DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

21 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Situation in Michigan and Penn are very worrying and kind of hopeless to see. Both states are generally in line national average in term of vaccination but somehow the spreading is still running like wildfire as if there were none, suggest that the same could still happen to other states regardless of their vaccination.

Maybe FDA should start postpone people 2nd shot especially those in lower risk tier group to ensure as many as possible can get their partial protection.   

Worryingly, there is a corresponding uptick in deaths as well. That's not good news and suggests they are vaccinating the wrong people.

12 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Worryingly, there is a corresponding uptick in deaths as well. That's not good news and suggests they are vaccinating the wrong people.

To be fair, in average nearly 80% of the people over 65 have been partially vaccinated, add in those who caught the virus, this figure can run over 80%. CDC statistics reveal that >80% of the death are from those who aged >65 but if the number of death or hospitalization still goes up proportionally, I have no idea how else we can stop the virus. Even more worrying this group of people are generally less socially active. 

About 5,800 people who have been vaccinated against coronavirus have become infected anyway, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tells CNN.

Some became seriously ill and 74 people died, the CDC said. It said 396 -- 7% -- of those who got infected after they were vaccinated required hospitalization.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/health/breakthrough-infections-covid-vaccines-cdc/index.html

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

Now watch Pfizer reduce the vial shipments.

I know🤤  but so far vi are the only country who can do this. There is not 1 drop left

59 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

To be fair, in average nearly 80% of the people over 65 have been partially vaccinated, add in those who caught the virus, this figure can run over 80%. CDC statistics reveal that >80% of the death are from those who aged >65 but if the number of death or hospitalization still goes up proportionally, I have no idea how else we can stop the virus. Even more worrying this group of people are generally less socially active. 

But are the CDC statistics just for this wave?

You don't see this correlation in other countries, even with just the first dose administered.

The link between cases and deaths are severed in all of them when they vaccinate in strict age order.

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

But are the CDC statistics just for this wave?

You don't see this correlation in other countries, even with just the first dose administered.

The link between cases and deaths are severed in all of them when they vaccinate in strict age order.

No, overall number since pandemic started, it have been hovering around 80.5% (death from age group >65) and little sign of going down.

Also, the lately surge haven't really lead to spike in number of death, it probably take another few weeks to precipitate.   

YO YA BOI GOT PFIZER #1 LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IM THE MAN IM THE MAN IM THE MAN YES I AM YES I AM YES I AM

GOD BLESS YOU PAPA FAUCI YOU ARE THE TRUE PAPA OF THE WORLD FEIGE AND NOLAN CAN DIE IN A DITCH MAH BOIS

LIVING LIFE 2 FAM LETS GOOOOOOO

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

Alaska messed up my flight for Portland to Hawaii in July. Had to swap planes (live south of Seattle).

They refunded half of our seat fees yet rebooked us into premium economy, changed us to non-stop for Seattle to and from, and gave us $75 credit towards future flights. I swear they must have the best customer service ever.

• Like 1

A study in Chile, which has one of the furthest-advanced vaccination campaigns in South America -- mainly with China's Coronavac, has found that a first dose alone does not protect against coronavirus infection.

But for a single dose, efficacy in the 28 days between the first and second dose was only three percent -- on par with the margin of error in such studies, it said.

well that explains Chile...

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210406-first-covid-vaccine-shot-alone-not-protective-chile-study

2 hours ago, fmpro said:

Not good news for countries who have this chinese crap on order

Wouldn't call it crap just because it needs the booster to be effective, but it might explain the horrible death toll in Hungary atm, despite high vaccination numbers.

Edited by IndustriousAngel
3 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

Wouldn't call it crap just because it needs the booster to be effective, but it might explain the horrible death toll in Hungary atm, despite high vaccination numbers.

Still only 50% after 2nd dose. Maybe its not crap. But at best its still 2. Sorting very soon and a clear vitcory for USA and others with their great vaccines compared to China

32 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Still only 50% after 2nd dose. Maybe its not crap. But at best its still 2. Sorting very soon and a clear vitcory for USA and others with their great vaccines compared to China

UK and Israel have proven how good Pfizer/Astra/Moderna stand up against Covid-19 (at least for now), hope USA don't ruin that track record. Personally I think USA relaxed their restrictive measurement a bit too early by at least 2 weeks. 

There's a weeks waiting list here to get a booking to go have a pint at the pub.

Can't wait for foreign travels to start again so these bloody tourists would bugger off abroad.

Live look at me walking around town now that I've got my second shot:

Well, in two weeks. :ph34r: With a mask on, of course. 👍

• Like 2