google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Unfortunately today starts the rebound from last week. Likely hit 100K hospitalizations tomorrow.

One note on this second chart. deaths had already peaked and were on the downswing when Labor Day hit. Unfortunately the opposite is the case now with deaths on the upswing before the Holiday period. 

Deaths probably won't spike up too much tomorrow as last Wednesday was a bad day. But Thur-Sat the 7 day avg could really jump as we replace 1200-1300 deaths with probably over 2,000 each of those days.

• Thanks 1

Now the experts are saying expect another hug surge after Christmas, becuase of all the travelling that will be done on that Holiday.

it is going to be a horrible next couple of months. We need to keep up the precautions more then ever.

Sad to say, some people have adapted a "Vaccine is coming, we can go back to normal" attitude, which will result in tens of thousands of additional deaths.

2 hours ago, RamblinRed said:

Unfortunately today starts the rebound from last week. Likely hit 100K hospitalizations tomorrow.

One note on this second chart. deaths had already peaked and were on the downswing when Labor Day hit. Unfortunately the opposite is the case now with deaths on the upswing before the Holiday period. 

Deaths probably won't spike up too much tomorrow as last Wednesday was a bad day. But Thur-Sat the 7 day avg could really jump as we replace 1200-1300 deaths with probably over 2,000 each of those days.

It will take   two or three weeks for the big spike because of the Thanksgiving holiday to show up. because of the incubatin period of the virus.

^Australia’s vaccine plan is to first test it on millions of English people. 

Evil Laugh Creepy Smile GIF

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

^Australia’s vaccine plan is to first test it on millions of English people. 

Evil Laugh Creepy Smile GIF

Australia has so few cases, they can do it, UK, USA and the EU don't really have that luxury.

Though I don't think the EU will start anything before early January.

I guess life will become a bit more relaxed in July and August (when the necessary people are vaccinated and due to the temperatures (in the northern hemisphere) most people do a lot of things outside (similar to the situation this year) so we probably will have few new cases. And then we have to hope that in October and November enough people got vaccinated so we won't get a third wave.

• Like 2

lol this fucking guy. Safe to say that any success that Disney/Universal have enjoyed in reopening has been in spite of him, not because of him and his ass-kissing.

• Sad 1

Unfortunately we may hit our all time high in daily deaths today (obviously that is an outlier due to data catchup, but still bad). 

Right now Worldinfo is showing 1227 deaths. The states that haven't reported yet reported a total of 1531 deaths yesterday. That would put us right in the range of the biggest single day ever.

Also, not surpisingly we jumped back over 10% positivity yesterday in the 7 day avg. 

And we are still a good week away from starting to see any affects from Thanksgiving in the data.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

lol this fucking guy. Safe to say that any success that Disney/Universal have enjoyed in reopening has been in spite of him, not because of him and his ass-kissing.

De Santis is pure evil.

Does not matter how many people die as long as the money keeps flowing in.

Edited by dudalb

3 hours ago, RamblinRed said:

Unfortunately we may hit our all time high in daily deaths today (obviously that is an outlier due to data catchup, but still bad). 

Right now Worldinfo is showing 1227 deaths. The states that haven't reported yet reported a total of 1531 deaths yesterday. That would put us right in the range of the biggest single day ever.

Also, not surpisingly we jumped back over 10% positivity yesterday in the 7 day avg. 

And we are still a good week away from starting to see any affects from Thanksgiving in the data.

That's the scary bit. We are all but a lock to surpass 4k deaths a day at some point this month. The medical system is about to be pushed to the breaking point in multiple locations.

• Sad 1

Just missed the all time highest death total, but had all time highs in both cases and hospitalizations and for a 2nd straight day a positivity rate over 13.5%. Given the next few days had very depressed numbers due to the Holiday we are likely to see the 7 day avg deaths hit 2,000 by this weekend.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Taruseth said:

Australia has so few cases, they can do it, UK, USA and the EU don't really have that luxury.

Though I don't think the EU will start anything before early January.

I guess life will become a bit more relaxed in July and August (when the necessary people are vaccinated and due to the temperatures (in the northern hemisphere) most people do a lot of things outside (similar to the situation this year) so we probably will have few new cases. And then we have to hope that in October and November enough people got vaccinated so we won't get a third wave.

We have the added complication of Brexit in 30 days time.

The Pfizer vaccine is manufactured in Belgium and there are bound to be several months of border delays at the ports until they sort the new systems out especially if it ends in no deal.

I think that may have affected the decision.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I see no lies. :hahaha:

you know the reason for my username?

5 hours ago, terrestrial said:

@AndyK

yikes!

Good old British arrongance; main reason we had to kick them out in 1776.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Good old British arrongance; main reason we had to kick them out in 1776.

to me there are no bad, good, .... whole populations, only good or bad persons, and organisations, and the like. The bad usually centered around big money and/or power/influence (that includes religious leaders too), criminals....

I do agree about him being arrogant if he truly thinks so (out of context can change the meaning, incl making sarcastically meant sentences to something else, I do not know about him)

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

to me there are no bad, good, .... whole populations, only good or bad persons, and organisations, and the like. The bad usually centered around big money and/or power/influence (that includes religious leaders too), criminals....

I do agree about him being arrogant if he truly thinks so (out of context can change the meaning, incl making sarcastically meant sentences to something else, I do not know about him)

It's a joke, guy it's a jole

• Like 1

California goes back into deep lockdown tommorow beause of the rocketing numbers.

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's a joke, guy it's a jole

😉

to me something like that is never a joke, hence my username (even if that one is too short to be obvious for all I think)