google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

My dad got his vaccination today, he's 101.

So you`re like 75 huh.....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AndyK said:

My dad got his vaccination today, he's 101.

that is quite an age!

Fingers crossed he wont get any reaction.

I did look more into it now, out of either 600.000 or 765.000 people vaccinated (different articles repeatedly giving either this or that number) 325 people showed a ‘suspected case’ reaction.

51 of those reacted strongly, a mix from ‘medically relevant’ up to needed treatment in a hospital, 4 or 5 of those needed adrenalin to counter an anaphylactic reaction.

10 already very ill people died, a 11th person (89y) who died still is at the coroner. Every one of those cases they say the patients were ill with at least one serious illness, or more, frail,.... As fmpro also wrote, not sure if it was their time or a drop too much or....

About higher reactions news.... its possible, but it’s also possible its because so many elderly or people with problematic medical history get them so early and at once, as those are here in the earliest / first wave of getting vaccinated 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fmpro said:

between my son and the older of his 2 grandfathers are 98y, between him and the other grandfather are 82y

• Astonished 1
  • Not Cool 1

@fmpro what is wrong with getting a surprise child later in years?

Beside that, my husband too was a surprise child, and the last of three marriages his father had, myself I am a party-accident of a 48y old father and my mother and doctors told me to get pregnant I would need a hospital treatment. Got pregnant without it.

34 minutes ago, fmpro said:

If I was that old I wouldn't still be working.

(Actually, I probably would)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AndyK said:

If I was that old I wouldn't still be working.

(Actually, I probably would)

(same)

3 hours ago, terrestrial said:

@fmpro what is wrong with getting a surprise child later in years?

Beside that, my husband too was a surprise child, and the last of three marriages his father had, myself I am a party-accident of a 48y old father and my mother and doctors told me to get pregnant I would need a hospital treatment. Got pregnant without it.

Nothing wrong. I was trying to make a joke 🤤

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Nothing wrong. I was trying to make a joke 🤤

Ahh, oK didn’t understood the ‘not cool’

(to add to earlier, both my father and my father-in-law were born before WWI, my father-in-law even fought in WWI, born in the 19th century, Tele could be my son if I started young, AndyK and me both have an adult son each, not sure if he has more = I sometimes miss some jokes aimed at people some here call old for a joke, see Tele)

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Ahh, oK didn’t understood the ‘not cool’

(to add to earlier, both my father and my father-in-law were born before WWI, my father-in-law even fought in WWI, born in the 19th century, Tele could be my son if I started young, AndyK and me both have an adult son each, not sure if he has more = I sometimes miss some jokes aimed at people some here call old for a joke, see Tele)

I`m 46 and have a 17 year old son. So i`m allowed to make old people jokes 😏

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I`m 46 and have a 17 year old son. So i`m allowed to make old people jokes 😏

No problem with those, I just often miss that people make jokes, incl not age-related jokes. Sometimes I am wondering if its bcs I am to many here another generation as a possible reason. Or its my language skills, or that I tend to interpret as literally if its a written text, if someone speaks I hear/see the laughter or sarcasm.

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 2:06 PM, WandaLegion said:

870k vaccinations today (+23% weekly), should take 7-day avg to around 733k. I think next week weekdays will be above 1M but the weekends may keep 7-day below that until the week after.

7-day average today is 898k, +70% weekly. That isn’t nearly sustainable (don’t think we’ll hit 1.5M by next Sun, lol) but if we just have like +30%, +20%, +10% then coast for a bit Biden’s 100M in 100 days looks about right. At that point (Apr 30) we would have like 115M artificial immunity and 120M or so from natural immunity. Even if the dominant strain is 50% more transmissible by then R should be comfortably below 1 with some NPIs still in place and deaths will be <500. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

7-day average today is 898k, +70% weekly. That isn’t nearly sustainable (don’t think we’ll hit 1.5M by next Sun, lol) but if we just have like +30%, +20%, +10% then coast for a bit Biden’s 100M in 100 days looks about right. At that point (Apr 30) we would have like 115M artificial immunity and 120M or so from natural immunity. Even if the dominant strain is 50% more transmissible by then R should be comfortably below 1 with some NPIs still in place and deaths will be <500. 

100M doses is 50M vaccinated til J&J comes online for a single dose shot...VA (my "standard") is not currently following the "delay the 2nd shot" plan and is taking full immunity to each shot taker vs spreading it wider...

Since VA has the best death rate for its size in the US (as a "not tiny" state), I'm assuming more states will probably follow its plan and its Gov, unless vaccines truly become scarce...

Edited by TwoMisfits

29 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

100M doses is 50M vaccinated

My understanding is that the goal is 100M vaccinated (although again, realistically, you’re pretty much vaccinated after the first shot from one of the 2 shot ones so using the # who have gotten a 1st shot is a better measure of vaccination progress). The course I outlined in that post is about 155M shots, which is 100M vaccinated if J&J makes up 29% of the shots.

Edited by WandaLegion

CDC is saying 500'000 dead from Covid in the US  by Febuary is almost a certainity.

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

CDC is saying 500'000 dead from Covid in the US  by Febuary is almost a certainity.

Don’t really need the CDC saying this tbh, it’s just obvious to anyone who passed like 2nd grade math.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

Don’t really need the CDC saying this tbh, it’s just obvious to anyone who passed like 2nd grade math.

yep, about 3-4 weeks to go for 500k (4 only if numbers begin dropping which I think they do)

Now crossed 2 million worldwide deaths.

I am not sure if it is just slower reporting or it was indeed vaccination center stop working during weekend, but the number of doses administered always drop during weekend. 

17% of the serious Covid cases in Israel are patients that have received at least the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.

That's about the same percentage of the population that has received the vaccine.

This is not good news.

Edited by AndyK
  • Sad 1