DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

On 10/30/2020 at 7:42 PM, cookie said:

Yeah, if there's one thing that has me worried about a Trump loss is that he and his crew would spend the interim period pretty much abandoning any shred of responsibility they still had and let COVID run wild so Biden has a bigger mess to clean up come January.

This was mentioned in the politics section the other day but the administration actually tried to put together a celebrity-filled PSA for COVID that was really just a last ditch effort to gain support for Trump by downplaying it and talking about what a great job he's done (even though it's no secret he's incredibly unpopular within the industry and most of his base hates Hollywood and doesn't watch movies/TV shows because they believe it's full of evil Democrats) where pretty much everyone either declined or couldn't even bother to respond either way (which was over 90% of the people on the list). Really just goes to show how desperate and unable to read any room this entire administration really is.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/trum-admin-celebrity-covid-psa

These past few days have been brutal in terms of case numbers, and regardless of what happens on Tuesday, it's not going to get any better for these next couple of months. All we can do is try and keep ourselves (and those around us) as safe as possible.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

Interesting data on Hotel Quarantine in NSW.

NSW Police said as of 7:00am on Thursday, October 29, there were more than 5,100 people in the state's quarantine hotels.

Since March 29, more than 82,000 people have arrived at Sydney Airport and been placed in NSW's hotel quarantine program.

NSW Health data shows that 12.1 per cent (111 cases) of the positive cases were in travellers arriving from Pakistan, followed by India (11.7 per cent, 107 cases), USA (10.6 per cent, 97 cases) and 8.8 per cent (81 cases) from the UK.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-02/nsw-coronavirus-cases-in-quarantine-hotels-double/12827284

On 10/30/2020 at 4:42 PM, cookie said:

Yeah, if there's one thing that has me worried about a Trump loss is that he and his crew would spend the interim period pretty much abandoning any shred of responsibility they still had and let COVID run wild so Biden has a bigger mess to clean up come January.

No diferent then what they have been dooing for the past few months.

• Like 1

Avg cases crosses 80K - increasing 10K per week.😭 Going to hit 1 Fauci this week in all likelohood. Might hit 60K hospitalizations by my birthday (14th)

For the first time since the pandemic started, there are over 10.000 reported deaths worldwide today.

Although: That number is inflated by Spains 1600+ deaths today of which the majority is an update of the overall numbers.

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

1.03 Fauci baby

it was also mentioned that the US is on track to match his summer hospitalization high in about a week.

24 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

it was also mentioned that the US is on track to match his summer hospitalization high in about a week.

100k hospitalizations or the 3rd wave is overhyped 👀

second straight 100K/1K day for ths US

Weekly increases are quite bad. look like we will be avg over 1K deaths per day within a week or so.

I am betting that in a couple of weeks Fauci will lmake an appreance with Biden.

Guys, does anyone know how 14 day quarantine work? I'll be quarantined due to travel outside of the country, upon return. Do they even let you walk around your own yard? I'm scared. It's supposedly tough and they send police to your house to check in on you. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Guys, does anyone know how 14 day quarantine work? I'll be quarantined due to travel outside of the country, upon return. Do they even let you walk around your own yard? I'm scared. It's supposedly tough and they send police to your house to check in on you. 

What country?