DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

14 minutes ago, Chicago said:

France:

59.5 single jab

45.5% fully jabbed

USA

57.5 single jab

49.7% double jabbed 

UK 

70.1%  single Jab

56.2%  double jab

Don't know where they are getting their figures from but they have a long way to go to catch the UK up. Macron is just trying to save grace after stupidly telling an entire nation a vaccine was "quasi ineffective"

Also USA has a higher amount of the population fully jabbed. I think they miss the point anyways, we had to rush to get the vulnerable vaccinated as they were at serious risk, Macron failed at that. It's good they are speeding up the process but rushing to get young people jabbed when they really aren't a priority is nothing to celebrate over. Then declaring they are winning the vaccine race is kind of embarrassing. They needed to be speedy at the start of the year 

These French numbers are the official ones, your numbers are outdated by at least 10 days.

With France beating the USA and set to beat the UK France & Macron is leading the way, Italy and Portugal started to follow suit after this success. Maybe the UK will, Germany seems to be open to it.

I know, it's hard for an American to acknowledge others did better than them but that's the current reality and even the EU now has more people with 1 dose than the US so it'll beat it for the number of fully vaccinated too.

5 hours ago, BK007 said:

You just hope that another variant doesn't arise from all this hesitation. 

We've had ones in the UK, South Africa, Brazil and India, who's to say another isn't coming? And it might be worse if the virus is trying to battle its way past vaxxed people. 

Rich countries have the ability to reduce the risk of this by just getting vaxxed to begin with and cutting off circulation. 

If China is still taking blame for the pandemic, then the country that allows a variant to evolve by hesitation should be blamed for any resurgence or setbacks.

We have vaccines for mutations lol

8 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

These French numbers are the official ones, your numbers are outdated by at least 10 days.

With France beating the USA and set to beat the UK France & Macron is leading the way, Italy and Portugal started to follow suit after this success. Maybe the UK will, Germany seems to be open to it.

I know, it's hard for an American to acknowledge others did better than them but that's the current reality and even the EU now has more people with 1 dose than the US so it'll beat it for the number of fully vaccinated too.

I'm English not American lol. France has done anything BUT lead the way, they tried pushing their failed vaccine company at the start then slagged off a perfectly good vaccine during the height of the 3rd wave. Good on him for getting his act together I guess but thousands more lives would have been saved had he got his act together sooner

And you haven't done better than America, they got their vulnerable vaccinated sooner. Its not a race to get young people jabbed, they are hardly at risk

Edited by Chicago
1 hour ago, AndyK said:

This is great, BoJo is trying to do the same thing.

It's good that the UK Prime Minister doesn't have executive powers because we cant have a Trump situation but on the other hand it looks like vaccine mandates wont get through parliament because the Labour party are teaming up with the ant-vaxxers in the conservatives to vote against it.

The left usually defends vaccination and efforts to curb, at least in the US and France, why would the UK left go with anti-vaxxers?

Not saying you're lying but that sounds unusual, unless it's just automatic opposition to everything conservativezs do.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The left usually defends vaccination and efforts to curb, at least in the US and France, why would the UK left go with anti-vaxxers?

Not saying you're lying but that sounds unusual, unless it's just automatic opposition to everything conservativezs do.

Labour are quite desperate to win back a portion of the population. They target the young and Anti vaxers here are all young. Labour always fights for young voices

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-vaccine-passports-clubs-labour-b1888089.html

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, AndyK said:

This is why I don't like the Independent. They seem to praise this outcome. They care more about siding with a specific parties views rather than the topic itself. They are the same as the Daily Express, just opposite sides of the spectrum 

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Chicago said:

Labour are quite desperate to win back a portion of the population. They target the young and Anti vaxers here are all young. Labour always fights for young voices

They're utterly lost as a party right now. Slam Blair all you like, but at least he was able to bring in a massive majority for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't know which American is gonna claim that we are doing great on vaccines but it's not really a distribution issue. Getting a vaccine is easier here than practically anywhere in the world. We just have a lot of antivaxxers.

So far the way American government to drive vaccination rate are more by incentive, it is time to use some soft "penalty". Instead of giving $100 to lure new vaccinated person, why not just take away $1000 stimulus check from them?  

Maybe It is time for USA government to impose some mandatory measure to boost vaccination rate. Even if it didn't happened in the end, the plan to make it compulsory should be able to scare people for vaccination 

6 hours ago, Chicago said:

This is why I don't like the Independent. They seem to praise this outcome. They care more about siding with a specific parties views rather than the topic itself. They are the same as the Daily Express, just opposite sides of the spectrum 

We don't seem to have a truly independent newspaper, Independant Guardian, Mirror labour....Telegraph, Mail, Express Tory.

...and the Sun don't seem to care who wins as long as they have big tits.

26 minutes ago, AndyK said:

incredible sad, watch till the end.

What is to be sad about?  If people infected and died after vaccination, that is the real tragedy because after all their attempts, they lost their lives. But if these unvaccinated group are the one that joining the smear campaign of covid-19 is a hoax, 99% survival rate and anti-vax, this is the price they have to pay, In fact, I hope more of them died or suffered, that is the only way to falsify their belief.

No sympathy should be wasted on this group of people. I am very willing to mock them in front of their bed. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

They're utterly lost as a party right now. Slam Blair all you like, but at least he was able to bring in a massive majority for them.

I hope they sort their shit out. You can't have everyone vote a party because 'others seem hopeless'. Conservatives need to feel some pressure

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

What is to be sad about?  If people infected and died after vaccination, that is the real tragedy because after all their attempts, they lost their lives. But if these unvaccinated group are the one that joining the smear campaign of covid-19 is a hoax, 99% survival rate and anti-vax, this is the price they have to pay, In fact, I hope more of them died or suffered, that is the only way to falsify their belief.

No sympathy should be wasted on this group of people. I am very willing to mock them in front of their bed. 

im very close to where you are at. Not mock a dying patient. But i have zero sympathy for these idiots

• Like 1

Disney and Walmart are going to start mandating vaccinations for employees.

Disney will require all salaried and non-union hourly employees to be vaccinated within the next 60 days. They have also begun discussions with the unions over requiring union employees to also be vaccinated. (For those outside the US some unions have been staunchly anti-vaccine mandate).

Walmart will require all US-based corporate employees be vaccinated by October 4th. Employees in stores where there is 'high' or 'substantial' transmission will be required to wear masks again starting today. Stores will receive updates every Monday on their status for wearing masks

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/business/walmart-mask-policy-delta-covid/index.html

FWIW, in companies that have decided to have vaccination mandates, while the percentage of employees who disapprove of the mandate tend to be in the 40-45% range, the percent of employees who have left the company over a vaccine mandate has been around 1-2%.

I am interested to see how many companies have vaccine mandates once the vaccines receive full approval from the FDA. There is alot of chatter that many companies are waiting for that official full approval before potentially going down the road of mandates. 

As of right now I am scheduled to return to the office on a hybrid schedule in late August. currently we are not required to be vaccinated, but yesterday they announced based on the CDC guidance and rising numbers in the footprint that all employees will be required to wear masks.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Chicago said:

I hope they sort their shit out. You can't have everyone vote a party because 'others seem hopeless'. Conservatives need to feel some pressure

That seems to be a bigger problem on the left, they theoretically have  good support but they lack the people necessary to do something and can't utilize it and can't bring the population to vote for them. (I'd say the SPD in Germany is in a similar position).

17 hours ago, AndyK said:

We don't seem to have a truly independent newspaper, Independant Guardian, Mirror labour....Telegraph, Mail, Express Tory.

...and the Sun don't seem to care who wins as long as they have big tits.

They follow the money. 

I sometimes think they specifically choose extreme headlines to rally the people up, because the most votes and comments are often on the articles with the worst headlines:

On 7/30/2021 at 10:41 AM, Chicago said:

We have vaccines for mutations lol

Do we actually? (I thought that the current (original) vaccines are mostly working against the known mutations). And research into that is still ongoing.

23 hours ago, Menor said:

I don't know which American is gonna claim that we are doing great on vaccines but it's not really a distribution issue. Getting a vaccine is easier here than practically anywhere in the world. We just have a lot of antivaxxers.

So do a lot of other countries, France or Germany are big on anti-vaxers too.

10 hours ago, RamblinRed said:

Disney and Walmart are going to start mandating vaccinations for employees.

Disney will require all salaried and non-union hourly employees to be vaccinated within the next 60 days. They have also begun discussions with the unions over requiring union employees to also be vaccinated. (For those outside the US some unions have been staunchly anti-vaccine mandate).

Walmart will require all US-based corporate employees be vaccinated by October 4th. Employees in stores where there is 'high' or 'substantial' transmission will be required to wear masks again starting today. Stores will receive updates every Monday on their status for wearing masks

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/business/walmart-mask-policy-delta-covid/index.html

FWIW, in companies that have decided to have vaccination mandates, while the percentage of employees who disapprove of the mandate tend to be in the 40-45% range, the percent of employees who have left the company over a vaccine mandate has been around 1-2%.

I am interested to see how many companies have vaccine mandates once the vaccines receive full approval from the FDA. There is alot of chatter that many companies are waiting for that official full approval before potentially going down the road of mandates. 

As of right now I am scheduled to return to the office on a hybrid schedule in late August. currently we are not required to be vaccinated, but yesterday they announced based on the CDC guidance and rising numbers in the footprint that all employees will be required to wear masks.

Don't think that will happen in Germany.

But universities seem to agree on starting next semester on campus and not online, at least the university I study at with the need to get vaccinated (or already have had COVID) or get tested.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:55 AM, cookie said:

Get your shots, y'all

And wear a mask.

We need t fight the Covid resurgance on all fronts.

People who do not get a vaccine are not just stupid..though they are..but are doing real damage to the country.

I have tomce to hate Antivaxxers..and the Politicians who are exploiting them.

That the GOP has prettymuch goen Anti vaccine and anti mask is just another sign it has gone totally insane.