google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

53 minutes ago, Avatree said:

HSBC telling UK customers that if they do not wear face masks in branch, HSBC will close their bank account. Insane.

https://www.fnlondon.com/articles/hsbc-threatens-to-close-accounts-for-people-who-refuse-to-wear-masks-in-branches-20210113

“If individuals put themselves or our colleagues at risk, without a medical exemption, we reserve the right to withdraw their account”

The hypocrisy of these scumbag companies, this is a company that was recently fined $2billion for laundering money for drug cartels, and they want to claim some kind of moral authority? Fuck them.

More Anti Mask BS.

And.or mindless "Anti Establishment" crap.

If you say masks do no good, you are just plain ignorant.

Edited by dudalb

46 minutes ago, AndyK said:

They are not fascist rules, they are public health rules.

Some peopole are like little chidlern, resenting ANY rules.

In the US word that vaccine delvieries are going to be dealayed because National Guard troops used to help with the deliveries are being pulled off that duty because of the danger of nationawide unrest next week, after threats  by right wing extermists to attack all 50 State Capitols as well as DC emerged.

• Sad 1

This is so sad

“As hospitals across California braced this week for a surge in COVID-19 patients who got infected over Christmas, officials relayed painful stories of dying victims’ last moments with their families,” the Los Angeles Times reports. “‘One of the more heartbreaking conversations that our healthcare workers share is about these last words when children apologize to their parents and grandparents for bringing COVID into their homes for getting them sick. And these apologies are just some of the last words that loved ones will ever hear as they die alone,’ Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda Solis said." 

• Sad 5

6 hours ago, RamblinRed said:

You are suggesting that US will use 55M more doses in 7 weeks. There is no chance of that happening. That is 8 times the rate we are seeing right now. (and that doesn't even include the need for second doses)

That’s just over 1 million doses a day. They did 700k in the last 24 hours. A month from now, it’ll be double that. It’s not different than the Covid testing ramp up from back in March/April. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Some peopole are like little chidlern, resenting ANY rules.

I can understand why some people would be against lockdowns, especially when so many are losing their livelihoods, but masks seem such a minor inconvenience. Even if you don't believe it, just wear one to keep the peace.

Some people's attitude just don't make sense.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

More Anti Mask BS.

And.or mindless "Anti Establishment" crap.

If you say masks do no good, you are just plain ignorant.

I didn't say that though, did I?

I said it's crazy to have your BANK ACCOUNT taken away from you just for not wearing a mask. when the two things have nothing to do with each other.

Edited by Avatree

6 hours ago, Avatree said:

I doubt it has anything to do with his fame, he has always been known to be right wing and right wing people seem more inclined to be against the fascist rules that have been brought in.

Why must everything be right or left wing? What happens if someone loves guns and abortion, does the world implode?

7 hours ago, Avatree said:

I doubt it has anything to do with his fame, he has always been known to be right wing and right wing people seem more inclined to be against the fascist rules that have been brought in.

I can’t speak for the UK, but here in the US it’s the exact opposite. Sure, the nutsos scream that they’re being muzzled and shut down by evil fascist health policies, but that doesn’t make it true. (And of course most if not all of them are only too happy to support actual fascism.)

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I can’t speak for the UK, but here in the US it’s the exact opposite. Sure, the nutsos scream that they’re being muzzled and shut down by evil fascist health policies, but that doesn’t make it true. (And of course most if not all of them are only too happy to support actual fascism.)

I don't think there is any correlation to mask wearing and politics here in the UK. Technically most of the country is centre/right wing judging by the government we have though our major governments are pretty close to the centre compared to most. Labour did make the mistake of having jeremy corbyn as he was seen as a too far left and being too far on either end makes you unelectable.

People fail to realize just how effective a coordinated government strategy can be since we haven't had one in over 4 years.

We have the potential to vaccinate at least 3 million people per day. Just look at what Israel's is doing. They have fully committed to it and their results are incredible

15 hours ago, Avatree said:

I said it's crazy to have your BANK ACCOUNT taken away from you just for not wearing a mask. when the two things have nothing to do with each other.

They are a private company and they are under no obligation to service clients that endanger the lives of others. That client can bank elsewhere. I'm sure the Tories can provide some anti-mask options.

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

Just like I’ve been saying. This isn’t linear acceleration, its exponential. Production, distribution and injection will all continue to rise. There’s no reason we shouldn’t be at 3 million doses a day by April. 

26 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Just like I’ve been saying. This isn’t linear acceleration, its exponential. Production, distribution and injection will all continue to rise. There’s no reason we shouldn’t be at 3 million doses a day by April. 

At some point, exponential will slow down b/c this isn't a virus - this is people, storage, production, etc...

VA Gov has a goal of 25K doses/day by early Feb and 50K/day by early April...with about 2.5% of the US population, if VA makes its goal, we're at 1M doses/day in Feb and 2M doses/day in April for the US.  Since he's the only doc Gov, I'd assume his ideas of what's possible in the medical system are probably closest to "goal" numbers extrapolated across the country...

PS - They ain't close to 25K/day yet, but here's hoping (they are getting close to 1/2 that in the 7 day average)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Avatree said:

Surely it's more effort to transfer all your direct debits and payments to a new bank account than it is to just wear the mask though. Especially considering the fact you'll have to wear a mask to arrange a meeting with a new bank.

Anti maskers are an annoying pain in the ass and sometimes the only way to beat them is to make their life awkward. Even if people out there feel masks are pointless, so what, its no hassle so just wear them and we can discuss a year from now whether it was pointless or not...AT THE PUB

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Avatree said:

It's a private company. Why should anti-maskers be a protected class? 

• Like 1