DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

10 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I agree. But they have a contract and breaking that could have serious consequenses for AZ

Seems a pointless continuing a contract if the doses aren't going to be used.

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Seems a pointless continuing a contract if the doses aren't going to be used.

Denmark is not EU. We are only 1,25% of the union. I don`t know what the other countries (98,75%) will do

2 hours ago, fmpro said:

Denmark is not EU. We are only 1,25% of the union. I don`t know what the other countries (98,75%) will do

Austria continues to use AZ (has never stopped, in fact); majority is still Pfizer but that's mainly because AZ wasn't able to deliver the promised quantities. And since there's 1mil additional doses of Pfizer coming this quarter (part from a 50mil doses delivery to the EU), that won't change.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, fmpro said:

As long as they hold up their end of the contract i have no problem with that

The whole thing is just a shambles. I'd understand people's hesitancy if they had more pfizer sat ready to use but the reality is most countries don't so the sensible thing would be to take the 1 in a million chance over the 1 in 100 chance and save as many lives as possible.

There are so many other countries that would put these doses to better use right now that I would understand prioritising poorer countries that are willing to use it until a higher percentage of AZ starts to be administered in european countries. I actually don't know whether these figures have been improving as of late.

So much for young people not being affected

More than a year into the pandemic, deaths in Brazil are now at their peak. But a shocking aspect of Covid-19 in Brazil is the number of babies dying. Since the beginning of the pandemic, 1,300 babies under the age of one have died from the virus.

With exclusive access to one children’s ICU in the northeast of the country, BBC Brazil’s Nathalia Passarinho speaks to staff about caring for these critically ill children.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56743085?

• Sad 4

EU started negotiations with Pfizer for 1,8 Billion extra doses to be delivered i 2021-2023. All made within the EU

• Like 1

I got done Pfizer 2 yesterday...only took 2 Ibu yesterday for arm pain, but today is the weirdest thing.  It's like the day after being sick where you need to take it easy and baby yourself, and keep food/fluids/work light.  After I took my 2.5 mile walk before lunch, I had to lie down and put my feet up for an hour to get my appetite (still light) back...then after making dinner, I needed 30 minutes off my feet.  

So, my advice - baby yourself on day 2:).  

PS - Miso and a banana with chocolate sauce is the best 1-2 light lunch:)...

• Like 7
4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I got done Pfizer 2 yesterday...only took 2 Ibu yesterday for arm pain, but today is the weirdest thing.  It's like the day after being sick where you need to take it easy and baby yourself, and keep food/fluids/work light.  After I took my 2.5 mile walk before lunch, I had to lie down and put my feet up for an hour to get my appetite (still light) back...then after making dinner, I needed 30 minutes off my feet.  

So, my advice - baby yourself on day 2:).  

PS - Miso and a banana with chocolate sauce is the best 1-2 light lunch:)...

Moderna #2 has kicked my ass for multiple days now. (The day after was the worst but I’ve been generally tired/exhausted since. I’m definitely getting better tho.)

• Like 5

In summary, they have the old vaccine, a new specific vaccine for new variants and one where they have a 50% of each mix.

The mix works for all.

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 4

Bit early to say, because Israel is in the goldilocks zone at the moment regarding weather.

It's like a nice midsummer day in the UK, so windows are open and people are outside.

When it gets to June, it will get hot, windows will close and the AC will be on.

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 2

Interesting that although both AZ and Pfizer generate the same amount of antibodies, the AZ vaccine produces 3 times as many killer T-Cells.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Yeah I'm ruined tired today. Normally I walk/run 5 miles a day. Big fat zero today. 

I feel really good today on day 3, so I'm gonna do my 2.5 miles again (I'm a glutton for punishment)...we'll see if I need as much recovery after:)...

EDIT TO ADD: Walk went great, so I think I'm through the effects.  WAY better than Shingrix shot series side effects:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

Denmark has now implimented the new RobinTech system which helps getting more doses out of every glass and are currently taking 113% out of each Pfizer. Every vial is projected to have 6 doses but we are now pulling out 7 out of almost every single one leaving nothing behind.

Really helps our program after we suspended AZ

19 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Denmark has now implimented the new RobinTech system which helps getting more doses out of every glass and are currently taking 113% out of each Pfizer. Every vial is projected to have 6 doses but we are now pulling out 7 out of almost every single one leaving nothing behind.

Really helps our program after we suspended AZ

Now watch Pfizer reduce the vial shipments.

• Haha 1

Situation in Michigan and Penn are very worrying and kind of hopeless to see. Both states are generally in line national average in term of vaccination but somehow the spreading is still running like wildfire as if there were none, suggest that the same could still happen to other states regardless of their vaccination.

Maybe FDA should start postpone people 2nd shot especially those in lower risk tier group to ensure as many as possible can get their partial protection.   

• Like 1