DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

There are 18000 people being hospitalized in USA due to covid after 56% first dose coverage. How on earth this is an acceptable number is really baffling me. They should try take away all the stimulus check back from eligible yet unvaccinated group unless they can prove they aren't suitable to get the jab. These unvaccinated group singely ruining global recovery and hamper moviegoing. 

17 hours ago, Jamiem said:

Not everyone is vaccinated, particularly in Asia, Oceania and Africa where the vaccine is still not available to any adult unlike in the US and Europe. Children are still not vaccinated in the vast majority fo the world. 

This seems a bit tone deaf honestly (same as what you keep on posting with certainty that no movies will get delayed, which I'm not so sure due to this being a WORLDWIDE pandemic) eventually we will get to a point where most are vaccinated (and get subsequent boosters) but that is very far away in some places globally. 

Apologies, my comments are directed at the United States mostly.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

There are 18000 people being hospitalized in USA due to covid after 56% first dose coverage. How on earth this is an acceptable number is really baffling me. They should try take away all the stimulus check back from eligible yet unvaccinated group unless they can prove they aren't suitable to get the jab. These unvaccinated group singely ruining global recovery and hamper moviegoing. 

Absolutely and have said from the start that stimulus money should have only been released to people when they proved they were vaccinated or had a rock solid doctor's excuse for not being.  

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

The coverage is not as bad as it seems - the US has 48M kids under 12, so about 15% of the population can't be vaccinated, so you're looking at max 85% vaccination of the population possible (and if we get even more technical, 1% of this group is probably unvaccinatable b/c they are near death or other issues, but I'm not gonna worry about them).  56%/85% means we've got about 65-66% of total possible vaccinatable people 1st dose coverage...it still needs to be 10-15 points higher to say we all chipped in, but it's now slowly getting there.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

56%/85% means we've got about 65-66% of total possible vaccinatable people 1st dose coverage...it still needs to be 10-15 points higher to say we all chipped in, but it's now slowly getting there.

Pretty close, but actually a bit better than that - according to the NYT's tracker, 68.3% of US adults with at least one dose. (59.6% fully vaccinated)

Also worth noting that the US coverage is very heteregenous - there are several states with >75% of adults with at least one dose, which is great, but then there are also states that are at less than 50% (not great, and also bringing down the average).

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

The coverage is not as bad as it seems - the US has 48M kids under 12, so about 15% of the population can't be vaccinated, so you're looking at max 85% vaccination of the population possible (and if we get even more technical, 1% of this group is probably unvaccinatable b/c they are near death or other issues, but I'm not gonna worry about them).  56%/85% means we've got about 65-66% of total possible vaccinatable people 1st dose coverage...it still needs to be 10-15 points higher to say we all chipped in, but it's now slowly getting there.

But how did UK come near to 70% before they even authorize <18 vaccination? Also, I don't really look at % of eligible group since covid-19 didn't pass out the virus by age recognition, so the breakdown is more for reporting purpose than an actual meaningful impact.

And USA has one of the slowest vaccination pace among those countries with >45% coverage. Only 500k+ dose administered per day. Even UK & Canada that hitting 70% coverage, are still manage to administer 200-300k daily. And a country like Germany can have near 600k dose administered, despite already have >60% of 1st dose coverage, not to mention they only have 1/4 of the USA's population size.

Overall number isn't bad but the anti-vax sentiment is way too strong for a country like USA. Other developed countries can have their 70% goal easily but American have to crawl there. 

4 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

But how did UK come near to 70% before they even authorize <18 vaccination? Also, I don't really look at % of eligible group since covid-19 didn't pass out the virus by age recognition, so the breakdown is more for reporting purpose than an actual meaningful impact.

And USA has one of the slowest vaccination pace among those countries with >45% coverage. Only 500k+ dose administered per day. Even UK & Canada that hitting 70% coverage, are still manage to administer 200-300k daily. And a country like Germany can have near 600k dose administered, despite already have >60% of 1st dose coverage, not to mention they only have 1/4 of the USA's population size.

Overall number isn't bad but the anti-vax sentiment is way too strong for a country like USA. Other developed countries can have their 70% goal easily but American have to crawl there. 

UK is hitting a wall ATM and demand is dropping off substantially.

• Sad 2
16 hours ago, AndyK said:

That's because we've reached the under 25 labourites. They won't get vaccinated just so they can blame Boris 

17 hours ago, AndyK said:

It doesn't matter, 70% coverage is pretty much the maximum limit of one country can go. Everything from here is a bonus

6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

It doesn't matter, 70% coverage is pretty much the maximum limit of one country can go. Everything from here is a bonus

We are on track to around 80-83% in 2 months. Look at over 50 years old

Gruppe Vaccinerede % Færdig-vaccinerede %
Gruppe 1: Plejehjemsbeboere 41.182 96,2% 40.334 94,2%
Gruppe 2: Ældre end 65, som modtager praktisk hjælp og personlig pleje (og enkelte under 65) 50.597 93,2% 49.727 91,6%
Gruppe 3: Ældre end 85, som ikke er plejehjemsbeboer 91.186 96,1% 90.596 95,4%
Gruppe 4: Social- og sundhedsansatte 298.068 99% 292.702 97,2%
Gruppe 5: Udvalgte personer i særlig risiko for alvorligt forløb ved covid-19 227.208 94,7% 223.632 93,2%
Gruppe 6: Udvalgte pårørende til personer i særlig risiko for alvorligt forløb ved covid-19 2.009 95,3% 1.956 92,8%
Gruppe 7: 80-84-årige 122.816 96,8% 122.162 96,3%
Gruppe 8: 75-79-årige 219.501 96,8% 218.287 96,3%
Gruppe 9: 65-74-årige 514.460 95,7% 508.943 94,6%
Gruppe 10: 60-64-årige 262.412 92,7% 255.248 90,2%
Gruppe 11: 55-59-årige 316.353 90,9% 299.854 86,2%
Gruppe 12: 50-54-årige 301.790 88,9% 266.395 78,5%

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 2

Its in Danish but groups are

1) Nursinghomes

2) over 65 getting care in own home

3) Over 85

4) Front staff hospitals ect

5) Special selected people in danger to die from Covid

6) Helpers to group 5

The last groups are still chugging away each day. We are going to hit 80+% fully vaccinated soon of the entire population

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, AJG said:

Be safe out there kids

E67QgyHXEAInHfY?format=jpg&name=largeE67Qg9cXEAMdRGN?format=jpg&name=mediumE67QnUVWEAAsGq0?format=jpg&name=medium

Sad story for sure.

But i really doubt these Anti vaxx will learn.
I got my 2nd Pfizer jab today. I feel fine. Only a very sore arm

Get your jabs people

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Sad story for sure.

Get your jabs people

Hey I got my 2nd pfizer today too

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, fmpro said:

Sad story for sure.

Get your jabs people

How long from the first dose? 

8 weeks should be the minimum, the Israeli studies show Pfizer is only 40% effective against Delta to prevent symptomatic disease with 4 week interval.

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, AndyK said:

How long from the first dose? 

8 weeks should be the minimum, the Israeli studies show Pfizer is only 40% effective against Delta to prevent symptomatic disease with 4 week interval.

I had 7 weeks between. I have seen the study. But most here are 3-7 weeks apart. I had my 2nd moved just because of this news. I think i`m good. Or else im ready for a third this winter

• Like 2
1 hour ago, fmpro said:

I had 7 weeks between. I have seen the study. But most here are 3-7 weeks apart. I had my 2nd moved just because of this news. I think i`m good. Or else im ready for a third this winter

7 weeks, 8 weeks. Im sure you're all good. The Danes have really shot up on the vaccination which is good. I noticed in the Euros the Danes were one of the only countries to have full stadiums, were restrictions lifted early there?

• Like 1
On 7/21/2021 at 2:47 PM, titanic2187 said:

Well we have 4200 hospitalizations with a population 5x smaller so if the USA's is unacceptable then what is ours?

Edited by Chicago
2 hours ago, Chicago said:

7 weeks, 8 weeks. Im sure you're all good. The Danes have really shot up on the vaccination which is good. I noticed in the Euros the Danes were one of the only countries to have full stadiums, were restrictions lifted early there?

yeah. We reach 70% first jab and 50% second jab this weekend and going for around 80-83% full vaxx sometime in September

99% of Restrictions were lifted in June yes. We have 0-3 deaths pr week now(all unvacinated). We use Corona passports here. You need that to get in most places.

Thats means a test that is 72 hours old at the most or 1st jab minimum.

We had a little spike 2 weeks ago in covid cases but its normal now. Very few people gets sick.

But we did`ent have full stadiums. I think it was 25.000-28.000 out of around 40.000 seats. We are still carefull with big events