DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Nor convinced delta is more transmissible, its prevalent in every country in Europe yet its only become dominant in the UK and India and the only reason its become dominant in the UK is that the other variants were practically eradicated through lockdowns.

15 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Nor convinced delta is more transmissible, its prevalent in every country in Europe yet its only become dominant in the UK and India and the only reason its become dominant in the UK is that the other variants were practically eradicated through lockdowns.

Or it's just the fact, that due to the huge number of Indians/people with indian roots in UK they had a big head start compared to other countries in terms of travelers superspreading the variant all over the country. We will see. 

There's just one thing: The UK has many "firsts" in this pandemic and it might be a good thing, to find out why and what's triggering it. 

Edited by Poseidon
18 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Or it's just the fact, that due to the huge number of Indians/people with indian roots in UK they had a big head start compared to other countries in terms of travelers superspreading the variant all over the country. We will see. 

There's just one thing: The UK has many "firsts" in this pandemic and it might be a good thing, to find out why and what's triggering it. 

We don't have many firsts that can't be put down as bad luck. We were the first to be dealt the Alpha variant and that's about it. England is just an attractive breeding ground for this virus given its dense population, shitty weather and some of the busiest airports in the world.

I agree on how the Delta variant got its head start

11 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Yes but it could just as easily been the Alpha variant that was taking off again if that was the variant bought back from Indian by the Indians.

The variant isn't the issue here IMO, it's the fact a superspreader event occured amongst an unvaccinated population when measures were relaxed.

waiting for CRS data for other states. there are 130K excess deaths this year in AP and 187K in MP. roughly 0.25% in both states population. extrapolating that to India, there were around 3M excess deaths in 2021, official COVID deaths being 2.25 lakhs, roughly 14x.

This is what I mean when I say that the US is lost and is getting MUCH worse.

This has nothing to do with supply, accessibility, medical concerns, cost, or any other potentially valid reason.

Nearly all of it is due to politics. It's pathetic.

Kudos to Utah and SD for being slightly less delusional regardless of politics. Granted SD numbers were horrible per capita so no surprise they got it.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

This is what I mean when I say that the US is lost and is getting MUCH worse.

This has nothing to do with supply, accessibility, medical concerns, cost, or any other potentially valid reason.

Nearly all of it is due to politics. It's pathetic.

Kudos to Utah and SD for being slightly less delusional regardless of politics. Granted SD numbers were horrible per capita so no surprise they got it.

With current vaccination pace, it is hard not to doubt if Biden's 70% goal by ID is an achievable goal. If those 6 states from the south ( I include texas and florida due to their sheer population size) can go little bit more higher, things would have been way easier.   

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

With current vaccination pace, it is hard not to doubt if Biden's 70% goal by ID is an achievable goal. If those 6 states from the south ( I include texas and florida due to their sheer population size) can go little bit more higher, things would have been way easier.   

Yes but I think you're going to see more lift there as well. 

Remember that the majority of these people are not actually anti-vax. They are literally just not getting the vaccine to spite Biden and the Democrats. They do this simultaneously while wanting to credit Trump for the vaccine rollout and operation warp speed. The hypocrisy is almost too much to take.

Edited by cdsacken
10 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Yes but I think you're going to see more lift there as well. 

Remember that the majority of these people are not actually anti-vax. They are literally just not getting the vaccine to spite Biden and the Democrats. 

Once the variants start ripping through the unvaccinated after the slow summer season  I think we'll see a quiet reversal in their opinions.

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Not good news, CureVac is an mRNA vaccine like BioNtec and Moderna.

Yeah. Will 100% movie EUs vaccine calender now and make it more difficult for COVAX to get enough vaccines in 2022. 
Could still go over 50% when study is complete and get approved if it just prevents hospital and death

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

Wearing a facemask whilst you're driving alone in your car is the equivalent of walking around town wearing a seatbelt. 

People do that?

On 6/15/2021 at 1:43 PM, AndyK said:

Covid19 just took another step on the road to becoming another common cold.

But running nose, sore throat have always been common (at least in Germany).

The one that seems to have lost its significance is loss of smell.

2 hours ago, Chicago said:

Wearing a facemask whilst you're driving alone in your car is the equivalent of walking around town wearing a seatbelt. 

well, tell that to Indian courts.

2 hours ago, Taruseth said:

People do that?

But running nose, sore throat have always been common (at least in Germany).

The one that seems to have lost its significance is loss of smell.

Not on the list of symptoms here in the UK.