DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Holy shit is this United States??? That's a HUGE increase rom when I last checked. 

For the past week, US health officials have warned that as testing begins,new cases will be found and  the numbers are going to skyrocket. 

Edited by dudalb

Other provinces will probably follow. How does the 250 people thing work for theaters? Can't imagine many people lining up movies now anyways.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-13-cases-now-confirmed-in-quebec-1.4850195

Thursday, Quebec Premier François Legault asked that anyone returning from travels abroad self-isolate for 14 days and monitor themselves for symptoms such as fever, coughing and difficulty breathing.

He adds the measure will be mandatory for all government employees.

Legault notes he is also asking organizers to cancel all indoor events of more than 250 people, as well as large gatherings that are not 'essential.'

Fuck I actually had to get mad at my friend because he literally texted me the AQP news followed by "I just hope this kills as many old people as possible so we have less idiot voters in the next election".

Are you fucking kidding me?

Hoping for the sweeping death of an entire population demographic? Because they don't align with you politically?

I'm sorry but that is such a dangerous way of thinking. Not to mention insensitive. I bet if your grandma got sick you wouldn't be too happy if I said "I hope she dies bro". Seriously, the way people are treating this like some kind of weapon or joke is utterly disgusting, and I may lose friends if this keeps up. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

You all are up for surprise. 

Indian Government has tested very few people as of now. 

I think India already have more than 20k+ coronavirus cases but reported are only 73.

Most of the Indians will take it as flu. Very horrible situation here. 

I was fool to believe in government. 

Social Media is hot but ground position is cool here. I think it will pass. I mean we saw how much people cared about it on Holi day.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Not surprising. I was thinking, before network series the late night shows will be the first to go. But I suppose writers and some staff can work from home. With a skeleton crew and no audience, late night can go for a while as long as the hosts don't get sick.

It's already happening, this is going fast:

All New York-based late-night shows on Wednesday announced that they were not going to employ studio audience starting Monday, citing similar guidance on public gatherings from New York City officials. The major Los Angeles-based late-night shows, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Late Late Show with James CordenA Little Late with Lilly Singh and Real Time with Bill Maher, have not moved in to remove audiences. (Most of the top LA-based daytime shows, led by Ellen and Dr. Phil, already are going temporarily audience-free.)

https://deadline.com/2020/03/california-gov-gavin-newsom-moratorium-large-gatherings-slow-coronavirus-outbreak-hollywood-impact-1202880622/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stewart said:

At this rate it might be the only movie playing

That's the plan.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, DAJK said:

jesus Christ the US government...

Image result for that's one big pile of shit gif

3rd World Citizen: "White people privilege".

I will open heartedly swap US administration with Indian.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

Will this turn out to be the biggest global pandemic since like, 1918 flu? 

2 minutes ago, LeoC said:

Will this turn out to be the biggest global pandemic since like, 1918 flu? 

hope not.... flu 1918 happen for full 2years and almost 100 million dead....

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Fuck I actually had to get mad at my friend because he literally texted me the AQP news followed by "I just hope this kills as many old people as possible so we have less idiot voters in the next election".

Are you fucking kidding me?

Hoping for the sweeping death of an entire population demographic? Because they don't align with you politically?

I'm sorry but that is such a dangerous way of thinking. Not to mention insensitive. I bet if your grandma got sick you wouldn't be too happy if I said "I hope she dies bro". Seriously, the way people are treating this like some kind of weapon or joke is utterly disgusting, and I may lose friends if this keeps up. 

This a time when everyone's politics should take a backseat. Everyone should be working in harmony to get through this.

Your friend's comment is more stupidity than politics, but you get my point.

NHL has been suspended, looks like MLB will follow soon.

In Spain, La Liga has been suspended for 2 weeks at least

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Here comes the pause in film production. Expect these dominos to fall quickly over the next week.

"Ryan Murphy’s ‘The Prom’ Film Shuts Down Production Over Coronavirus Concerns"

https://deadline.com/2020/03/coronavirus-ryan-murphy-postponed-nicole-kidman-meryl-streep-the-prom-netflix-paramount-1202880967/

Blockbusters shooting now and soon are in for the rudest of awakenings.

I was scheduled to interview for a pilot that was shooting at the end of April. I haven’t heard anything but at this point I have to assume it’s gettin significantly delayed. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

3rd World Citizen: "White people privilege".

I will open heartedly swap US administration with Indian.

Just exchanging one authoratairn nut job for another.

No wonder Trump and Modi get along so well...

38 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Damn it, this is the first movie news related to the virus that actually makes me sad. Was really excited for this movie.

I think CGI heavy movies that are already half way through shooting like Shang Chi, The Batman, Jurassic World 3, Matrix 4 will wrap up location shoots pretty soon and move onto soundstage work (and both the WB films and JW 3 can afford a production delay without delaying the release dates because of early production starts). Movies that will be shot prominently on location like Mission Impossible 7 though might have problems. Movies that haven't even started production like Dr Strange 2 will too.

Soundstage shooting means hundreds of people contained in an enclosed location for long hours every day. It’s just as bad an environment (if not worse) in terms of getting sick. Productions will shut down or go into long hiatuses instead. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

NHL has been suspended, looks like MLB will follow soon.

In Spain, La Liga has been suspended for 2 weeks at least

California wil probably adapt measure that would de facto shut down most theaters.

And I live around five miles from the Golden One Pavilion in Sacramento, where the Kings/Pelicans game got shut down last because of the virus. Fun Times.

1 minute ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Soundstage shooting means hundreds of people contained in an enclosed location for long hours every day. It’s just as bad an environment (if not worse) in terms of getting sick. Productions will shut down or go into long hiatuses instead. 

I was thinking the recommended measures that the California State Board of Health brought out might have an impact not only on theaters but on actual productions.

I am still a little shaken from the Golden One Arena in Sacramento shutdown last night.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Fuck, you're right. 2021 could end up being just as bad 2020. I think The Batman, Matrix, and JW FK could still make their summer dates considering their early production starts. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are the only summer blockbusters releasing next year.