Jump to content
DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Do I start to feel some herd immunity effect on USA? The surge lately seem aren't as intense as compared to the surge before this.    

I think you do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my first shot today as they opened up AstraZeneca to 40 year olds so my wife and I got one. I didn’t feel like I was in any position to wait around for a different “choice”, wanted to take whatever was available to us first and try and help stop this bad wave going on in Ontario now. 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

168 clots and 32 deaths after AZ vaccine in the UK.
From 21,2 mill 1. jabs

 

Still looks like a very good vaccine but should be for older people and countries were Covid is out of control. In countries were everything is good and rarely any deaths pr day i would find another choice. IMO ofcourse

 

Danish article

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/udland/2021-04-23-storbritannien-melder-om-32-dodsfald-efter-blodpropper

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fmpro said:

168 clots and 32 deaths after AZ vaccine in the UK.
From 21,2 mill 1. jabs

 

Still looks like a very good vaccine but should be for older people and countries were Covid is out of control. In countries were everything is good and rarely any deaths pr day i would find another choice. IMO ofcourse

 

Danish article

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/udland/2021-04-23-storbritannien-melder-om-32-dodsfald-efter-blodpropper

 

With 3000+ deaths daily, mainland Europe is still the worst affected place in the world, I would suggest that is the place it would be used to best effect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fmpro said:

168 clots and 32 deaths after AZ vaccine in the UK.
From 21,2 mill 1. jabs

 

Still looks like a very good vaccine but should be for older people and countries were Covid is out of control. In countries were everything is good and rarely any deaths pr day i would find another choice. IMO ofcourse

 

Danish article

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/udland/2021-04-23-storbritannien-melder-om-32-dodsfald-efter-blodpropper

I take bigger risks getting into my car everyday....especially when I've been drinking

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm not being serious

Edited by Chicago
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AndyK said:

I think you do.

But one thing is worrying here, the first shot % growth has slow down a lot in recent days. And some states have low first/2nd shot ratio. Like in Alaska, 33.1% of the population have been vaccinated but the first shot % is at 40.6%, this suggest that the vaccine campaign is running out its demography that willing to take the shot. Similar in Wyoming , 25.6% (fully) vs 33.1% (at least one shot). Israel have at least 87% of aged >16 group gotten their vaccine but in USA, I am not sure if that % can even hit 60%.

Link to post
Share on other sites

87% above 16? In America lol heck no. Republicans after laughing about 600k deaths in America are worried about rashes with 43% intending not to take it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

87% above 16? In America lol heck no. Republicans after laughing about 600k deaths in America are worried about rashes with 43% intending not to take it. 

I follow american politics. Before Trump i was mainly republican in mindset. Boy have that changed alot. And now this about them not taking the vaccine..

WTF is wrong with most of these people?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

First wave wasn't this brutal. Health infrastructure collapsed here. People dying due to lack of oxygen.

Its on every news channel in europe also. We know. Its sad. 2 months ago you were doing fine.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Its on every news channel in europe also. We know. Its sad. 2 months ago you were doing fine.. 

Yeah and it was theorised that India not caring much during first wave let the virus play its course. But now things getting bad for some reason. Most other country had 2nd wave when relaxation was made, here relaxation were given before Winter, and winter was like COVID is gone.

 

And our fucking asshole PM was boasting win over COVID few months back and having idiotic election rallies.

 

Besides numbers being reported are just tip of iceberg.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah and it was theorised that India not caring much during first wave let the virus play its course. But now things getting bad for some reason. Most other country had 2nd wave when relaxation was made, here relaxation were given before Winter, and winter was like COVID is gone.

 

And our fucking asshole PM was boasting win over COVID few months back and having idiotic election rallies.

 

Besides numbers being reported are just tip of iceberg.

To be fair, other nations didn't just get a 2nd wave when they relaxed things either. Much of Europe had a quite summer last year, and warnings to prepare for the winter were mostly ignored or accused of being scare-mongering. The 2nd wave then hit once winter arrived, and things turned much worse than before.

 

Who could have known that experts had some idea of what they were talking about, or that spending time to prepare for the next wave would have been a good idea :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

87% above 16? In America lol heck no. Republicans after laughing about 600k deaths in America are worried about rashes with 43% intending not to take it. 

 

Is that a polled number?  In the last decade, polling has been atrocious, so I think we'll be happily surprised by the beginning of June on how far off that number ends up being...think positive, we are getting there:)!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

But one thing is worrying here, the first shot % growth has slow down a lot in recent days. And some states have low first/2nd shot ratio. Like in Alaska, 33.1% of the population have been vaccinated but the first shot % is at 40.6%, this suggest that the vaccine campaign is running out its demography that willing to take the shot. Similar in Wyoming , 25.6% (fully) vs 33.1% (at least one shot). Israel have at least 87% of aged >16 group gotten their vaccine but in USA, I am not sure if that % can even hit 60%.

UK is currently running at 93% take up.

 

Vaccine passports helps to concentrate minds. Scheme is running in Israel and will be up and running in UK soon.

 

Biden has ruled them out which will not help USAs numbers.

Edited by AndyK
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.