DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

42 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And wear a mask.

We need t fight the Covid resurgance on all fronts.

People who do not get a vaccine are not just stupid..though they are..but are doing real damage to the country.

I have tomce to hate Antivaxxers..and the Politicians who are exploiting them.

That the GOP has prettymuch goen Anti vaccine and anti mask is just another sign it has gone totally insane.

Doesn't help when your news outlets start spouting complete garbage.

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Doesn't help when your news outlets start spouting complete garbage.

So like... there’s nothing we can do?

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So like... there’s nothing we can do?

You can get vaccinated. Point is that the vaccine will greatly increase your chances of  your body being able the Covid if you do get it.

And wear a maske.

You could also read up on the science 

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You can get vaccinated. Point is that the vaccine will greatly increase your chances of  your body being able the Covid if you do get it.

And wear a maske.

You could also read up on the science 

I am vaccinated thanks. But I mean there’s nothing WE (the vaccinated folks) can do. If other people aren’t vaccinated, we can’t do anything except go back into lockdowns again and again every winter from now on :(

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I am vaccinated thanks. But I mean there’s nothing WE (the vaccinated folks) can do. If other people aren’t vaccinated, we can’t do anything except go back into lockdowns again and again every winter from now on :(

To me the most evil thing is how some freaking politicians....scratch that, let's call it as it is..the GOP seems to be pandering to the Antivax crowd.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I doubt that will happen now though, too much pressure to justify more lockdowns. It would play into anti vaxers hands if they announced further lockdowns as one of the incentives to get jabbed was so we could return to normal life. 

I'm interesting in knowing what percentage of the population can't have the jab due to genuine health reasons? 

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

I doubt that will happen now though, too much pressure to justify more lockdowns. It would play into anti vaxers hands if they announced further lockdowns as one of the incentives to get jabbed was so we could return to normal life. 

I'm interesting in knowing what percentage of the population can't have the jab due to genuine health reasons? 

Not that many. vast majority it's just pure fear and ignorance.

6 hours ago, Chicago said:

There is also a certain population for who they seem to do nothing (I know an old person that did not show any response to 2 doses after recovering from Cancer and being quite immunodepress), but apparently on the allergy to vaccine ingredient side it would be quite rare:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/do-you-need-test-tell-you-if-you-re-allergic-n1262877

Still, some allergy clinics across the U.S. have begun to highlight that they are able to test patients for allergies to those ingredients.

But those tests, many experts say, may be a waste of time and resources — mainly because such allergies are incredibly rare.

Colleagues of mine who have been practicing allergy for 20 to 30 years can count on one hand the number of patients that they've seen with polyethylene glycol reactions.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DAJK said:

Continued mask mandates and health pass requirements are more likely than further lockdowns, I think.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Chicago said:

It sounds mean, but Darwin's theory of evolution comes to mind 

Most unvaccinated people who get Covid will not die, so that does not work.

At most (on average, some will of course die) they will tie up extra health care resources that could have gone to non-COVID cases.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Meanwhile in Florida:

I hate it here so much.

But they insists blocking private sector to impose their own mask or vaccine mandate when they themselves already failing in their job . Pray the suffering are among those anti-vax and conspirator. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
24 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Meanwhile in Florida:

I hate it here so much.

I pity you guys. You have the freaking Mayor in Jaws as governor.

While COvid runs wild, DeDantis is making speeches in Texas.

Edited by dudalb
16 hours ago, Barnack said:

There is also a certain population for who they seem to do nothing (I know an old person that did not show any response to 2 doses after recovering from Cancer and being quite immunodepress), but apparently on the allergy to vaccine ingredient side it would be quite rare:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/do-you-need-test-tell-you-if-you-re-allergic-n1262877

Still, some allergy clinics across the U.S. have begun to highlight that they are able to test patients for allergies to those ingredients.

But those tests, many experts say, may be a waste of time and resources — mainly because such allergies are incredibly rare.

Colleagues of mine who have been practicing allergy for 20 to 30 years can count on one hand the number of patients that they've seen with polyethylene glycol reactions.

USA passes 70% first dose coverage among adults. One month after Biden's goal.  

Vaccination remains sluggish at 600k+ per day, way slower than other developed nation like Germany, UK, Italy, France,... .despite they already have way higher coverage   

57 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

USA passes 70% first dose coverage among adults. One month after Biden's goal.  

Vaccination remains sluggish at 600k+ per day, way slower than other developed nation like Germany, UK, Italy, France,... .despite they already have way higher coverage   

We are at 72 % first and 55 % second jabs. But thats the entire population. 
And not even close to heard immunity. You have a long way to go

Now the Governor of Florida is threatening to cut off funding for schools districts which mandate masks.

The man is truly scary. He is willing to put children at risk to further his political career. He is running as Trump 2.0.

Man is just plain evil.