are they gonna delay these movies too or will they just go to streaming?

I imagine it'll all depend on if there are mass closings in LA and NYC given those are the big movie states (by far).

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

And I see the Markets are in freefall;Trump's speech backfired bigtime.

In the course of the past 20 minutes, the Dow went from (ballpark) -2,000, up to -900, back down now to -1500

• Haha 1

You know, I've heard over the past few months people calling Trudeau "fascist" or "Hitler" or "David Duke" or "the worst 'member' of humanity". And I don't think he's perfect. But when you look at who Canada has as a leader versus the United States, I feel a lot safer about the Coronavirus under Trudeau's government that under Trump's. 

• Like 1

I think the studios have to just bite the bullet and put their movies on streaming. Have a $30-40 pay wall and call it a day. 

Cause all these postpones are getting crazy and it makes me kind of cringe that Disney is using Mulan as an experiment into whether or not to move Black Widow. A movie that's budget is over 200 million dollars solely being used as an experiment is really a weird move on Disney's part.

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Holy shit is this United States??? That's a HUGE increase rom when I last checked. 

Just now, DAJK said:

Holy shit is this United States??? That's a HUGE increase rom when I last checked. 

It's Italy.

5 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I'm so sorry. Stay safe please 🙏

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Italy dude

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

You know, I've heard over the past few months people calling Trudeau "fascist" or "Hitler" or "David Duke" or "the worst 'member' of humanity". And I don't think he's perfect. But when you look at who Canada has as a leader versus the United States, I feel a lot safer about the Coronavirus under Trudeau's government that under Trump's. 

At least Trudeau is not a total idiot.

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

Italy dude

My bad, apologies I did not read your location on your profile. I hope you're doing well, please stay safe!

4 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

In the course of the past 20 minutes, the Dow went from (ballpark) -2,000, up to -900, back down now to -1500

Better to laugh than cry I suppose