DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

46 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

All under control. 

Florida Man appoints Mike Pence as coronavirus tsar. 

Here come the Faith Healers......

On the lighter side....

Not the greatest timing in the world for this TV series:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1831804/

I suspect it will pushed back in 2021..

And that many people have nicknamed the Corona Virus Captian Trips will not help matters...

Netflix had perfect timing.

There's always a tweet.  Quite often there's multiple tweets.

So does that NorCal patient who got the disease from unknown origin mean that an outbreak will happen in that region soon? Because those kinds of cases were the first sign of outbreak in Japan, South Korea, Italy.

Edit: Fuck, I got family in that area. Really hope an outbreak doesn't happen.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Ebola while being very contagious was also very containable. The China experiment has shown you cannot quarantine people to literal death and prevent this from spreading so it will spread. There will be outbreaks but we will get through it since 8/10 folks are either hardly affected or get some cold symptoms. It's the elderly, nursing homes, elderly with additional health conditions who need to be concerned with how they move about or who  they come in contact with. Now the CDC isn't testing folks in large numbers so the number of people actually walking about with it is unknown. It is what it is and probably for the best we don't know as that would create panic, runs on food, quarantines that absolutely do not work. Also, the quarantines are ineffective because someone who doesn't show symptoms or test positive can still have it, the virus can incubate for up to 4 weeks, and there's now cases of folks who have recovered getting reinfected. Personally, since we've been following this I only wish I had bought cheap surgical masks weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, nghtvsn said:

Ebola while being very contagious was also very containable. The China experiment has shown you cannot quarantine people to literal death and prevent this from spreading so it will spread. There will be outbreaks but we will get through it since 8/10 folks are either hardly affected or get some cold symptoms. It's the elderly, nursing homes, elderly with additional health conditions who need to be concerned with how they move about or who  they come in contact with. Now the CDC isn't testing folks in large numbers so the number of people actually walking about with it is unknown. It is what it is and probably for the best we don't know as that would create panic, runs on food, quarantines that absolutely do not work. Also, the quarantines are ineffective because someone who doesn't show symptoms or test positive can still have it, the virus can incubate for up to 4 weeks, and there's now cases of folks who have recovered getting reinfected. Personally, since we've been following this I only wish I had bought cheap surgical masks weeks ago. 

I would not say chinese efforts are a failure but the fact the entire country is not effected yet to me shows that containment works from making the disease spread deeply into the community. 

24 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I would not say chinese efforts are a failure but the fact the entire country is not effected yet to me shows that containment works from making the disease spread deeply into the community. 

Saying Chinese efforts don't work is a myth, it works as the number of new cases strongly decreased recently, they're winning this thing for now.

And it didn't expand its reach in some Chinese regions despite strongly expanding in January.

I'm pretty optimistic for China now, less for the US as I feel the country is not prepared for this.

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm pretty optimistic for China now, less for the US as I feel the country is not prepared for this.

Plus they have an idiot in charge of the coronavirus response team and an incredibly shitty healthcare system that puts profits over the wellbeing of their people. They've implied that even if a vaccine is found, it's not going to be affordable for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Looks like it has spread pretty much all over Europe now as well. New cases in Estonia, Germany, UK, Ireland, Belgium, Spain, Romania, Greece, etc

Saying that people in Europe are panicked would be an understatement. Italy has around 700 cases and many deaths, France and Germany gained a lot of cases today, likely becoming the next Italy. German prime-minister declared corona to be an epidemic, many cases are untraceable. New cases are coming every hour from Greece, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Austria, Poland (was just confirmed), Netherlands... numbers have grown extremely fast today.

Here in Romania we've got our first case last night. People are out of control and started emptying supermarket-shelves in the big cities, mainly because we don't trust our medical system and authorities (because of past events) and we know that, if France, Germany and Italy can't stop this, our chances are 0..

Edited by Andreas

Global containment has failed. The incubation time and % that are asymptotic or low symptomatic was clearly too much for the current interconnected world to handle. Silver lining to that of course being that many who get it are asymptotic or low symptomatic. 

I’m lucky to be in my 20s and fairly healthy, but my dad is 64 with a history of smoking and some chronic issues. Think we’re going to stock up a bit on dried and canned goods just as a precaution. Best of luck to everyone on the board as this develops.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

That photo and tweet isn't even accurate. They have tested folks for the virus multiple times in addition to bringing folks in who were then quarantined and/or had it and were then quarantined. Yes the CDC has not been testing on purpose due to their guidelines, playing down fear and faulty test kits. Also, there are other countries all around the world that have been doing the same thing so let's not get hot and heavy about it. 

39 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Saying that people in Europe are panicked would be an understatement. Italy has around 700 cases and many deaths, France and Germany gained a lot of cases today, likely becoming the next Italy. German prime-minister declared corona to be an epidemic, many cases are untraceable. New cases are coming every hour from Greece, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Austria, Poland (was just confirmed), Netherlands... numbers have grown extremely fast today.

Here in Romania we've got our first case last night. People are out of control and started emptying supermarket-shelves in the big cities, mainly because we don't trust our medical system and authorities (because of past events) and we know that, if France, Germany and Italy can't stop this, our chances are 0.. 

This is to be expected. It's been 0 for awhile now. We should not be surprised this has gone all over the place. It can't be contained and never could be. Now I guess if every country had stopped all flights in/out of China and quarantined any Chinese traveler back when this first began then Maybe it could have been halted but even then the 14 day quarantine isn't a guarantee the person isn't going to test positive later anyway. Oh, and on top of apparently 14% getting reinfected after recovering. I'm interested to see what happens in China as they begin lifting the lockdowns like those Starbucks opening. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nghtvsn said:

That photo and tweet isn't even accurate. They have tested folks for the virus multiple times in addition to bringing folks in who were then quarantined and/or had it and were then quarantined. Yes the CDC has not been testing on purpose due to their guidelines, playing down fear and faulty test kits. Also, there are other countries all around the world that have been doing the same thing so let's not get hot and heavy about it. 

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

And the US Stock Market just had it's worst day ever because of Corona Virus fears.

Looks as if Trump's attempts to reassure the markets last night back fired bigtime.

Wall street is not stupid. They know incompetence and cluelessness when they see it.