google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

If mass shootings exhibited rapid exponential growth when ignored, eventually people would care enough to stop them.

As I just stated, I think we are seeing people indulging in being all cool and edgy and full of fashoinable despair, which has always been popular among high school and college age people. They have read too many distopian YA novels.

Edited by dudalb

The US is fucked and has terrible government. Trump doesn’t give a shit after losing which is expected. The leaders in Congress don’t care and are just approving more judges lol. This pandemic has really showed how terrible the US government is in comparison to other countries in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, YLF said:

The US is fucked and has terrible government. Trump doesn’t give a shit after losing which is expected. The leaders in Congress don’t care and are just approving more judges lol. This pandemic has really showed how terrible the US government is in comparison to other countries in the world. 

Did he ever to begin with?

Speaking of which...I thought this disease was supposed to be a hoax that would disappear after November 3rd. And yet here we are reaching terrifying new heights each day in terms of case numbers. Odd.

It's gonna be a brutal winter. 200K+ cases a day isn't too far off at the rate we're going.

The Holidays will be a bloodbath , i know deaths are somewhat low, because young people don't care, but so many superspreader holidays coming up, old people won't survive ☹️

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

Did he ever to begin with?

Speaking of which...I thought this disease was supposed to be a hoax that would disappear after November 3rd. And yet here we are reaching terrifying new heights each day in terms of case numbers. Odd.

It's gonna be a brutal winter. 200K+ cases a day isn't too far off at the rate we're going.

Yeah, I got into it with my brother who is a Trump Train person a couple of days ago. I refused to engage on Halloween when he made mention that it will probably all disappear after Nov 3. But after he responded to an email I had sent out to my family abouth the Pfizer vaccine I couldn't hold my tongue anymore. 

i got the whole host of hits - the we can't afford another shutdown strawman, the I don't believe the numbers - scientists are not being accurate, they still don't know about the virus, 

I also got the I have a right to my opinions and the right to vote for whoever i want to. And i said I absolutely agree with you on both of those things - but you don't have a right to your own facts. There is a process to determining a fact, it's not a fact just because someone says it, or 10,000 people say it, or it is said 10,000 times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just coming here to bring good news:

In France the number of new daily cases has been in strong decline this week compared to the last one, today we got 20K cases compared to 60K last friday. It's working, the peak has been reached and health infrastructures will held on. Belgium and Germany seem to be on the right path.

The gap between Europe and USA is gonna be massive in December and January as one place took measures and the other didn't.

I just came here to deliver this, I'm sure you guys need this a little bit as

Spoiler

you seem doom & gloom because of the US situation (rightfully so, I wish you the best).

Let's have a little dance to delebrate positive news:

DAD02B0E23AF09845C80D22BFBBC8C6CC3AD3A7B

:D

Edited by Fullbuster

As was expeced, Trump's Corona VIrus update is one  lie after another.

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Just coming here to bring good news:

In France the number of new daily cases has been in strong decline this week compared to the last one, today we got 20K cases compared to 60K last friday. It's working, the peak has been reached and health infrastructures will held on. Belgium and Germany seem to be on the right path.

The gap between Europe and USA is gonna be massive in December and January as one place took measures and the other didn't.

I just came here to deliver this, I'm sure you guys need this a little bit as

Reveal hidden contents

Let's have a little dance to delebrate positive news:

DAD02B0E23AF09845C80D22BFBBC8C6CC3AD3A7B

:D

I feel like France didn't have a super high opinion of macron but at least in regards to the virus he seems very proactive in responsive. What do you think?

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

I feel like France didn't have a super high opinion of macron but at least in regards to the virus he seems very proactive in responsive. What do you think?

For what it's worth Macron has been more popular than his 2 predecessors so he's really not in a bad place at all, actually the Covid management from March-April increased his popularity and then it stagnated ever since...again it's not a bad place to be given how unpopular former presidents were.

As for my personal opinion of his management, well, it wasn't perfect but he did what he had to do in a very uncertain environment so it was good. The only problem with him was the way he managed the end of the lockdown: he lifted the restrictions too fast and it boosted those citizens who were willing to think Covid went away.

In the end France had a relatively good reaction to the crisis, flawed but ultimately they did what they had to do when it mattered so I can't complain.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

This is not talked about enough 

My wife had Covid back in late March. 

She had outpatient surgery today.  Shes had plenty of surgeries before and never had problems before.   We are now on hour 7 in the recovery room.  If shes not on oxygen her levels drop down to the low 80s.  Luckily we have oxygen at home or she'd be spending the night. 

After the anasteologist found out she had had Covid they had to make sure there was a room available because its not unusual for former Covid patients to have issues like this

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

This is not talked about enough 

My wife had Covid back in late March. 

She had outpatient surgery today.  Shes had plenty of surgeries before and never had problems before.   We are now on hour 7 in the recovery room.  If shes not on oxygen her levels drop down to the low 80s.  Luckily we have oxygen at home or she'd be spending the night. 

After the anasteologist found out she had had Covid they had to make sure there was a room available because its not unusual for former Covid patients to have issues like this

Absolutely, the amount of younger people who will have been nonchalant about this* as if it won’t really affect them are probably going to be in for a rude awakening in the years to come when the COVID after effects hit them.

*I’m not saying your wife was being nonchalant or anything there by the way, hope she gets better soon.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Absolutely, the amount of younger people who will have been nonchalant about this* as if it won’t really affect them are probably going to be in for a rude awakening in the years to come when the COVID after effects hit them.

*I’m not saying your wife was being nonchalant or anything there by the way, hope she gets better soon.

We just has one poster who copped a "Nothing we can do about Covid, so why even try" attitude recently.

I now that that doom filled angst is considered a "cool and edgy" attitude to have, but it mkight be doing some real damage.

• Like 1