google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

The infection rate in my county has dropped from 1,157/100K to 14/100K in 8 weeks.

Deaths have pretty much stopped.

Total UK deaths today...82 and infections 5,177.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

The infection rate in my county has dropped from 1,157/100K to 14/100K in 8 weeks.

Deaths have pretty much stopped.

Total UK deaths today...82 and infections 5,177.

But ~100% B117, wasn’t that an unstoppable menace :thinking:   

One of the few countries with the wisdom for first shots first though.

• Like 2

Over in the US, final day of reporting from the covid tracking project (don’t worry I’ve got a few other leads and will continue the daily updates until the pandemic is subjectively over). And a great day it was, as case avg drops over 3% and single day %+ is a very low 3.5%.   

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

But ~100% B117, wasn’t that an unstoppable menace :thinking:   

One of the few countries with the wisdom for first shots first though.

I think it's more down to Lockdown and testing.

The UK has spent $40bn on testing, it's doing double the number of test of of most countries in the world. The Brazil variant is being hunted down and eliminated aggressively and we have already burnt out on the UK variant.

As a warning to those who propose zero Covid, the Isle of Man which had been Covid free and has isolated from the UK mainland through travel bans, had relaxed it's restrictions and is now seeing a big outbreak.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

As a warning to those who propose zero Covid, the Isle of Man which had been Covid free and has isolated from the UK mainland through travel bans, had relaxed it's restrictions and is now seeing a big outbreak.

yep, won't work, somewhere in the world the virus will continue to exist - there are still countries that don't acknowledge the problem, not only North Korea, also some central Asian states. In other countries it's so widespread it's impossible to control. So the vaccines are really the only viable solution.

• Like 2

I got my first dose of Moderna on Friday! Looking forward to having immunity soon.

• Like 9

Everything still moving in the right direction at a pretty good pace. %+ is usually the first indicator to turn when another wave is building and no sign of that yet.  

It’s a thread, worth clicking through each day if you’re especially interested in the latest on the state of covid DOM.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I got my first dose of Moderna on Friday! Looking forward to having immunity soon.

please quickly go back to cinema once you have your vaccine

6 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

please quickly go back to cinema once you have your vaccine

Got myself Cineworld shares earlier this year, holding out hope it makes me rich

44 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Not a surprise when they already were off on US deliveries...hopefully, the deal with Merck helps get them on track as soon as possible everywhere...

• Like 1

Yesterday was a weak day, today is pretty good. We are clearly decelerating though, at long last.

FL, GA, and TX seem to be over 50% B117, so we should get a pretty good idea soon from them just how much of a problem that will be. Between the B117 prevalence and complete loosening, would be pretty surprising if we didn’t see TX R go above 1 for a while.

• Like 2

EU politicians are quite rightly questioning why, when Europe is short of vaccines, they are supplying American countries like Canada and Mexico with Pfizer vaccines whilst the USA has banned exports.

Don't be surprised if an export ban comes into force.

It's USAs responsibility to supply North America.

Denmark stops vaccinating with AstraZeneca after a person died shortly after being vaccinated. I think its called a blood cloth?

They will investigate for atleast 2 weeks before deciding what to do going forward

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

EU politicians are quite rightly questioning why, when Europe is short of vaccines, they are supplying American countries like Canada and Mexico with Pfizer vaccines whilst the USA has banned exports.

Don't be surprised if an export ban comes into force.

It's USAs responsibility to supply North America.

Couldent the same be said about UK?

31 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Denmark stops vaccinating with AstraZeneca after a person died shortly after being vaccinated. I think its called a blood cloth?

They will investigate for atleast 2 weeks before deciding what to do going forward

That's annoying. Probably just coincidence.

30 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Couldent the same be said about UK?

No, the UK is effectively exporting 40 million doses of Oxford vaccine to the EU.

One of the conditions for EMA approval is that the vaccines must be produced in the EU.

AZ could have increased capacity in the UK but the EU wanted them to be made on EU soil, so they exported a factory instead of the doses.

That's not the UKs fault.

7 minutes ago, Chicago said:

That's annoying. Probably just coincidence.

Yeah. We went from last jab in mid june to mid august before we are done with people over 16 years. 
All In 1 week Moderna downsizesed again, J&J can`t deliver in the next month, CureVac was planned to be approved in April now its June and now this with AZ

This summer is going to SUCK

• Sad 1