google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Recommended Posts

well, completely closing a bank account seems like overreaching - the usual way would be: you simply don't let someone enter the shop without a mask; if he doesn't comply you call the police and remove him.

 

edit: I haven't read anything about the actual case, but having witnessed some of those anti-maskers, I see the possibility that said person maybe uttered wild threats against the bank or the clerks. In which case ending your business connection with such a customer does seem like sensible behaviour - but, as mentioned, I don't know the actual case.

Edited by IndustriousAngel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone breaks rules, a (private) company can give ‚house bans‘ or decide to cut all ties / close down the accounts

In some cases that means all involved departments.

If a company owns stores and banks, that can end in loosing a bank account too.

 

Usually those kind of bans will not be given without a considerable situation beforehand. 

 

Generally speaking meant, such things happened long before Covid too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

870k vaccinations today (+23% weekly), should take 7-day avg to around 733k. I think next week weekdays will be above 1M but the weekends may keep 7-day below that until the week after.

Edited by WandaLegion
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is with a president that has done literally nothing.

 

J&J one shot vaccine incoming soon and Biden will push Vaccines HARD

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Covid pandemic has taken second place inthe news in the US with the political ciisis we are in. Don't see this changing until after Jan 20th.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Menor said:

It's a private company. Why should anti-maskers be a protected class? 

I'm not saying they should be a protected class. But whether you wear a mask or not has nothing to do with your custom of the bank. The bank is completely overreaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And so it begins.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55654229

A large London plumbing firm plans to rewrite all of its workers' contracts to require them to be vaccinated against coronavirus.

 

This is what's really concerning, and what I dread we will see as this year progresses. Creating two classes of citizens: those who have had this medical procedure, and those who have not. If you have the medical procedure, you get to keep your citizenship. If you do not have the "optional" vaccine, you can keep your normal rights and go about your life. If you don't, you will lose your employment; your ability to go to public venues, shops, pubs, music gigs etc. Even though private companies have no business asking about your medical information.

 

A genuine dystopia :(

 

As the article states, it's illegal for a company to force its workers to have a medical procedure. But that may be only a matter of time before the law is changed. I hope equality and human rights are too strong for government or business to compel people to have this vaccine.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm cool with sending all nonvaccinated folks to a very remote island.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Avatree said:

And so it begins.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55654229

A large London plumbing firm plans to rewrite all of its workers' contracts to require them to be vaccinated against coronavirus.

 

This is what's really concerning, and what I dread we will see as this year progresses. Creating two classes of citizens: those who have had this medical procedure, and those who have not. If you have the medical procedure, you get to keep your citizenship. If you do not have the "optional" vaccine, you can keep your normal rights and go about your life. If you don't, you will lose your employment; your ability to go to public venues, shops, pubs, music gigs etc. Even though private companies have no business asking about your medical information.

 

A genuine dystopia :(

 

As the article states, it's illegal for a company to force its workers to have a medical procedure. But that may be only a matter of time before the law is changed. I hope equality and human rights are too strong for government or business to compel people to have this vaccine.

 

 


People used to have to be inoculated for polio, for smallpox, etc, anything that’s a significant health hazard for a population. I don’t really see how this is any different. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, people should have to be vaccinated. There’s nothing dystopian about it, just basic government functioning as it should.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:


People used to have to be inoculated for polio, for smallpox, etc, anything that’s a significant health hazard for a population. I don’t really see how this is any different. 

That was by elected official ruling from a state too right in the 19 century forced vaccination campaign ? Not by private companies.

 

I imagine there is many precedent to this, for example:

 Even though private companies have no business asking about your medical information.

 

This must have many exemption, movie business often ask for medical information, healthcare worker, professional sports, I would imagine porn will enforce a sexual transmissive testing mandatory and so on. When it is relevant to the jobs or safety of customer/co-workers I imagine that it is not uncommon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

Yeah, people should have to be vaccinated. There’s nothing dystopian about it, just basic government functioning as it should.

Just remember, though, some people can't vaccinate, either in part or in full...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Just remember, though, some people can't vaccinate, either in part or in full...

 

Indeed, these people only make it more important that everyone else do it.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am disappointed by low usage in CA. They should do better than 27% used. There is no way to schedule even for > 75 year old. I got a mail for my dad from Kaiser but as of now they are saying supply is limited and wait several weeks before appointments can be scheduled online. I dont understand who is sitting on the doses. NY/IL have done much better while the best states have been smaller states. WV/ND seem to have used 3/4th of their doses. 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am disappointed by low usage in CA. They should do better than 27% used. There is no way to schedule even for > 75 year old. I got a mail for my dad from Kaiser but as of now they are saying supply is limited and wait several weeks before appointments can be scheduled online. I dont understand who is sitting on the doses. NY/IL have done much better while the best states have been smaller states. WV/ND seem to have used 3/4th of their doses. 

 


As a matter of fact I literally just read an article about CA’s struggles. 
 

Key reasons for slow COVID vaccine rollout - and how it could be fixed https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Five-key-reasons-for-California-s-slow-COVID-15871670.php

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Looks like my wife is getting her first shot end of next week. 

Shes one of the 75+ years old huh 😏

  • Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had a problem here with people not turning up for their appointments and them having to throw doses away.

 

At least one center took to going around the local streets and knocking on doors to see if anybody would like jabs.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Avatree said:

And so it begins.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55654229

A large London plumbing firm plans to rewrite all of its workers' contracts to require them to be vaccinated against coronavirus.

 

This is what's really concerning, and what I dread we will see as this year progresses. Creating two classes of citizens: those who have had this medical procedure, and those who have not. If you have the medical procedure, you get to keep your citizenship. If you do not have the "optional" vaccine, you can keep your normal rights and go about your life. If you don't, you will lose your employment; your ability to go to public venues, shops, pubs, music gigs etc. Even though private companies have no business asking about your medical information.

 

A genuine dystopia :(

 

As the article states, it's illegal for a company to force its workers to have a medical procedure. But that may be only a matter of time before the law is changed. I hope equality and human rights are too strong for government or business to compel people to have this vaccine.

 

 

I agree with you on this.

Only the government could make the vaccine mandatory, a company shouldn't do that.

But even the government has to wait until every single person had a chance to get vaccinated (so pretty much not before 2022) and by that point we hopefully are in a situation that numbers are so low, that there is no need for any of that, but that depends on a lot of people actually getting the vaccine (which depending on the country I am not too optimistic about, in the US it seems to look good enough, but especially in Central and parts of Eastern Europe a lot of people (up to 50 % say that might not or won't get it)).

And I'd say a mandatory vaccine is more likely than treating vaccinated and not-vaccinated people differently (as the later probably won't pass any court in the US or Europe).

Especially considering a lot of countries already have a list of Mandatory vaccines.

 

 

9 hours ago, Avatree said:

I'm not saying they should be a protected class. But whether you wear a mask or not has nothing to do with your custom of the bank. The bank is completely overreaching.

Why? Right wing people fought for exactly this, a company can do what the company wants to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.