DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

10 hours ago, AndyK said:

Gibraltar has 110% of people vaccinated lol.

Was`ent it Spanish workers in Gib that got their jab and was counted in the stats?

• Like 1

Looks like EU, Canada, and others will push forward with vaccine passport for travel. I'd love to see mandatory quarantine for anyone not vaccinated over the age of 16. Make it difficult possible. Then they can decide if their bullcrap political stunt is worth it.

• Like 4

My country Denmark does it again. As the first EU nation we dropped the AZ vaccine.

Now its J&J`s turn. We will now go forward without it. That pushes are vaccine calender about 6-7 weeks back.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK. I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THIS SHIT!

• Sad 1
  • ...wtf 4
21 hours ago, AndyK said:

When did the opening of stuff started in the UK?

Numbers look really good.

Rather surprinsgly (at least for me last week) I got my first shot yesterday (Moderna).

Last Monday the head master of the school I teach at said that we (the teachers) might get vaccinated in July (last week(s) of school or early summer holidays.) And on Wednesday evening he wrote an e-mail that we should tell him until Thursday morning if we wanted to get it . Classic school things, write a mail after 8 pm and expect an answer until the morning of the next day.

On another topic:

"Herd immunity" apart from it being harder to actually work if vaccinated / recovered people still can get it and might albeit with a lower concentration and a shorter time frame still pass it on, vaccine hesitancy could definitely make it complicated in Europe, especially considering anti-vax at least prior to Corona had their highest share in countries like France and Germany. Especially considering it that the vaccinated people should have the same share of any selected group (the only not selectable group being not vaccinated people).

On 5/3/2021 at 3:13 PM, fmpro said:

QMy country Denmark does it again. As the first EU nation we dropped the AZ vaccine.

Now its J&J`s turn. We will now go forward without it. That pushes are vaccine calender about 6-7 weeks back.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK. I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THIS SHIT!

Both?

But 6-7 weeks (or is that with the initial J&J schedule considering that one seems to not be working at all).
So only Bio/Pfiz and Moderna currently and CureVac won't be the saver considering they still take a month or so and despite that Moderna plans to deliver more doses in July etc. than CureVac.

Considering the quartile plan for Germany is:

Q1 (&Q42020): Bio/Pfiz: 12.36M; Mod.: 1.76M; AZ: 5.58M

Q2 (total incl. already delivered): Bio/Pfiz: 50.3M; Mod.: 6.4M; AZ/Ox: 12.4M; CureVac: 1.4M; J&J: 10M

Without J&J 90M doses enough for 45M people (54% of the population) with J&J it would be 55M = 66 %.

Q3: Bio/Pfiz: 34.7M; Mod.: 26.8M; AZ: 35M; CureVac: 10.5M; J&J: 22M

107M+22M so 53.5M + 22M people.

Without AZ & J&J:

-Q2 would be 78M (=39M people)

Q3: 72M (=36M)

Okay, so here without AZ and J&J it would be pushed back quite a bit too (looks like something in the 6 weeks time frame too).

Honestly don't think those 35M AZ in Q3 will actually be used same goes for most of the J&J or even all.

1 hour ago, Taruseth said:

Rather surprinsgly (at least for me last week) I got my first shot yesterday (Moderna).

Last Monday the head master of the school I teach at said that we (the teachers) might get vaccinated in July (last week(s) of school or early summer holidays.) And on Wednesday evening he wrote an e-mail that we should tell him until Thursday morning if we wanted to get it . Classic school things, write a mail after 8 pm and expect an answer until the morning of the next day.

On another topic:

"Herd immunity" apart from it being harder to actually work if vaccinated / recovered people still can get it and might albeit with a lower concentration and a shorter time frame still pass it on, vaccine hesitancy could definitely make it complicated in Europe, especially considering anti-vax at least prior to Corona had their highest share in countries like France and Germany. Especially considering it that the vaccinated people should have the same share of any selected group (the only not selectable group being not vaccinated people).

Both?

But 6-7 weeks (or is that with the initial J&J schedule considering that one seems to not be working at all).
So only Bio/Pfiz and Moderna currently and CureVac won't be the saver considering they still take a month or so and despite that Moderna plans to deliver more doses in July etc. than CureVac.

Q2 (total incl. already delivered): Bio/Pfiz: 50.3M; Mod.: 6.4M; AZ/Ox: 12.4M; CureVac: 1.4M; J&J: 10M

Without J&J 90M doses enough for 45M people (54% of the population) with J&J it would be 55M = 66 %.

Without AZ & J&J:

Okay, so here without AZ and J&J it would be pushed back quite a bit too (looks like something in the 6 weeks time frame too).

Honestly don't think those 35M AZ in Q3 will actually be used same goes for most of the J&J or even all.

Schools reopened start of March, retail, bars and resteraunts  mid April, bars are outside only ATM. Everything else opens in mid May. All measures including social distancing to go mid June.

3 hours ago, Taruseth said:

On another topic:

Both?

Without AZ & J&J:

Yeah. Both vaccines are scrapped entirely from the program. So only Pfizer and Moderna for now.
The expect CureVac from the first week in June. But i really doubt that will happen so fast. When do you expect it?

10 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

US daily  vaccination rate will be below 2M soon, and below 1.5M pretty fast thereafter. Demand really tapping out.

Vaccinating 12-15 year old should bring it up right?

But pretty soon you will have 100 mill vaccines just sitting and waiting for a arm to jab. And no one will have it

Even as the very effective covid-19 vaccines have become widely accessible, many progressives continue to listen to voices preaching caution over relaxation. Anthony Fauci recently said he wouldn’t travel or eat at restaurants even though he’s fully vaccinated, despite CDC guidance that these activities can be safe for vaccinated people who take precautions. California Governor Gavin Newsom refused in April to guarantee that the state’s schools would fully reopen in the fall, even though studies have demonstrated for months that modified in-person instruction is safe. Leaders in Brookline, Massachusetts, decided this week to keep a local outdoor mask mandate in place, even though the CDC recently relaxed its guidance for outdoor mask use. And scolding is still a popular pastime. “At least in San Francisco, a lot of people are glaring at each other if they don’t wear masks outside,” Gandhi said, even though the risk of outdoor transmission is very low.

12 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I must ask, what is the point in people this young getting vaccinated? If everyone older are vaccinated then who could younger people pass it to?

13 minutes ago, Chicago said:

I must ask, what is the point in people this young getting vaccinated? If everyone older are vaccinated then who could younger people pass it to?

But we’re nowhere close to “everyone older” being vaccinated. 

16 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

But we’re nowhere close to “everyone older” being vaccinated. 

We are very close to “everyone older who isn’t vaccinated doesn’t want to be” which — while definitely not the exact same thing — has similar policy implications in a lot of ways.

1 minute ago, WandaLegion said:

We are very close to “everyone older who isn’t vaccinated doesn’t want to be” which — while definitely not the exact same thing — has similar policy implications in a lot of ways.

To be clear though, I do think it’s a good idea to vaccinate 0-15 yos, for the same reason we give them dozens of other mandated vaccines. It’s a minor inconvenience that helps keep population levels of the disease as low as possible. 

54 minutes ago, Chicago said:

This seems like a bad idea.

Not only is not everyone older vaccinated, but letting the virus run free leads only to more mutations. Plus you still don't know about long term problems; you may compare this to the measles - not very serious for most youngsters right away, but can leave you with a weaker immune system (just as an example). There may be long term effects of Covid19 we still don't know much about.

• Like 3