google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

But everything is going great, according to Trump

s press conference today.

1 hour ago, AndyLL said:

This is not talked about enough 

My wife had Covid back in late March. 

She had outpatient surgery today.  Shes had plenty of surgeries before and never had problems before.   We are now on hour 7 in the recovery room.  If shes not on oxygen her levels drop down to the low 80s.  Luckily we have oxygen at home or she'd be spending the night. 

After the anasteologist found out she had had Covid they had to make sure there was a room available because its not unusual for former Covid patients to have issues like this

Ugh, I’m so sorry. Please give her our best. 🙏

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Ugh, I’m so sorry. Please give her our best. 🙏

Her? 

She just slept most of the time.  I had to sit in a hospital waiting room for 10 hours. :ph34r:

Spoiler

She should be fine.  The just removed her chronically inflamed appendix.  More of a preventive surgery than required.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyLL said:

Her? 

She just slept most of the time.  I had to sit in a hospital waiting room for 10 hours. :ph34r:

Hide contents

She should be fine.  The just removed her chronically inflamed appendix.  More of a preventive surgery than required.  

But..But....It's a Hoax......

4 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

Positive rate is going up and up. 25k deaths per week before you know it.

Perhaps America will be stupid and not take drastic action. I certainly hope not.

I would say that it's unlikely to jump that high but the president in the United States isn't doing anything to prevent it from happening.

I hope people use this experience to realize how evil and nasty and manipulative Elon Musk is. He spent today saying covid tests were fake or inaccurate and that hospitals are getting rich of testing. 

At this point I'm just hoping my wife keeps her job. Over 15% of medical staff was fired or furloughed.

I don't want to rush the vaccine but their volumes are in the toilet. If anyone wants this to be fake it's me. They make me fucking sick. I will never forgive Republicans and the antivax/antivcovid crowd.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

Ground zero in Europe, Bergamo in Italy, is not suffering from the second wave like the district's that surround it. It has empty hospitals and it is taking patients from elsewhere.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-11-12/covid-italys-bergamo-brings-new-angle-to-the-immunity-debate

Sure but they suffered mightily. 42% got infected. In America most places are under 10%. It would take another 500k to a million deaths to get there. 

For instance see New York. Low 20s.

With a vaccine almost here why do people even talk about herd immunity anymore?

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2020/11/covid-19-vaccine-may-be-available-by-january-1234615835/

A COVID-19 may arrive before we have a new president in place.

Moncef Slaoui, the head of Operation Warp Speed and former leader of GlaxoSmithKline’s vaccine department, said it’s possible 80 million Americans could be inoculated against COVID-19 by March. That’s if the government approvals are done in December.

Slaoui’s estimate said 25 million to 30 million vaccines could be available starting in January, Business Insider reported. That’s faster than other government officials have predicted.

A vaccine arriving in January is only possible if vaccines by Pfizer and Moderna are approved in December. Slaoui told reporters that he expected both companies to ask the Food and Drug Administration for emergency use authorization by early December.

I don't know about those "emergency authorizations" ... Covid19 is a serious disease but not that deadly, I think the prudent way would be to go the usual way of approval. With about 10 different vaccines in the last stages of mass testing, there's no real urgency from my POV.

That's the difference between inoculations and treatments - any new promising treatment would be very welcome and get an emergency approval for sure, because it's concerning only those who already have the disease. But any inoculation is for people who are healthy; that's the reason why standards for vaccines are much higher than for drugs or treatments.

• Like 1

Here in Austria, we had a "soft" lockdown for two weeks now (meaning, no sit-in gastronomy) but that was obviously not enough to flatten the curve. So, now we're closing schools and non-essential shops like in March.

The problem here in Austria (apart from tourism) was that the lockdown in March/April was so effective, there were nearly zero measures during our summer. It was business as usual until late September ... compared to, let's say, Germany, where some measures were kept during the summer, and which is now at least two or three weeks behind in the exponential growth.

Am I going to have to have another period of layoff?

That would suck majorly without a $1,200 check...

6 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

I don't know about those "emergency authorizations" ... Covid19 is a serious disease but not that deadly, I think the prudent way would be to go the usual way of approval. With about 10 different vaccines in the last stages of mass testing, there's no real urgency from my POV.

That's the difference between inoculations and treatments - any new promising treatment would be very welcome and get an emergency approval for sure, because it's concerning only those who already have the disease. But any inoculation is for people who are healthy; that's the reason why standards for vaccines are much higher than for drugs or treatments.

And ANYTHING coming from the Trump Administration should be regarding as a lie until proven different.

Yesterday, for example, Trump claimed that the Pfizer vaccine was part of operation Warp Speed. when it's not.

2 hours ago, Fire Priestess Aria of Ash said:

Hi, this Corona has killed many and the side effects and restrictions from it have also drastically altered peoples live for the worse as well.

I don't to be cruel, but that has been obvious for a long time.

3 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

Here in Austria, we had a "soft" lockdown for two weeks now (meaning, no sit-in gastronomy) but that was obviously not enough to flatten the curve. So, now we're closing schools and non-essential shops like in March.

The problem here in Austria (apart from tourism) was that the lockdown in March/April was so effective, there were nearly zero measures during our summer. It was business as usual until late September ... compared to, let's say, Germany, where some measures were kept during the summer, and which is now at least two or three weeks behind in the exponential growth.

Edelweiss,Edelweiss, bless my Lockdown forever....

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Am I going to have to have another period of layoff?

That would suck majorly without a $1,200 check...

I donlt know about your spedific situation, but things are going to get a lot worse before things get better.

4 hours ago, Fire Priestess Aria of Ash said:

Even if there is a lockdown are people even complying to rules? In my area we are in a lockdown and people still are having parties and not caring. 

You'll always have those ... and as long as it's not too many, it shouldn't matter much. We don't need to eradicate the virus, we just have to slow the spread to a degree our health systems can handle.