Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, AndyK said:

 

Sounds great. But looks like they need an SA booster on hand. The fear is that we get a SA variant that spreads like the UK one

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

The European economy is doomed which is unsurprising given the US and UK gave direct relief to people and boosted the economy unlike the EU that did shit.

Pretty sure the individual countries have quite a bit of relief to people.

 

Didn't the US just give a single $1200 cheque?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

The European economy is doomed which is unsurprising given the US and UK gave direct relief to people and boosted the economy unlike the EU that did shit.

Most countries in EU have individiual relief packages. Here in Denmark we have a fantastic safety net where 99% of all people get full salery under lockdown just sitting on their ass doing nothing and buisnesses get 80-90% compensation.

We actually have fewer buisness closings than other years

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fmpro said:

Most countries in EU have individiual relief packages. Here in Denmark we have a fantastic safety net where 99% of all people get full salery under lockdown just sitting on their ass doing nothing and buisnesses get 80-90% compensation.

We actually have fewer buisness closings than other years

Same here in Austria - but econimists are counting on increased cases of bankrupcy once the reliefs are done and the epidemic is over ... we have quite a big share of tourism in our GDP and that will take a looong time to recover. That's a specific problem for Austria, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

Same here in Austria - but econimists are counting on increased cases of bankrupcy once the reliefs are done and the epidemic is over ... we have quite a big share of tourism in our GDP and that will take a looong time to recover. That's a specific problem for Austria, though.

I think tourism is a big problem for most of western Europe. Offshoring our manufacturing was not the best idea in the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

Same here in Austria - but econimists are counting on increased cases of bankrupcy once the reliefs are done and the epidemic is over ... we have quite a big share of tourism in our GDP and that will take a looong time to recover. That's a specific problem for Austria, though.

There will be some in Denmark. But not alot. Healty buisnesses will survive

Link to post
Share on other sites

I FINALLY get my vaccine tomorrow(Johnson & Johnson). I work at a grocery store and believe my state is extremely late getting these out to us. It’s all good and excited to get it over with. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 9:58 AM, AndyK said:

UK had 10 Covid deaths 2 days in a row.

 

Damn, so close to single figures.

 

Also down to 11th on the league table of deaths per capita as infections are still raging in other countries. Italy and Slovakia will pass UK in the next couple days and USA in about a month unless the vaccines really kick in.

7 today 😎 

 

Down to 13 on the league table.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AndyK said:

7 today 😎 

 

Down to 13 on the league table.

Thats awesome. Congrats.
We had zero deaths yesterday with only 14,9/7,6 vaccinated

 

Tomorrow we will vaccinate 100.000 people in a big upscale try to see if we are ready when more vaccines start to roll in. Thats like 1.2 mill in the UK and 6 mill in the US.

 

Wed/Thu it will be decided what we will do about AZ vaccines. I expect we will be the first EU country to suspend it and continue without. Its a tough choice. But with 1-2 deaths pr day i suspect its not worth the risk of creating more antivaxxers and creating more fearfull WOM in general.

Around may 1st we will have 500.000 in stock

 

Lets see what happens

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fmpro said:

Thats awesome. Congrats.
We had zero deaths yesterday with only 14,9/7,6 vaccinated

 

Tomorrow we will vaccinate 100.000 people in a big upscale try to see if we are ready when more vaccines start to roll in. Thats like 1.2 mill in the UK and 6 mill in the US.

 

Wed/Thu it will be decided what we will do about AZ vaccines. I expect we will be the first EU country to suspend it and continue without. Its a tough choice. But with 1-2 deaths pr day i suspect its not worth the risk of creating more antivaxxers and creating more fearfull WOM in general.

Around may 1st we will have 500.000 in stock

 

Lets see what happens

Looks like you'll have to do without J&J and well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Looks like you'll have to do without J&J and well.

We will see.

 

Are you not having any problems with the E484K- mutation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fmpro said:

We will see.

 

Are you not having any problems with the E484K- mutation?

We are down to under 2000 cases total, 99.3% of which are UK variant. So not really, UK variant seems to crowd all the others out.

 

Retail opens tomorrow, we shall see if that causes any increases, the school's have been back 6 weeks and that had no effect.

 

They will approve J&J here this week, I don't think will do anything as we are not due any supplies for a while. Novavax is probably the next up and we have local production capacity for that.

Edited by AndyK
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AndyK said:

We are down to under 2000 cases total, 99.3% of which are UK variant. So not really, UK variant seems to crowd all the others out.

 

Retail opens tomorrow, we shall see if that causes any increases, the school's have been back 6 weeks and that had no effect.

 

They will approve J&J here this week, I don't think will do anything as we are not due any supplies for a while. Novavax is probably the next up and we have local production capacity for that.

Good to hear. We will get j&j in 2 weeks and CureVac in maybe 1,5 months time..

Approval means little if there are no supply

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 7:25 PM, AndyK said:

I did say further back in the thread if one did it, they likely all would.

 

It's a feature of Covid itself, it had been noted that a proportion of young people suffer strokes due to an overreaction of the immune system.

 

If Covid does it, the vaccines are likely to do it too.

 

Its emergency usage, they haven't done enough testing, it could be they need to lower the dosage for younger adults. We saw in the AZ trials that they made a mistake in one of the group's and only gave a half dose, it made no difference to efficacy, in fact that group had a higher efficacy that the full dose gave.

Quote

Greinacher and his collaborator Rolf Marschalek, a molecular biologist at Frankfurt University, are also calling for tests of a simple solution: halving Vaxzevria's dose. In AstraZeneca's phase III trial in the United Kingdom, a small number of people accidentally received a lower dose and had fewer side effects in general; perhaps the lower dose is less likely to trigger the kind of strong inflammation that boosts PF4 antibodies as well, the researchers say. And unexpectedly, those people were slightly better protected, perhaps because high levels of inflammation can actually block the formation of antibodies, Marschalek says. “Part of the problem might be that they just overdose” the vaccine, Greinacher says.

 😎 

 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/04/hard-choices-emerge-link-between-astrazeneca-vaccine-and-rare-clotting-disorder-becomes

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Profile of non aged-ordered vaccination strategy - Italy

italy-png.1493348

 

Profile of strict age-ordered vaccination strategy - UK

 

uk-png.1493349

 

Canada is using the Italy strategy.:wintf:

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Profile of non aged-ordered vaccination strategy - Italy

italy-png.1493348

 

Profile of strict age-ordered vaccination strategy - UK

 

uk-png.1493349

 

Canada is using the Italy strategy.:wintf:

Can you really compare 2 countries where 1 has done 60 doses pr 100 people vs 20 doses pr 100? Also Italy has alot of elderly people in general

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fmpro said:

Can you really compare 2 countries where 1 has done 60 doses pr 100 people vs 20 doses pr 100? Also Italy has alot of elderly people in general

Yes, vaccinating teachers instead of 80 year olds is the most stupid idea imaginable.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.