DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Thanks. I meant more if anyone around here had personal experience with the quarantine after travelling (means they were covid-19 negative but still had to stay locked up) that can tell me about but thanks for the helpful link! :)

My mother traveled and had a 14 day quarantine. We live in the US, though, in Michigan. Here it is entirely on the honor system (or was, now that the quarantine requirement has been lifted). If she had gone somewhere and interacted with police I bet it would have come up on her info that she was supposed to be in quarantine, but nobody visited or did anything like that to make sure she was following it. My father was also in quarantine with her even though he didn't travel.

Here they could go into their yard but had to stay at home. They were not supposed to have any visitors, so my family and I stayed away until the two weeks was over.

My advice is to look up your local requirements since these things are going to vary from place to place.

Things keep getting worse. Another all time high in cases. Hospitalizations are going to hit their highest level ever within a week. Deaths continue to increase. 

Also, a Harvard epidemiologist says he would not surprised if caseloads double in the next month

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-11-06-20-intl/h_191b160273842e02447054b60b1c2e6f

What's most concerning is we are starting to see shortages of not just supplies but staff. And with so many more areas being affected there is less ability for doctors and nurses to move around. There will come a point where death rates will really start to spike if we run out of medical personnel to take care of people.

• Sad 1

This is anecdotal, but I am hearing regular ambulance sirens, at least once a day, and also helicopters. I assume these are COVID cases with patients in distress or being transferred. Not good.

MI hit an all time record of 5,700 cases today. I expect 10k cases a day some time next week.

10 hours ago, doublejack said:

My mother traveled and had a 14 day quarantine. We live in the US, though, in Michigan. Here it is entirely on the honor system (or was, now that the quarantine requirement has been lifted). If she had gone somewhere and interacted with police I bet it would have come up on her info that she was supposed to be in quarantine, but nobody visited or did anything like that to make sure she was following it. My father was also in quarantine with her even though he didn't travel.

Here they could go into their yard but had to stay at home. They were not supposed to have any visitors, so my family and I stayed away until the two weeks was over.

My advice is to look up your local requirements since these things are going to vary from place to place.

Big thanks, man! This is exactly what I was looking for. :)

• Like 1

Thanksgiving in the US is going to be a huge spreader for the Covid, sadly.

But at least we will have in the US a President  who will actually fight the virus...

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

But at least we will have in the US a President  who will actually fight the virus...

Yeah, but only in January. Till then, Trump will probably (out of pure spite) ensure that nothing gets done to stop the spread.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Denmark now being sealed off after the mink farm outbreak jumps back to humans with a mutated spike protein.

Army being deployed to destroy 17 million Mink.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

4th straight day with 100K+ cases and 1K+ deaths. For the week testing up 8% , cases up 29%, Hospitalizations up 15%, Deaths up 14%, Positivity rate back up over 7% (7.11). Over 10,000 now in ICU.

9 hours ago, cookie said:

I doubt nothing meaningful can be done since they only officially in office in Mid-Jan..

By that time, the harshest season will be almost over

@Jason

Seems like Ford and co have given up in Ontario right? We seem pretty screwed with case counts rising and easing of restrictions? And those new lockdown metrics are a joke right? 

Fuck, first covid case in my family (at least that we know of). Just found out earlier that my grandad got covid.

• Sad 9

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Fuck, first covid case in my family (at least that we know of). Just found out earlier that my grandad got covid.

hope it's not too bad. From those about 10 cases I personally knew, only one had serious trouble (not intensive care but still) ... all others recovered pretty well.

• Thanks 1

7 day case avg is now over 100K. Largest number of cases ever on a Sunday and CA did not get their data produced in time to be included.

26 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

I heard it's gonna be 50 mil doses available for by the end of the year, which would be enough for 25 mil vaccinations. If most of that's for the US, that might get most essential workers and elderly population (75+) covered soon.

• Like 3