DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

If that was that was only that, but it is much more than that, the more infested people the more variant get created and in the first Isrealy study they did show that in 100% of the case of a fully vaccinated people getting infected, the prime suspect was unvaccinated.

If 95% of the planet get vaccinated instead of 60%, that possibly a complete game changer.

Of course new strains are an issue. We’re just gonna have to keep making a new vaccine every year, same with the flu and a bunch of other stuff. It’s not perfect and it isn’t going to be 100% effective, but it might be the best option. There are plenty of stupid or shitty people out there that will ensure we’re never vaccinated enough. That’s just how the world is. In a perfect world we’d have everyone in developed countries mostly vaccinated by now and be working on the less fortunate ones, but that’s just how it goes.

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

but that’s just how it goes.

Yes, but that different than talking that the only affected by the non-vaccination is the unvaccinated themselve, not even going into the healthcare cost that are shared everywhere in the world, but at the pandemic level not reaching immunity and the fact the vaccine are not perfect (and the production of variant that could be some that are not something a booster shot can take care of), make it a problem for everyone.

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

There are plenty of stupid or shitty people out there that will ensure we’re never vaccinated enough.

There is a lot of non stupid and non shitty people in there.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Seems kinda dramatic. Just get the vaccine or don’t. If you want to be stupid and put yourself at risk fine, plenty of Darwin Award recipients to go around. 

I got mine, my grandparents got theirs and life has went on. I could give a fuck if conspiracy theory politics loonatics bite the fucking dust.

ANother person who does not get the obvious...that by going unvaccinated, you are not only putting yoursels af risk , but others.

Amazed so many people don't freaking get this. It's not rocket science, folks.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mango said:

Of course new strains are an issue. We’re just gonna have to keep making a new vaccine every year, same with the flu and a bunch of other stuff. It’s not perfect and it isn’t going to be 100% effective, but it might be the best option. There are plenty of stupid or shitty people out there that will ensure we’re never vaccinated enough. That’s just how the world is. In a perfect world we’d have everyone in developed countries mostly vaccinated by now and be working on the less fortunate ones, but that’s just how it goes.

I'm feeling more and more like this. We know we won't get 100% cooperation from the public or the virus would have been eradicated during lockdowns by now. I've done my part, I don't have the energy to care about those that choose against it now. I'll be enjoying my quarantine free holidays whilst they all settle for a week in Devon. In an ideal world our NHS would refuse to treat those who turned down vaccines but we aren't that cruel.

8 hours ago, Chicago said:

I'm feeling more and more like this. We know we won't get 100% cooperation from the public or the virus would have been eradicated during lockdowns by now. I've done my part, I don't have the energy to care about those that choose against it now. I'll be enjoying my quarantine free holidays whilst they all settle for a week in Devon. In an ideal world our NHS would refuse to treat those who turned down vaccines but we aren't that cruel.

There needs to be consequences for anti-vaxxers. 

If they are just incubating new variants, they need to be held liable. Because not all of them are going to die - if that's the ultimate form of accountability, whereas a lot of others will die even though they were responsible. 

1 hour ago, BK007 said:

There needs to be consequences for anti-vaxxers. 

If they are just incubating new variants, they need to be held liable. Because not all of them are going to die - if that's the ultimate form of accountability, whereas a lot of others will die even though they were responsible. 

Yeah but that won't happen will it. We should be holding China accountable for not being transparent enough too but we are better than that. Unfortunately you just can't force people to take a vaccine, it's their body afterall. We have 78k smoking deaths a year, they know smoking will kill them but they still do it, are you that surprised people will run the risk of not getting jabbed?

If people are worried, get your jabs and protect yourselves, it's all you can really do. Mango was right, we will have to fight the virus off with vaccines to people who actually want it, it's here to stay and mutate regardless of how many anti vaxers there are. Eradicating the virus is impossible at this point considering double jabbed people still spread the virus. 

I can see where young people are coming from, most of them have probably already caught it, most of them won't get more than a slight cough if they catch it and being double jabbed doesn't prevent you from still passing it on. The government's decisions to vaccinate under 18 year olds also came a little late making it seem less important for kids to get their doses. 

People that are double jabbed should just get on with life and stop complaining now, no point stressing yourselves out over others decision to go around vaccine free. They are bellends, sure, but science suggests 1 in 4 people are bellends so the amount of people choosing to not get vaccinated seems fitting

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Received my second vaccination this morning :) 

Was it Pfizer? I ended up feeling a little under the weather after the 2nd. Hope you're all good 

10 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Was it Pfizer? I ended up feeling a little under the weather after the 2nd. Hope you're all good 

It was! I had a runny nose and sore throat after the first dose, so I’m hoping I’ll get a free pass this time lol. Thank you 

9 hours ago, Krissykins said:

It was! I had a runny nose and sore throat after the first dose, so I’m hoping I’ll get a free pass this time lol. Thank you 

So did I, but no worse then  the usual 24 hour cold.

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

So did I, but no worse then  the usual 24 hour cold.

I had that feeling where you think you're about to come down with a cold and your joints start feeling weak. I stupidly decided to go gym as I assumed it was obviously just the vaccine kicking in and I could still do a workout. ended up putting my back out. Still recovering 🤣 

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

USA passes 50% coverage for complete dose. Ideally should hit at least 55% but going by the current rate, this will take maybe up to a month to get there., 

Its going to be a tough winter for you with “only” 55%. But another surge will help you get more vaccinated. We will be atleast 75% here before winter and experts says its not even close to be enough for everything going back to normal

Marjofie Taylor Green, that nuball Congress member from Georgia, got cheered at a Republican meeting in ALabama when she said "Second Amendment Rights"ie ,shooting, should be exercised on government officals offereing Covid vaccine.

God help the US, one of it's major parties has become a death cult.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
7 hours ago, dudalb said:

Marjofie Taylor Green, that nuball Congress member from Georgia, got cheered at a Republican meeting in ALabama when she said "Second Amendment Rights"ie ,shooting, should be exercised on government officals offereing Covid vaccine.

God help the US, one of it's major parties has become a death cult.

I feel sorry for you guys. You had 4 years of a guy who divided your country, only for your people to replace him with a guy who you wouldn't trust around your kids if your life depended on it. I think you lot just need to pick better

• ...wtf 1
20 hours ago, AndyK said:

Some people do have legit reasons for not wanting the vaccine though. My Mrs is 6 months pregnant and would rather keep herself isolated and wear masks than risk the vaccine when we don't know the effect on unborn babies. She's decided to wait till after giving birth to get jabbed

We are starting to see the first results from early court cases in the US. There have been a couple of early decisions that have found that the state level government cannot create a law or executive order that would prevent a local government or school system from implementing a mask mandate if they feel it is necessary.

Also, Norwegian Cruise Lines won a preliminary injunction against the state of FL where the State of FL has a law that would prevent any private company from requiring proof of vaccination. 

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2021/08/08/federal-judge-sides-with-norwegian-cruise-line-in-fight-with-florida-over-vaccine-passports-1389732

Alot of these court cases will go through appeals but I ultimately expect those decisions to be confirmed. There is over 120 yrs of US case law where the judicial branch tends to give wide latitude to local governments and schools to make decisions that are designed to protect the public health. We've had requirements for proof of vaccinations for 60+ years. 7 students sued the University of Indiana this summer over its policy not to admit any student who isn't vaccinated against COVID. They lost their case.

• Like 2